Morostide Time!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Morostide Time!

Post by Seerow »

A very nice person loaned me a weapon that let me beat up the Nightlady, which was rather awesome. Ishka did alright with the weapons I had, but I kept getting frozen before I could finish her off. If it wasn't for the freezing I probably could have done it though it would have taken ages.
She was able to beat the giant snake guy with ease this year which was nice, she couldn't last year :D
Last edited by Seerow on 23 Oct 2009 01:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm pretty sure I can't find a way to beat nightlady. But I did at least get myself an aura of mortal terror with no problems--I needed that for my Ossuary. =)

edit: I borrowed weapons! <3 ...now someone just text me if she comes back and I'm not here. Oof.

edit edit: I procrastinated sleeping, and now there are 5k of her! eee I hope I win.

edit edit edit: ...no, now it's 500. I could swear it said 5000.

4x edit:
Good Job, you beat Nightlady for the #1 time!
While running away, the Nightlady drops 499,999 sP for you to take!
Mezzanine gains 9,999 experience points for defeating Nightlady!

You received a Helm of Six Fangs for winning!
There are 499 Nightlady(s) left
Yayyyyy borrowed weapons are awesome yayyyyy!! I also pasted it because look, I noticed right when they came back, and then I killed the first one. *poses heroically*
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Damn my flimsy battle set! :P And I have to leave in a few mintues, too, so I wouldn't have been able to catch this wave anyway.

For future reference, what weapons do you need to beat her? I know the blaster's recommended (one of the few weapons I actually have), but I'm not sure what else people are using successfully.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Officer, here was my strategy:

First round: (Attempt to) Freeze her with my Magical Love Duct Tape and protect myself with Shinwas Temple Shard. If she didn't freeze, or we both froze, I withdrew and tried again.
Second round: Use Blackmoons Hand Blaster and Recycle Blaster to take out two of her weapons.
Rest of battle: Use Prodigy Staff with Chancellors War Shield until dead, using my Terra Fucojin scroll for healing. I also had a Rainbow Vortex and Phoenix Quill on hand to use for healing a round if needed.

Usually my Duct Tape does well with freezing opponents, but she seems to not like being frozen very well. I'd suggest a 100% freezer if possible. I had to restart many times.

I have all of the above weapons except the Prodigy staff if anyone want to borrow them, though without the staff the strategy doesn't really work well. I might have been able to pull it off by pairing my Boots of Deathward with the Shield, but she kept freezing me.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

And I have a 100% freezer myself (The Sirens Harp I sniped when prizes for Omen Island were released)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

You got it!
You toss a dozen eggs at thoughtful's house, and watch the yolk slide down the front door. Hope thoughtful doesn't know it was you!

Oh noooooooo! The Sad Egg drips out of one of the eggs you threw :(! Better take it home...
Achievement!
You have been awarded the Sad Egg Savior Achievement!

Yay, Ty! :mrgreen:
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Woo! I'm helpful! And that much closer to achievements! Hee
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Cheers, Seerow! I'll add most of those to my list of "Weapons I Need to Buy Within the Next Year."
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm going to shamelessly beg for Egging/TP, because somehow I feel very far behind with only 5 eggings and 0 TPs.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I finally got a Sad Egg so now the only achievement I have left is the finding an Oowel. Sadly I doubt that will happen as I found a Jakyl and my luck is nonexistent.
I was beginning to think that egg was a myth though, so yay!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I haven't found any minions yet this year. I found a Halloeve last year, but of course that achievement no longer counts.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I currently have a kitty rag doll that I'm willing to trade for either a ghost or vamp rag doll. If you have one of those and are willing to trade, just comment over on subeta or PM me here.

Aaaand it's gone.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Since the month is coming to a close, I'm poking around to see if anyone feels like trading items.

Biggest wish right now is to trade my extra Werewolf doll for a Kitty. :)

Any items in this shop with 2+ in stock are fair game. I'll take anything I don't have.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Wheeeeeere are the new Nightmare pets? *frets*

All the Bloodred and Graveyard revamps are great, don't get me wrong, but... I like new things too. New, spooky, swirly things.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Ierosbats wrote:Wheeeeeere are the new Nightmare pets? *frets*

All the Bloodred and Graveyard revamps are great, don't get me wrong, but... I like new things too. New, spooky, swirly things.
I'm thinking what your thinking. I'm loving all the graveyard and bloodred we're getting. But I was also excited about seeing some nightmare pets. You think we get atleast one by now. **squirms** It's one of my favorite colours so I can't help but be anxious to see some. Maybe we'll get a bunch on Halloween itself? Like last year and how we got five on Halloween.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel