Pet Rank - or, another thing to become OCD over.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Pet Rank - or, another thing to become OCD over.

Post by Tiki »

Looking at my pets page right now, I see there's a new number under their battle stats, called Pet Rank. It can't be determined by battling or age alone, since neither of those completely correlate to my pets' ranking. I wonder if species + color (and hence "rarity") come into play at all? Treasure slots? Winning the pet spotlight? Either way, it's kinda interesting, and something else for us pet-focused players to focus on.

What's your best-ranked pet? Mine is Spore, who is currently #1,917. The rest are far, far below him. XD

Edit: Well, now the tooltip explaining the rank works... and apparently it is just battle stats. Oh well. :P
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Pet Rank - or, another thing to become OCD over.

Post by Cranberry »

My Visla is number 47! She has some pretty decent stats. :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ishka is 150, which is a pretty amazing number :D
And just for kicks, my lowest rank pet is Anders with a whopping rank of 286,587!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I don't see how it's just based on stats. It doesn't seem to be working that way with my pets. For example, Echt is Pet Rank: 181,065. Entangled, with exactly the same stats, is Pet Rank: 159,681. Thiefly, 5 Levels higher and with higher Strength and Speed, is Pet Rank: 267,335. (I obviously don't train the majority of my pets very much.)

My highest ranking pet is Spurious, of course. Pet Rank: 434! That's higher than I'd expected. I'm weirdly pleased that he's in the top 500.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Do they have different intelligence stats? That factors in as well. And who knows how they rank pets if, say, 100 pets all have identical stats. Alphabetical order?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

My lowest pet is poor Keats, at #17,385 (he can't help it, I've only owned him a few weeks =) and my highest is Maigrey, at #110. Hopefully she'll crack the top 100 soon. xD

The rest of mine are somewhere between Leftwing at #1,127 and Genna at #16,698, although the majority are over #5000. I always wondered if training the entire lot of them off and on would ever amount to anything. Not that this is anything, strictly speaking, but it is better than nothing at all, I suppose. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I don't think it is alphabetical or pet order for pets with the same stats. I have several pets who have default stats that have never touched a book or the training center and they are all over the place in ranking, regardless of their name or pet id.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Hrrm, I'm surprised my Yggy is at #308. I wonder how much better off he'd be if he had my reading pet's intelligence (523 as opposed to 104).

My lowest is a more recently created pet who has base stats, she's #252,997. I think date of creation will determine a better ranking when two pets have equal stats.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Date of creation is the same as your pet id. The lower the id, the older the pet. I have several pets with the same stats but id doesn't seem to factor into it. My lowest scoring pet is definitely not my newest, I've created several after Anders.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Hmm, Pookas_Labyrinth is #144! Sure surprised me, as his stats aren't godlike or anything. However, he was my very first pet, born on July 5th, 2005.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

River.Tam is my best ranked pet at 2555. The rest of them hover around the 25k range other than my newest pet(Suthern) who is 78k+
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Is it me or did the Pets page just change? I don't remember it being in obvious tables with headers, and now there's a link to their profile page. I can also finally see how larger their treasure chests are. Neat.

The rank doesn't show up on their profiles though. Meh. Most of my pets rank in the 3-7k range, but Dacon is number 129,530. My twins, Casshan and Casshern, are 3052 and 3051 respectively. It does seem like intelligence is weighted fairly high since Casshan has slight higher stats and level, but has 4 few intelligence points.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The pets page changed really recently. I like everything, except how bad the old gender symbols look, and how the Abandon Pet link is... there. I guess it should be, but man, it's depressing.

When pet stats came out, Mezzanine was 250; today, she is 248. She is my best. Yay Mezz!
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

My "best" and oldest pet, Albia, is at 242 right now. That I even have a pet within the top 300 is shocking to me; I didn't think her stats were that good (and they aren't, really; I haven't even hit the 800s yet).
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

My pet urkonn is 21, though I kind of already knew that. He was 20 on the "about Subeta" pet stats list for a while, until a month or two ago. I hoped, now I know, he had only been knocked down one spot, so yay, I guess. I hope I can get him back on the top 20 list again. He's still on the health list at 15 though ^^

My other pets are 109 (zoic), 151 (xynth), 553, 873 and then up to 5646 for my lowest ranked one. They all have at least 125 in stats and I actively train 7 of them at the moment.