January 2010 Collection

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

January 2010 Collection

Post by hebdenhippy »

WEARABLES

Cinnamon Bun Belt
Spoiler: open/close
Engraved Flint Lock Katar
Coin of the Ox
Fancy Alcohol
Image Image Image
Full Capricorn Hair Piece - Capricorn Hair Piece - Elaborate Capricorn Hair Piece
Image Image Image
NON-WEARABLES

Little Ox Plushie

Tigarch

Arctic Chirrup

Scrapbook of the Future

Glacier Phoenix Plushie

I love the Arctic Chirrup, but otherwise there's nothing else I really want this month
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: January 2010 Collection

Post by AngharadTy »

The arctic chirrup is super, super cute. So freaking cute. Wow. I also like the hornless capricorn hair piece--my hair looks a lot like that. I don't know if I love it enough to get one, because I don't generally make real-me HAs, but it's still really nice.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I am very, very confused by that Glacier Phoenix Plushie ;_; I think it's a bird from behind..? But... it really just looks like a swirly misty blob to me ;_;

I don't really need anything this month, except maybe the arctic chirrup for Aerynn's treasures and mayyyyyybe the Scrapbook of the Future cause I think it's kind of interesting. What I really want is just one of the stupid boxes:

How adorable is that? Super adorable. I just want to collect the boxes xD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Chirrup is definitely the winner this month. The phoenix plushie confuses the hell out of me, but it's so pretty that I don't care. I'll just see it as a strange art sculpture or something.
The wig is pretty good. Not something I'd usually wear, but it actually looks like the hair from one of my old centaur Maple Story characters so I may pick it up.
I still don't understand the cinnamon bun items, or why they keep making them. *Shrug*

When I first saw the news the box appeared before the items and I definitely thought we were getting a new color and that was the potion :P
Last edited by Seerow on 01 Jan 2010 07:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I like the Arctic Chirrup -- it's an owl gryphon! -- but maybe not $2.50 worth of like. We'll see. Nothing else I want this month.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I really love the hairpiece this month but in general I'm not into hair pieces so I doubt I'll buy it.

The Arctic Chirrup is adorable and I may need the Fancy Alcohol for Sporadic treasures but overall, not an exciting month
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Good to know I wasn't the only one staring really, really hard at the Phoenix plushie and wonderinng just what the hell it was. It's pretty, but from what I can make out it is a pretty swirly thing...not a phoenix or a plushie. I thought it was some new sort of potion at first to be honest. I am right there with Seerow on the Cinnamon bun items. They are rather small and seem weird to me...not what I would pony up real money for, but that is just my take.

The wig is interesting, not sure if I really want it or not. The background is a must for me though. I ssw that and said.,"I know where 2.50 of my next paycheck is going."

The Tigarch is an interesting mix of animals and I may have to buy one off of another player. The Ox Coin and plushie are needed for a pet treasure, the book would be nice to have and the rest I can pass on easily as they don't blow my skirt up as a want,want,want or need,need,need type of item.

As usual, lovely art on these items.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'll need the weapon, because they've been going out of their way to make the DP weapons worthwhile, lately. Of course, with the changes coming to the battledome, who knows if that will continue, but because I remember Keith saying something about wanting the DP weapons to be really good, since they cost real money and since they're only available once, I'm going to assume they'll carry their value over into the new system.

So I'll need that, and probably one of the boxes for my gallery of shiny things, since I agree it's really, really pretty. <3

I also agree with whoever said the cinnamon bun wearables are getting old. At least this one doesn't look as much like wearable poo as most of them have. The poo hat was the worst of those. xD

And I'll buy a book or two, against the day the next reading contest begins. I'm determined to get a Malice this time 'round, and having one to sell won't suck either.

And I may get the alcohol for Maigrey's treasures - although probably not, as there are equally pretty booze items that don't cost as much as this one does.

So, I need three things. Not a bad month, cost-wise, all things considered.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Apparently there's going to be a coin every month -- one for each animal in the Chinese Zodiac. I think the ox is adorable, but I wouldn't wear it. I am interested in seeing what they come up with for the others, though!

I got the Arctic Chirrup. It's just too cute.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Cranberry wrote:Apparently there's going to be a coin every month -- one for each animal in the Chinese Zodiac. I think the ox is adorable, but I wouldn't wear it. I am interested in seeing what they come up with for the others, though!
-gasps- Really!? Can't wait to see the Tiger and Dragon then! ^^

Another cute kitty cat this month, and it's crossed with a butterfly! I might get it for my Glade Celi, cause her character's a total ditz and likes eating butterflies. Oh the irony... Thanks Keshi! xD

The other items really hold no interest for me. I don't know why the Cinnamon Bun line continues; it's really not my cup of tea. =/
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I think the only thing I really want is the chirrup, but I'm not sure I want to pay 2.50 for it. The rest of the items are nice, but nothing I would ever use. Echoing everyone else on the cinnamon bun items.

Also, aroudn three this morning, I realized that I didn't get the pine bough from last month's items, and hurridly spent 5.5mill on a december box. :<
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm with Jessi in just wanting the box. So pretty it is. **pets it**

Anywho, I'm a bit disappointed in the zodiac hair. Capricorn is my sign so I was excited about it. It's cute but not something I'd really use. I like the item by itself so I might get it just for the Capricorn. **pokes it**
I love the arctic chirrup, it's soo cute! And I think I shall be getting the fancy alcohol for Scythe's treasure chest, though it is a pretty backdrop too.
And that would be really cool if they come out with coins of all the Chinese zodiac. **considers collecting the coins**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel