Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Faun

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by Faun »

Of all the times for me to break my DS, it has to be now, doesn't it? I`m going to have to borrow a DS off of someone. How long will it be before the change the gift?
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Until the 30th, I think?
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

Thank you, Ty! :D
Neopets || Subeta
Tumblr ||Twitter
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Help! Anyone got any quick training tips or any ideas where I can get strong Pokemon fast?I am up to Red now and I have no chance against that damn Pikachu! All my Pokemon are:

Feraligatr- Lvl 57
Snorlax- Lvl 53
Ho-Oh-Lvl 53
Articuno- Lvl 51
Togetic- Lvl 49
Pidgeot-Lvl 47

And yes I do have a thing for flying Pokemozn! They are just so pretty! =P
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I just wanted to say thanks for letting us know about the Mew, Ty. I got SoulSilver for my birthday yesterday, and opened it early so I could get the cute kitty. :D So much win to be wandering around the second gym with a legendary.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha, yay! I'm glad. I went through Platinum with a Toys R Us Mew--it was very satisfying.
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

I couldn't get the Mew. ;_; hopefully they will do something like this again.
Neopets || Subeta
Tumblr ||Twitter
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

fluffy-emo-wolf wrote:I couldn't get the Mew. ;_; hopefully they will do something like this again.
1. Doubt it. This Mew was only released because of the 10th anniversary of Gold & Silver, which is never happening again. The next time we get a Mew event would probably be for something like a Movie event where Mew stars or a Pokemon tour.
2. A metric ton of people have gotten it and a metric ton have cloned it, so just trade with someone.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Garrett wrote:Help! Anyone got any quick training tips or any ideas where I can get strong Pokemon fast?I am up to Red now and I have no chance against that damn Pikachu!
If all you are having trouble with is the Pikachu, it seems like picking up a high level Graveler from one of the caves (I wanna say Victory Roads and the like tend to have them, though I don't remember exactly in HG/SS), maybe evolving it, but otherwise just run through the Elite Four with it a few times until even with your other pokemon, would be a good and easyish method. Ground makes it resistant to electric, which is presumably the biggest worry unless they got fancy with movesets.

I've always used the Elite Four to level up with, they give lots of experience.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Thanks Tiel! Will definitely have to try this. =]
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

After spending ages breeding for egg moves and natures (though IVs are slightly too much effort for me to bother with), I've totally lost the will to EV train my future SoulSilver team. It's just so boring - even with all the power items and pokerus at my disposable, I've managed to muster the effort to raise one and a half pokes up over two weeks. On the downside, I can see my team steamrollering their way through the game. I reaaally hope B/W are around Platinum in difficulty - I think it's the most challenging instalment to date and I had a lot of fun playing through it. Well, challenging, relatively.
Subeta: Thomas
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Considering Pikachu is crunching through his team, and Pikachu is Red's lead pokémon, I don't think the electric pest is the only problem with Garret.

Help! Anyone got any quick training tips or any ideas where I can get strong Pokemon fast?I am up to Red now and I have no chance against that damn Pikachu! All my Pokemon are:
Your team is way too underleveled! I beat him with starters level 75-80 !

Other things.

Snorlax, Blastoise and Lapras ALL have 100% effective blizzard. due to Hail. A ice-weak team is doomed, especially at your levels.

His starters...aren't that bad. Blastoise was the troublesome one to me, because I didn't have grass-type moves, but he's still beatable.

Walling Snorlax with ghosts/rocks is a no-go. He has Blizzard AND Crunch/Shadow Ball. It has NO REST, though, so just endure and let him die.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

If you're under levelled, the easiest way to beat him is probably by boosting your stats - my team consisted of a level 70 Spriritomb, then the rest were all 40 and below. After using nasty plot three times, its special attack was raised to the max and it didn't have too much trouble with any of his team. Well, packing a full stack of revives and potions and what not. You could also use items like X Attack, X Speed, etc.
Subeta: Thomas
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

My ice weak team did just fine against Red, and it's worse than Garret's in that regard. You probably will need to level up though. I used the elite four and the gym leader rematches.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I have some really ice-weak pokemon on SS, too, and Red was no challenge. I used the Elite Four to death, though. Love HGSS's Elite Four! I accidentally maxed out my money. It's close to max again now, too. I don't even know what to buy. Lots of vitamins. ;)
Image Image