Atebus Revolution Masquerade

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Atebus Revolution Masquerade

Post by Alicorn »

I know boss battles are suppose to be hard and that you have to be trained and prepared for said boss battle. But really, even top battlers can't scratch this thing just a little bit....ouch. That's not right. And then you are able to beat it and it's random if you get the pretty prize, after all that work....ouch. Totally not right.

I tried to take on the Mecharachnid and stood no chance. Though I didn't have any healing items so that didn't help either. You can tell I'm so not a battler. ^-^; Oh well, I'm just happy I beat anything at all.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

I'm not a big battler on any pet site so all my pets are really weak and this part is boring me but I do like the variety they're adding

But yeah no one being able to touch this thing? It's just balls 8| Seriously what the hell. God, I can't imagine the difficulty if we have more challengers
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I merely glanced through the thread about the boss on Subeta, and the lowest-statted pet that someone beat it with had stats in the 1300s, and pretty much had some lucky rounds, using healing extensively, and used cobalt eternal scrolls.

I am sad.
Image Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I think he's been made easier. I just beat him with my pet (1500 stats). I blasted his Repair Bot and Sonic Boom (with Blackmoon Hand Blaster and Recycle Blaster, blocking with Shinwas Temple Shard and Rainbow Vortex) and then just used my Maleria's Cursed Arm Bangle and Prodigy Staff, plus the Terra Focujin scroll for healing. Also had to use the Phoenix Quill once for a full heal (along with Cobalt Eternal scroll).

Edit: Just beat him a second time, this time blasting his Sonic Boom and Flamebreath. He didn't heal a whole lot. I think he has just one Repair Bot now.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, that's good. Even if I still can't do anything.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Maigrey
Too Hard!
Me either. It's good to know they think only people with pets whose stats are in the 1500s and above should be able to beat this thing. Cause I'm totally sure there are dozens, if not hundreds of those puppies running around. *nods*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Well, to be fair, I didn't have to buy/borrow any god weapons -- I just used the set I have. People with lower stats than me have beaten him with better weapons than I've got. And I agree that it sucks that he's so hard (I haven't had any luck beating him again), but he is the boss (I'm assuming; the battle text says that Marcel's voice keeps coming from within him). Bosses on Neopets were always impossible for almost everyone to beat, too.

(If he is in fact not the boss, but there's someone harder coming, then I agree he should be a little easier to beat.)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Alicorn, the mechanical spiders were, in my eyes, easier than the humanoid robots (As they don't multi-freeze, or whatever).

I just used something that could overheal me, as the spiders have negative healing.

I just used my Red Rreign Cuirass and Polearm. :) They're annoying to beat, because you can't 1-KO them, but they're beatable. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Cranberry wrote:People with lower stats than me have beaten him with better weapons than I've got.
I can't afford even the things you've got. Heh. This is why I have no clue why I keep training Mezz. If I'm not willing to sink hundred of millions of sP into the battle system, stats don't mean anything.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Cranberry wrote:I think he's been made easier. I just beat him with my pet (1500 stats). I blasted his Repair Bot and Sonic Boom (with Blackmoon Hand Blaster and Recycle Blaster, blocking with Shinwas Temple Shard and Rainbow Vortex) and then just used my Maleria's Cursed Arm Bangle and Prodigy Staff, plus the Terra Focujin scroll for healing. Also had to use the Phoenix Quill once for a full heal (along with Cobalt Eternal scroll).

Edit: Just beat him a second time, this time blasting his Sonic Boom and Flamebreath. He didn't heal a whole lot. I think he has just one Repair Bot now.
They definitely did make him a little easier earlier today. I've read that pets with stats in the 600s can beat him now. Though he still says "Too Hard" for my pet. I also used MCAB and Prodigy Staff.

I can't sit here clicking over and over for hours at work though, so I hope he is still around in this incarnation later tonight (I worked yesterday and was out last night, so have only gotten a few battles in).
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Aaand a new page is up. There is roast and goranning of pain! :D

http://www.subeta.net/event_masquerade.php?page=7
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Info on battling Marcel

I'm just sending my untrained pets to battle (and using 5 hp potions between battles). Don't wanna screw with Irate's stats too much.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

mellaka wrote:I've read that pets with stats in the 600s can beat him now.
That makes me feel worse. Heh. My equipment sucks. (Is Maleria not a constant challenger? I can't even try to get my own MCAB--not that I think I can beat her with my sucky equipment!)
mellaka wrote:Though he still says "Too Hard" for my pet.
I'm pretty sure the "too hard" thing is based solely on a stat-to-stat comparison (not 1 to 1, but not completely scaled, either). Unless it's changed, but that's what I read when the new battle system came out.
Image Image
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Marah wrote:Aaand a new page is up. There is roast and goranning of pain! :D

http://www.subeta.net/event_masquerade.php?page=7
Ooo! I bet Isaac comes out of the fire like the Terminator, reduced to his robot skeleton :D
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

AngharadTy wrote:
Cranberry wrote:People with lower stats than me have beaten him with better weapons than I've got.
I can't afford even the things you've got. Heh. This is why I have no clue why I keep training Mezz. If I'm not willing to sink hundred of millions of sP into the battle system, stats don't mean anything.
And this is what the "revamp" was supposed to fix. Make it so stats mattered, certainly more than weapons.

Yeah. Lemme know how that's working out for everyone else.

Because me, not so much. I can't beat the opponents I beat before the redo, but my pet has gained probably +150 in every stat. I have all the same weapons, plus whatever came out as the newest DP weapon. Mind, this was before the revamp left such an awful taste in my mouth that I quit throwing my hard-earned cash away on shit that would be downgraded into nothing, merely at staff's whim.

I dunno why I keep training either.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.