Heads Up! Name clearing on December 15th.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Heads Up! Name clearing on December 15th.

Post by TCStarwind »

Neither of the names I wanted cleared. I'll send in a ticket to find out if they will in January, but otherwise, I'm out of luck. I was so sure the one would clear. :( I'll just use the GA time to get the other pets I was planning on.

Edit: Oh, wow. Apparently one of the names I thought was going to clear (and had previously been inactive for 10 months) has logged in recently. So I'll have to wait for over a year to get it, most likely, and that's if the person doesn't log on again... :/ I'll just mess with the name a bit to see if I can get something I can live with.
Last edited by TCStarwind on 16 Dec 2009 04:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

For once, I was completely unsuccessful- but I honestly can't complain, as I have been so lucky for the past 2 years with names like Sky/Rain/Dandelion. I know I miraculously snagged those names out from the hands of many others.

Rachel and Tche are both epic name-ninjas, so I missed out on Ice and Puppet. (I'm fairly sure half of Subeta was after the pets previously owned by "Riddles," LOL!) Apparently I also missed Arctic, which would have been awesome- honestly, I thought I went through every winter-themed name to replace Wind Chill, but I somehow missed that that one was clearing as well. I've had WC for close to 2 years now, and I'm used to the name... it just seems so unusually long for my tastes. I'll continue to tolerate it, though. :P

I did get some consolation prizes in the end! I discovered Caribou completely by accident, so Bison has a nifty counterpart. And another user informed me that Hyper was open, which is a fun name all on its own and has very interesting bloodred pet possibilities. All 16 pets are now created, and I can honestly say I'm satisfied with all their names.

All in all, a rollercoaster day. :D Congrats to everyone who was able to find names!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

None of the names I'm after were being cleared (hell, most of them will never clear) so I didn't even try for anything. I'm sad that so many people I know missed out on names though :(
But then there's people like Rah and Jessi who got the names they'd been after for ages and ages and all seems well with the world :P

Kind of surprised he's going to have another clearing again so soon. There probably won't be very many accounts that are clearing in just a months time. I hope there's one in about 3-6 mths as it seems many more accounts are set to clear in that time frame. *Shrug* Here's to hoping the names I'm stalking don't become active again.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Unusually, I couldn't think of a single name that was inactive long enough to clear. And almost every name I looked up was a Glade pet--decent indication they're not clearing now or probably ever. :P

I would've wanted "King" but it didn't occur to me despite having a (female) original character named that. Oh well!
11th

Post by 11th »

Congratulations on changing your username! You were known as Sunshower but will be known as Xigbar from now on!
Weeee. I'd only been wanting to change my username forever, so it's nice to have that done.

I haven't gotten the chance to go pet name hunting yet, though. I hope I can find something for my future Glade Wyllop.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

If I get rid of Puppet, you'll be numero uno on my list! I always keep a list of who could want my pet(s), in case I decide to leave for good.

My name wants were Puppet, Warren and Roman in this order. I got Puppet, and the two others were taken fast fast, but I had only ONE slot left.

Congratulations on changing your username! You were known as Tche but will be known as Lugia from now on!

Guardian of the Seas, baby!
Jessyta

Post by Jessyta »

Iggy wrote:If I get rid of Puppet, you'll be numero uno on my list! I always keep a list of who could want my pet(s), in case I decide to leave for good.
I loled.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I didn't know Bane was gonna be freed. Plus I was at school, so I missed of course. But it's okay. It's just a name. xD
At least the two names I was after weren't freed yet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Jessyta wrote:
Iggy wrote:If I get rid of Puppet, you'll be numero uno on my list! I always keep a list of who could want my pet(s), in case I decide to leave for good.
I loled.
Me too. :P

I have an available pet slot, but I didn't snag any names... there's only one I want, really, and the owner last logged in two days ago, so that's not happening. :P I was excited that some of my friends got names they'd been after (Pigeon, Jon, Dixie, etc.), though!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I got Carys! So I am happy. It was the only name I wanted this time around, and now I can finally put all the crap I have for her in her treasures! ...Right after I paint her Glacier!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Oh crap, I didn't know my name wasn't old enough to expire. Maybe I should inquire about it because the account looks abandoned.

I did find another good name! Which is very fitting for an author I have a minor fetish for, and a fangirl crush on one of his characters, Charlie Decker. If you're a weirdo like me, and want to do this man sideways, and don't mind the fact that he's 62 years old and married with 3 kids there are free names that reference Stephen King and his characters. PM me for them.

*salivates*
Last edited by Usul_Princess on 16 Dec 2009 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
shadowgem
Human Avatar: 71636

Post by shadowgem »

hebdenhippy wrote:I got King, Ice and Charm, which were the three I wanted most, so I'm very happy :D
Oh hey, congrats. I didn't know Charm was clearing, or I probably would have stalked it myself. :D
neopets (still full of fail) ~:~ subeta
Avatar drawn for me by Subeta user SHOZZYKiNS
Jen
Human Avatar: 270420

Post by Jen »

The only one I was stalking that cleared was Jasper which I missed xD Hopefully the other few I'm dying for clear in January. I did find Oak in the pound (quite excited about that!) and Boston free (which probably cleared but I hadn't looked it up before!).

Congrats to everyone who got the names they were after! Everyone got so many lovely names, I'm quite jealous! 8D
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I don't know if it was cleared - but I got Nemophila, so I'm happy! :D

Most of my names weren't cleared :/ The ones that had been cleared were taken already, but I'm not too bothered xD.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Yeah, no.