Coliseum Updates

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: Coliseum Updates

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'm a huge fan of weapon customization in general; it's one of my favorite gameplay concepts (one of the reasons why I love the newer Pokemon games - I can pick and choose what moves my Mons can have with maximum flexibility). So I would love, love, LOVE to see the customization fleshed out more - ALL weapons with sockets (perhaps the more expensive ones can have more sockets - make the number of sockets a proportion to the price or the power of the weapon), more things you can do with them, etc.. If you're worried about them making the battling too easy, have tiers, with the UBER OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO DIE enemies all the way at the top - maybe have battle ranks for each pet, tied to the stats and/or weapons, which allows for battling only enemies of a certain tier? It seems like it would be a lot more work, but it would add more replayability and uniqueness between players and balance it out a bit.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Speaking as someone who's cut WAY back on Neopets and Subeta since she got sucked into Diablo 2:

I propose an NPC who can make sockets in weapons. :-) Gold sink?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Hmm... so apparently the cut-off for dropped items has been reduced from 19 wins to 10, likely in an effort to reduce the number of crystals being dropped.

This annoys me for a few reasons, but the biggest is that this now halves the already reduced chances of getting a "special" item from an enemy. I much preferred the old system when you were guaranteed a special item for your first win and then were limited to experience points afterwards; but now you're not even, say, guaranteed a Lucent for defeating Sagg 10 times (let alone once). It bothers me for the same reason that the method of obtaining Mama Mush as a challenger bothers me: you're taking an already difficult task and making it even more frustrating.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

So so so so so much less incentive for me to ever battle again.

It's like someone sat down and asked, "How could we suck more fun out of this?"

The fact that you're not guaranteed a lucent for being able to beat Saggi... why would I ever, ever try now? My luck is abysmal. I wouldn't get one.

Are mantikitten and buttwings and whatnot supposed to drop non-crystal items?

Also, nightshade doesn't show up for me as an opponent. And hasn't since day 1, but I thought, well, maybe it'll catch up. But no. So, what, do I open a ticket about that?
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

AngharadTy wrote:
It's like someone sat down and asked, "How could we suck more fun out of this?"
Yeah, that.

I doubt, unless things change drastically, that I'll use the new coliseum at all. My 100% freezer now freezes less than 50%, and has flavor text to accompany the non-freezing that makes me sure it's not borked, and several of the opponents I've tried have multi-use Shinwas Temple Shards - so you can go hours without them losing a single icon.

This is certainly one of the most disappointing changes since I've been playing - and I shudder at the thought of having to sell all of my weapons. God, that'll take years.

But I am for damned sure not using the coliseum the way it is now, so I suppose I need to get started on that. It will save me a bit of cash; I've been making sure to buy one of the donation present weapons each month (they'd had good stats consistently of late) but I certainly won't be doing that again, so long as this is the new face of battling.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

What! What 100% freezer is that? Mine has frozen every time, but of course it doesn't say what its percentage is with the hover text.

The multi-use STS thing pisses me off. It's just... such a waste of time and effort. Yay.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

My Keiths Cheater Flyswatter. I used it throughout the entire war, and never once did it fail to freeze, but now it freezes, at best, fifty percent of the time - and, like I said, has new flavor text to accompany its freezing failures that make me sure it's been downgraded.

I'm so glad I paid several million sp for it. I'm sure I'll be able to recoup my investment. /sarcasm

No doubt there's a war in the offing; it's the only reason I can think of for the shields to show back up in the cash shop. Although who would be willing to pay that kind of real cash for something that's been so downgraded, I can't imagine.

Well, there is one additional reason. They could be back just to add an addition, hearty " FUCK YOU, TOO" to those of us who are going to be trying to sell off our weapons, and recoup some of what we've spent. Because they're worth a fraction of what they were already, and now, since they're back in the cash shop, they're worth even less.

So glad I spent real money for them. So, so glad.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm still hoping they reconsider the item drops. Though it seems that some people are getting like 4 Lucents out of beating Saggi 10x, while other opponents seem less generous with their special items. As much as I'd like to beat up on the various opponents out there for the XP, I'm waiting a bit to see if anything changes.

There are so many things that make me unhappy about the BC revamp, though I am glad that it's finally getting some attention. I just hope that Keith and Aaron are still open to making more changes since so many battlers are discouraged by the way things are now.