Fireside is a'coming.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Fireside is a'coming.

Post by Seerow »

Arg Ty, I did the same thing. I had 10 of the dragon minions to burn and did them really quickly this morning, before the achievement. I haven't been finding many things to burn this year yet :(

Man the new BD challenger is hard. I highly doubt I'll be able to defeat him, when even with the proper weapons people with far greater pets then mine can't. Ohh well, maybe next year.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Seerow wrote:Arg Ty, I did the same thing. I had 10 of the dragon minions to burn and did them really quickly this morning, before the achievement. I haven't been finding many things to burn this year yet :(
Same here - I had about 70 red rreign plushies hoarded :? I've been clicking like mad since last night and have only found 14 floaty things.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm making note of this only because I know there are some fans of this show here.
A new item was found on Subetalodge that you can get from the bonfire.
Burnt Flesh
Which is wearable and gives you this...
Prince Zuko FTW! **fangirl squeal** Must have! Damn it all. I'm having trouble getting the Burnt Embers, now I have to aim for this one too. The torture.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You have to have him burn an item into that--or at least, that's how I got it.

I'm worried I won't get burnt embers. So expensive right now! Is that another item-must-be-burnt one? I got three burn errors yesterday. >.<
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh I see! I thought it was given to you from the fire but that makes sense. **nods** Didn't know you could get items when he burnt your items. Now I think of it maybe burnt embers is a have burn item. I better start burning all those angel plushies I've been finding. It would explain why they are so expensive too.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ty, the embers weren't being given out until just recently - if you got one of those stupid errors whilst burning a wreathed rreign then that should have been the embers I hear! Keith said he was fixing it though :3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I'm glad if it's being fixed--someone is/was selling the item for 2m, so it must exist properly now. But dang, I burned a lot of items trying to get him to toast my things, and when he finally did, I got nothing three times in a row. I should know better by now than to do things on the site until they've been proven to work. I'm still angry that I burned 50 items and didn't get credit for them.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:O lol Zuko.

The tier for burning stuff, is up to 100, right?
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hmm how does he burn your items? Do you have to toss in specific items into the fire? He hasn't burned anything of mine yet :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

He gets mad if you toss in the angel plushies that you can find floating around the site, and many of his rewards for turning in "good" items. He has a chance to burn one of your pets, or to do nothing (i.e., he flames but you get away), or to burn an item in your inventory (I think it has to not be "special" items and the like--buy something from the main shops to be safe).

Of course, he's roasted three of my pets today, and still no embers. Sheesh. That represents a stupid amount of slots-playing time, too.

And y'know, I'd like him to respect my personal space and stop kissing me.
Image Image
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

ROFL TY. I totally agree. Once was great for the achievement, but he can totally stop now please ;_;
<3
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I love the Zuko scar. It is amazing. If only Katara hair wasn't ridiculously hard to get.

Also, you're welcome to any doubles I have here: http://www.subeta.net/ushop.php?shopid= ... cat=330526
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

The Red Rregin gets mad if you throw him any item with 'wreathed' in the name. That's why he gets mad when you give him any Angel items or items you get from the Bonfire.

Make sure to keep some junk items in your inventory; it looks like he won't burn anything that's got a 'special' rarity.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

D'oh! I just threw 10 wreathed items at the dragon and the only time he burned something it just turned into a pile of ash. :( I wonder if the rarity of the item he burns plays a role, or if it's just random (he trashed a cheap espresso machine).

ETA: Ohshi- I take that back! I got a second item burned and I got both ash AND burnt flesh. :mrgreen:
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm really having trouble caring about this holiday. Mostly because I can't even come close to beating the challenger - with a pet with stats nearing 1100. While I don't have great weapons, I have semi-decent ones, but still, after all the training Maigrey's done, and all the cash I've spent (real and virtual) getting weapons, I can't make a dent on the stupid thing.

Last time I read the bd forums, it seems that no one without god weapons is going to have a shot, and I don't know any of those fools well enough to get lent. I spend all my sp as soon as I get it, usually, so I don't have cash for collateral, nor do my semi-pitiful weapons work. I have enough high-end clothing to work, but no one there wants clothing as collateral. Which is entirely their right.

Bah. I don't want to have to spend several hundred million sp on weapons to be able to beat all of the holiday challengers - but apparently that's what it takes to compete holiday to holiday.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.