Profile coding help?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Profile coding help?

Post by zebru »

I'm helping refurbish a look up for a friend and I'm a bit stuck with something. She would like her pet tighter together (I'm using #column2_pets { width: 60%; ... for that) than the rest of the second column content but she'd like them to be in center of the column, and not aligned to the left like the rest of the column is.
I managed to align the comment box in the center of the column with this code (#content_pets {text-align: center;}) but I can't seem to figure out the same for the pets section.

The look up in question on my profile currently (http://www.subeta.net/users/Alpes).
I hope I explained what I meant. I'm dreadful at coding. And photoshop. I really wish she'd just allow me to commission a profile form someone who's good at these things.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Re: Profile coding help?

Post by Enriana »

I know nothing about code, but I know my way around Photoshop, and Zebru? The images are GORGEOUS. The contrast, the colours, the swirls of light, the tree comment box - I'm really picky about my graphics, but I give two hearty thumbs up.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

If you set a padding-left on #content_pets, it'll move the column of pets over - probably about 75px will work. This will obviously work best when the width of that column is constant, but I presume it is.

Are you controlling the display of the trick or treat box? It's surrounded by <cener> rather than (presumably) <center> tags, which isn't helpful.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Thanks Enri! *blush* I can't help feeling it's terribly amateurish. I do think pictures are mighty pretty though.

And Jazzy - that worked a treat! Thank you! All I need to do now is fix the top image to match the distances. Had no idea about ToT box tags, I haven't attempted doing anything with them yet.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta