Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Slugawoo

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by Slugawoo »

Just a heads up. There's a new route available over wifi for the PokéWalker. It's the Winner's Path this time. It has Pokémon with moves they don't normally learn~

And Smogon... I wish I'd heard of that site before. Here I was just hoping I'd get lucky and serebii.net would feature one of the Pokémon I wanted to use in my final party as Pokémon of the Week. :T
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Smogon is rather amazing - I do quite abuse it whenever I have one of my urges for Shoddybattle... alas! No more need for such simulation!

I finaaally ordered a DS and copies of Platinum and SS the other week - sent SS to home by accident so getting mum to send it on, but platinum and the DS arrived on Friday, and they're wonderful. Sadly, I'm being rubbish and getting good natures/EV training my pokémon. I was really lucky and got a female Piplup with timid on my... tenth reset or so - I didn't mind compromising on modest considering the chances. I was then going to stop there and trade it to my friend so he could breed it for me.

But I'm too impatient to wait for my friend so now it's level 22 and I've got a rather fancy Drifloon, too. And have basically caught everything I can up until that point. But I'm being a good boy and waiting upon the egg, now, so just kinda... turn the DS on for a few minutes, and realise I have nothing to do. And this should all have probably went in some other Pokémon thread but it's sooooo exciting and eeeeeeee. :D ANYWAY. I have exams all next week so, in theory, egg waiting and all that jazz should be good for me.

I could ramble for ages. But you shall be spared. And eeeeeeee.
Subeta: Thomas
Madge

Post by Madge »

To hatch the egg you need to walk in-game, just in case you're waiting several days for the egg to hatch or something. I takes about 6,000 steps for an egg to hatch from scratch, less for the one you get given in-game.

Having a slugma or some magma special abilities makes the hatch time half as much.
Crystalame

Post by Crystalame »

Erm, no. Almost every Pokemon has a different hatch time. For example, a Pichu takes around 2,500 steps to hatch, while a Dratini takes a whopping 10,000 steps to hatch.

(without the Magma Armor/Flame Body reduction)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks for that heads up, Slugawoo. I love my pokewalker. =)
Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

:P My friend still needs to breed me the egg - he's only just heading to Hearthome, so neither of us have a flame body/magma armour poké, which is a bit annoying.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Crystal - I was just using that figure since it's what the 50 scyther eggs I had to hatch were (well, 3,000 with flame body/magma armour) - I was worried that Tom was assuming, like I did in my early days, the eggs hatch after time as opposed to after steps!

Tom - I know one of the early pokewalker routes has magby on it - I think they have a 50% chance of having one of those two egg-helping abilities :)
Tom

Post by Tom »

Soooo my copy of SS came through about a week ago now - I cleared the elite four in about three days with my rather wonderful Feraligatr because I have a whole plethora of things I needed to catch and get and do for my platinum game, where I'm still at Eterna. So yeah. Then I did a few runs of the Battle Factory, which was rather stress inducing, but I managed to get the silver frontier symbol and eventually purchased all the EV boosting items. And these past few days have been dedicated to catching and hatching adamant, jolly, timid, modest and calm Natu with synchronise.. Except I must've caught and hatched about three hundred by now, and I still don't have a viable timid - the four I've got so far have been early bird males, so I can't even breed them for the nature. The Hoothoot that's been breeding with various Natu went from level 2 to 60 in the daycare, thus far. It's just a little bit frustrating. But I finish my exams tomorrow, so I reaaaally want to get one in preparation. Instead of revising, of course. But yeah. I really enjoyed the game, but want to go through it again later (one of the reasons for rushing was to pick up a Seadra so I can have a dragon dance Feraligatr) properly. My complaint would be that I wish they'd ramped up the difficulty a bit. My level 55 Feraligatr managed to beat all the elite four without problems, with only a beneficial nature in hand. And the trainers are a bit... low levelled for where they are in the game, especially towards the end. In my opinion, anyway.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Breeding natures can be such a pain. Because dittos are so easy to get in HG/SS, I captured a ton of them, and now it should be easier to breed for natures (have ditto hold an everstone and it's got a 50% chance to pass its nature on). But I have spent many a painful hour releasing reject pokemon into the wild!
Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

My purpose for the synchronise Natus is easy nature capturing, which shall then be used for easy Ditto nature capturing. Which I suppose seems like a bit of a roundabout way of doing things. Alas. Now I just can't give up... I've gone too far. :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I can tell you that I "only" caught about 30 dittos before I had the five natures I wanted. Using a garchomp with false swipe and a lot of dusk balls, hehe. If I were going to do it over, I would not put false swipe on a pokemon weak to one of its own moves. Ditto would sometimes get a dragon claw off at him if it didn't stay in the first dusk ball. Woops!
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

There's a much easier way to catch Dittos than that, Ty. If you enter the battle with a low level magikarp, the ditto will (of course) turn into it and also acquire its catch rate and not really be able to fight back. :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hehe, I never thought of that. My garchomp is just my false-swipe-y pokemon (for now, anyway), so I make him catch everything without considering whether he's really best-suited!
Image Image
Milk

Post by Milk »

Lugia, Groudon and Latios is in SoulSilver
Ho-Oh, Kyorge and Latias is in HeartGold
You can get Ho-Oh in SoulSilver with Nat. Dex
The same with Lugia and HeartGold
Get Rayquaza by trading kyorge to soulsilver or trade groudon to heartgold
Show them both to Professer oak in pallet town
get the jade orb off him and go to the embedded tower
save and fight Rayquaza
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Make sure to load up your HG/SS games, guys, and use the wifi mystery gift to get a Mew! And thank Raiden (Damien, who keeps changing his name, heh) on Subeta for pointing it out to me.

Even better, it's a Mew you can reset for a good nature and IVs if you're feeling obsessive. *rubs hands together in glee*
Image Image