Win a nifty electronic device contest

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Win a nifty electronic device contest

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hmm, PS3...

The Zune maybe, but i already have a Zen. I have no use for an iPod, unless maybe for games/applications, but not for music (blah!).

I see that sometimes the list doesn't check you off. I did the Ice Field thing, and it's not marked. Ah well, it's multiple times a day, so i'm not outta luck. And i see they've mostly fixed the Dark Matter Dice glitches, but it's still not as intuitive to play as it could be. And now i gotta figure out Krypts and make excuses to spam the forums once a day. I guess i could find something interesting and subscribe to it and abuse it that way.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Make sure you visit the giveaway entry page first, although it seems to mostly work if you haven't. And Krypts is exactly like the ice field.

I don't like dark matter dice. I like yahtzee, but having to page down all the time gets really annoying.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Since when was Subeta connected to my Facebook?! I'm pretty sure I didn't give it permission to be able to ask me if I wanted to post that I entered this to my Wall. o_O
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yeah, i was a little surprised by it too. I didn't let it go through, so i don't know if you have to log it in for it to post.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Since it gave me a notice, too, and I definitely don't have a Facebook in the slightest, I don't think it's some sneaky connection; I think it's probably just like how Subetalodge has an "add item to wishlist" link. It just sends a command it to any Facebook you might be logged into. Hopefully, anyway. ;)
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

Hehe, we aren't stealing your facebook information or anything! I've been working on a sort of "social networking" strategy for growing Subeta, since we can invest a ton of money in ads all over the internet, or use tools like facebook and twitter where the people we're advertising to (people on your wall) trust your choices and say "hey that might be a cool site." If it works for FARMVILLE UGH.

Anyway -- this is a function that facebook provides to any site. We aren't given anything from your facebook and if we DO want information you'd get a popup saying DO YOU WANT TO AUTHORIZE SUBETA TO HAVE YOUR EMAIL, etc.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That makes a lot of sense as an ad campaign, as it were. I just hope there aren't ever any facebook-exclusive prizes and the like, because I hate when sites do that. A lot. I don't want facebook or twitter in my life.
Image Image