New forum groups - #neocolours!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

New forum groups - #neocolours!

Post by Jessi »

Hey everyone! I'm sure you all saw the newspost, but Subeta forums now do something similar to twitter, where instead of having to ping individual users to a thread, you can now use a # sign to call a 'group' - for example, I'm sure there's a group called #twilight. That way if someone is making a stupid Twilight post, they can just say '#twilight - come post here!' And all the Twilight fans in the #twilight group will get paged to a stupid forum about Twiight :P

WELL!

I went ahead and took it upon myself to make one for Neocolours :D I'm not sure if we'll ever need it for anything, I know a lot of us don't ever use the forums, but I thought it might be nifty to have anyway!

http://www.subeta.net/forums/group/790

There's the link to the group, so feel free to join! I'll approve you guys as I can - and for anyone I don't recognize, I'll try to confirm first that you are in fact an NCer ;D
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: New forum groups - #neocolours!

Post by Alicorn »

Cool! I was hoping someone would start an NC group.I was thinking of starting it but didn't feel comfortable doing it. ^-^; Now we have a group, yay! I'm kinda addicted to the group thing. I've joined a few of them already even though I just post on the forums for the giveaway thing. XP
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:3 joined!
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay NC Group :P

I kinda don't see the point in group altogether though. I can just see this being abused so so easily, where some idiot pings their entire friends list to a thread and each of the pinged people feel they have to reply so they just stay stuff like "Yeah, I agree" or "Good idea" a hundred times 0_o
Hopefully that won't happen though!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

As a member of a cult which is always trying to encourage some of the less active members to participate and join in on the forums, I can see groups being very useful, as opposed to tedious mass pings. I'm not sure how often the Neocolours group will be used, but I find it a nice badge of allegiance to show anyway.
Subeta: Thomas
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I like that it can easily show who some of the people from here are since many people's forum names don't match their Subeta names, and I don't often think to look at the thread here that specifies usernames.

Edit: Though I guess I'd still have to refer to the list here anyway. Yeah, it's early and I'm not thinking clearly yet.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Sweet, applied for it.

I've noticed that I've been going on the forums more often, notably the Ideas and Suggestions. Rah mentioned something that hinted about an upcoming Steampunk color... >.>;;
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I think I must be one of the few people on the internet not completely in love with Steampunk XD
I'd be interested in seeing how Subeta does it, but there's many many other colors I'd love to see created first.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.