Pet Rank - or, another thing to become OCD over.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Pet Rank - or, another thing to become OCD over.

Post by TCStarwind »

Ahahaha... My best ranked pet is slightly over 17k. XD To say I'm not much of a battler would be the understatement of the year. I'm fine with that, though. Numbers don't generally bother me.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Heh, my best ranked pet is 19k ish. My lowest rank is 223k. Which is funny because that's my pet Demon and he's a lover not a fighter. XD
I don't really worry about training my pets. I'm just mostly training my pets that are based on characters that are warrior types. So the stats are more show then for actually fighting. Though if I do get high enough, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at battling.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

This is a shameless bump to let everyone know that I managed to move Casshern up to 2,524 by reading him about 130 books. I've been restocking the book shop and taking one of everything, but I keep seeing the same stuff over and over. Are there other shops that stock more than one or two books? Is there also a list of all of the cheap books in user shops somewhere?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You can use the Monoclide page to specify which books you still need by pasting in your source code. You can also do it at subetalodge, but it's a slightly longer process; however, I really like the checklist feature there. Also, you can sort books by recent user price or by rarity at subetalodge, which is great.

Incidentally, still no clue what pet rank is fully based on. My brand-new, created-today pet is a higher rank than Coldfang, and Coldfang has one stat point more than her. The exact same thing happened with the pet I made before, too (now abandoned). Coldfang doesn't deserve a higher rank? What else could it be based on? I tested hunger, happiness, presence of minion, treasure chest size, color-other-than-common, lots of things... noooooo idea.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Ooooh. Now I can go through the lists on Subeta Lodge and buy all the really cheap books for Casshern.

Could it be relative to age somehow? The younger your pet relative to stats the bigger age bonus you get? So, a really old pet with 50 stats would rank lower than a new pet with 50 stats?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I have several pets with base stats (level 1, all stats at 10, 0 intelligence), but their pet rank is all over the map, really. It doesn't seem related to age one way or another. It's also not alphabetical. Maybe it's random. But no matter what, Coldfang with one stat at 11 should be higher than all of those.

I don't care about their ranks, but I definitely find it... curious.
Image Image