Site revamp/overhaul

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Site revamp/overhaul

Post by AngharadTy »

Put all your added code in the same <style> </style> tags; you have them all in separate ones. That can confuse it. Something to try, anyway.
Image Image
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I think that's how I had it originally, but it didn't work o_O; Subeta confuses me sometimes. I'll go and try that anyway :B.
edit: Just tried it. It's got the same effect as before x_x;.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Did you add in your own sections classed as "stat"? That must have something to do with it. Try renaming your own sections to "customstat" or something (and change it in the <style> tags as well, of course).

(If you don't know what I mean, PM me your code.)
Image Image
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Not as far as I know; I'm not nearly ambitious enough to do that :B. I don't mind the stats much, but the stat bars are really annoying.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Maybe I'm just not undestanding your problem, but the stat bars aren't showing up for me on your Feli's profile, Mew. I just see the stats themselves but no bar separating. I'd check in IE to see if that was the issue for some reason, but I can't get IE for my mac.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Never mind; it's fixed now, thanks Amphigorey! 8D The problem was that the boxes shrunk with the stat bar code in, if that makes sense. The stats are still there, but I can live with them. I still don't get the point of the stat bars, though.

Anyway, thanks for the help, everyone! :D
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Okay, maybe someone who is more code-savvy than me can help!

Before we could completely take down pet stats, I put Leif's stats on the left and his minion on the right. Then, today, I went to put in all the codes to get rid of everything else - birthdays, the stat bars, etc. I took out the code to move Leif's stats to the left and put in that code to erase stats entirely...

http://www.subeta.net/pets/leif

As you can see, it didn't help, and they're still showing up ;__; I don't know what I'm doing wrong, agh. and now my stupid "enable weapons showing" thing is showing up too (though of course you can't see it). Help? ;-;

EDIT:
Ty fixed it for me :D for anyone having the same problem, this:

Code: Select all

#column_3 {display:none;}
fixes everything up!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

WTF. Yesterday, maybe also the day before, the stats were all oddly spaced out. Some other things were, too, like the friends online widget. I figured it was a temporary glitch, and it was gone by this morning! Except now it's back again. So. Y'know. WTF.

Although hey, what does it matter. The entire system is going to get fucked anyway.
Image Image