Black Friday on Subeta

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Black Friday on Subeta

Post by Tiki »

Anyone participating? :) I've already blown through all 1500 CSC I had from art payments. Most prices seem to be cut in half, although some don't make much sense. (2000 CSC for one pet slot vs. 4500 for two....?)

I was able to purchase every single minion, saving myself a couple hundred million on the retired ones. :D Today or tomorrow I'll run to Wal-Mart and get a card so that I can have 16 pet slots. Oddly enough, 16 is all I want- I really like the symmetry of having 2x8 columns on my profile, LOL.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Black Friday on Subeta

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm definitely getting a bunch of stuff. Mostly costume trunks (they're a steal), and maybe 2 donadak plushies to get the rest of my planned pets. And maybe a few GA medals to sell once prices go back up...

I'm going to be so insanely broke for the next millenium....
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I bought a Mystical Montre Plushie :D 18 pet slots now, yay!
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I bought a $20 UGC the day before and used it mostly to catch up on all the costume trunks I wanted. Having every trunk back in the shop at once was unexpected and really nice!

I got, um... Traditional Vetan female, Sweet Lolita female, Sealed Clamshell male, Police Costume male, Flashback male, black and brown waufle boots, a few off-shoulder tops, and one GA medal. I have 300 credits left. *ponders*

Also, kind of disappointed in the new bobblehead collections. I'd collect them if they'd hold still, as the art itself is very adorable, but seeing more than one on a page makes me want to whack them with a mallet. I somehow got three Leviathan bobbleheads.

Image Image Image
Gah, it's like a broken YTMND animation without the repeating sound clip.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I managed to convince my mom to buy me the remaining 4k CSC I needed, and I was able to buy both Mystical plushies. I also got an ISS and gave it to my best friend as an early Christmas present. All in all, good sale. I'm so thankful the plushies were discounted this year. ^.^
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Post by Amphigorey »

I managed to get 1500 CSC for some costume trunks.

Male: Image Image Image Image

Female: Image Image

The Vampire trunk was tempting, but I already had most of the items I wanted from it.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

xD I just put $35 of stuff in my cart. I'm intending to get a few costume trunks, both new and old, bringing my total up to 82 (curiosity sadly got the better of me - I feel slightly dirty...), alongside the new boots and lovely knits. I have 100 csc on my account for whatever reason, so really just need to decided on a few ragged/ruffled/streaky items before making my purchases. Decisions, decisions... hm. D:
Subeta: Thomas
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

ROFL i honestly find the bobbleheads absolutely adorable and love watching them and can't wait to put a row of pirate bobbleheads in Kana's treasures xD

I just spent a ton of money, rofl. YAY COSTUME TRUNKS.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Man, I still feel guilty for spending money on a $10 UGC; I couldn't even imagine dropping the necessary money on those weapons I've been dying to get my hands on. I'm still not quite over that whole "You're wasting money on PIXELS" mentality. :/

I bought the Medieval Helmet as soon as I realized it was there and picked up the "hippy" costume trunk, but I don't know what to spend my other credits on. Part of me thinks I should grab two more trunks, leave them unopened, then sell them when they (re)retire, but another part of me wants to save those credits for when a trunk/DP that I REALLY want comes out in the future. Hmmm....
Rah

Post by Rah »

Office 1BDI - If you've ever spent money in an arcade, or out watching a film or a show or anything like that then just think of subeta as something like that. You're spending your money on entertainment, on having something you can enjoy even though it isn't a tangible thing. IT'S OK REALLY TOTALLY NOT A WASTE :D

At least that's what i've told myself hundred of dollars later xD
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

That's the logic that pushed me towards purchasing CSC in the first place. I'm slowly getting comfortable with it. :P

ETA: Finally spent my other 500 CSC: grabbed the Flashback Costume Trunk and the Scarred Tree Stump.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 29 Nov 2009 05:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Officer 1BDI wrote: I'm still not quite over that whole "You're wasting money on PIXELS" mentality. :/
Stop reasoning with yourself! It's futile.
Tiki wrote:Oddly enough, 16 is all I want- I really like the symmetry of having 2x8 columns on my profile, LOL.
Yes. I've had to ignore looking at my profile for the greater part of 3 months because I got a miracle potion instead mystical montre plushie for my first loyalty box. I have 15 pets and that will be past tense. ^_^
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Usul_Princess wrote: Yes. I've had to ignore looking at my profile for the greater part of 3 months because I got a miracle potion instead mystical montre plushie for my first loyalty box. I have 15 pets and that will be past tense. ^_^
I just saw a profile with their pets arranged in a 4x4 cube and my inner symmetry freak positively danced with joy. Definitely going out to Walgreens + Walmart today to get some cash. :P Sometimes I think pet sites like this are making me rather obsessive compulsive about the most pointless things.