Atebus Revolution Masquerade

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Rah

Re: Atebus Revolution Masquerade

Post by Rah »

Wingsrising you didn't get the key?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Oh, a Yunium Key? So I did. I just didn't notice it in among the other stuff. What does it do?
Rah

Post by Rah »

That's one of the items needed to get a steamwork pet :) Basically rumour has it that only those that won a key can make a pet right now - otherwise we're probably going to have to wait for the 6th/7th to go mining for that ore thing that the scribe mentions. Saves you a few steps (and some restocking!)

Or you could sell it for HUGE PROFITS :D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got the Sleuth level, for guessing right and keeping all my items. Yay for trophies at least :)

So how does one get the schematics? Do they automatically appear in the inventory after 48hrs? And why is there none for the Hikei? The schematics themselves are really pretty and I can definitely see myself collecting them just for the pretty art :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I got Sleuth and also guessed Marcel and turned in the evidence that I felt was relevant. Except I couldn't give the mining permit because Marcel took it and like I said before, the computer/pages glitched and skipped some pages so I couldn't take it back.

I guess I liked the plot overall, but there are certainly points of improvement, parts of it where fun, but a big part of it was also confusing.
As a general rule I strongly dislike plots where are you are left in the dark as to wether the energy you are putting into it is aimed in the right direction. I prefer the plots with a trapped achievement system, where you can see that you are ticking of the important boxes to finishing it.
I also dislike plots where I have to make choices without a logical way of figuring out what the right choice is (for example letting the NPC's take the items so you can follow through on every possible line of conversation vs the importance of keeping your items.)

What do I get when I open the box of evidence, only the pieces I turned in?

Edit, there are 5 ranks. From the boards:
To clarify a little:

The Chief Detective rank was awarded basically to those with a perfect score... guessed correctly and all clues turned in to Thorpe. Sleuthhound and Super Sleuth depended on what % of the clues you turned in as well as on whether you were correct in your accusation. Everyone else who guessed correctly (and didn't turn in enough evidence to qualify for a higher ranking) got Sleuth, and people who just participated got Participant.
There were 11 items that Thorpe accepted as evidence. There also weren't any fixed percentages as the overall scoring was composited. Basically, the more you showed or turned in, though, the higher your score and potential ranking.
Last edited by Marah on 20 Apr 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I'm a Super Sleuth, apparently, even though I guessed wrong (sorry Jules!). I turned almost everything in, though, and talked to the characters quite a bit if that has anything to do with anything. Maybe battle wins are a factor, too? I only took one shot at Marcel, but I beat the spiders and the first robots quite a few times.

So far I'm not big on the steamwork pets, but I'm looking forward to more. I hope the Tutani is a submarine! I just created my 20th pet a couple days ago (funded by all my sold-trinket money!) so I won't have another slot until my next Loyalty Box in September. I guess I'll be selling my Yunium key if anyone here is interested. They're currently in user shops for 30-40 mil, although I certainly hope no one is crazy enough to pay that so soon. I'm curious to see what they settle at in a few days/weeks.

Edit: People on the subeta forums are saying if you open the box of evidence, you get everything you could have turned in back, regardless of what you ACTUALLY turned in, plus a new item called the Case File. That's neat! It makes it so lots of people (myself included) have a few doubles so now there will be extras to go around. Good call, whoever decided that! The evidence items seemed very popular and now people can use them for treasures or whatever.

Did anyone here get the Chief Detective or Sleuth Hound rank? I got the Thorpe doll, box of evidence and key for being a Super Sleuth. What else was there to win?
Last edited by Ierosbats on 20 Apr 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh yeah, I'm totally glad I spent 28934732947923 hours fucking around with this stupid plot thing. Because I have the super-awesome plushie thing, and an ugly ass trophy. So, so glad I wasted all that time.

Last time I'll make that mistake. Subeta plots inevitably end up like this, creaking to an end, weeks after they should've been put out of everyone's misery, but yanno? I don't have to keep doing them.

Aside from that, I called the pets, from the moment the minion came out. Not a great feat, I realize. Except I thought they'd be nifty, and so far? Not so much. Oh well, I wasn't going to want one anyway.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm a Sleuth; I guessed right and didn't turn in any evidence. I did battle quite a lot. So I would bet that it depends on how much evidence you turned in, balanced with who you guessed.

Marah, I didn't turn in any evidence but got the box, which was full of everything, plus Thorpe's case file. Pretty cool.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Basically, the more you showed or turned in, though, the higher your score and potential ranking.
I really don't understand why this couldn't have been simply said during the plot and the ranking system based on finding all the evidence, talking with all the NPC's dancing with all the gossipers etc.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Because then we wouldn't have had to agonize over whether we wanted to turn our things in, a part that was highly enjoyable for the user, and after all, games are meant to be fun, so why deprive us of that!

I'm sure my logic is sound.

Unrelated edit: Is anyone else amused that Isaac apparently had robot-hair under his real hair?

Edit edit: "Or is it the trace amount of ore veined in the gemstones?" Gemstones do not work that way.
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

We learned a LOT from this plot -- believe me. This was the first time that we've really included users in this way, the first time we used this speech engine, the first time battling with the new BC during a plot, etc. We had a lot of things to monitor, and a lot of things to work on next plot. We're going to look at what people think went poorly, and what we can improve on.

Absolutely the ending was an issue. It should have ended a week ago, but there were a lot of things that we were trying to finish, and give people time to sort of digest what was happening (And collect trinkets)! Our formula isn't perfect, and we're trying to improve it :).
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

What do the prize items look like?

I only got the doll. Since it took long to get any one piece of evidence, I gave up.
Image Image
ImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I knew Isaac's hair was a wig that hid his robo dreads! It just screamed topee! XD

I got sleuth. I guessed right, turned in what I thought was relevant (the scribbled note, the bookend and a journal page or two journal pages, I can't remember ^-^;), talked to everyone and gave Jules a journal page because I felt bad for him. I barely battled but I read somewhere that the battling didn't count cause people were rewarded for battleing (with the drops). So I just got the box and the doll. I'm glad for evidence back. I have a double of a couple things so I am so hoarding them for the book drive!

In all I did enjoy the plot. The art was just so pretty and I loved staring at it. The characters were fun and the story was nice. I just felt it dragged on a bit long but I can see how it's hard to pace these things. You don't want to go to fast and have people miss out but go to long and people get bored. Just something to work out for the next time. And other kinks have been mention. So in all I liked the plot. And yay for new pet colour! Quiet a beauty it is too.

And yay to what Keith said. And I don't mind the extra trinkets at all! **pats hoard** I have some nice savings for next year, muha! XD Though my feet are pretty sore now.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Image Image Image
Box of evidence, case file, yunium key.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

You could also get Master Schematic Image and Pneumatic Prototype Limb Image from getting one of the higher ranks. The limb is wearable and from what a gather the schematic will give you any of the steamwork pets. I'm guessing from what I've read on the forms, I could be wrong so no quoting me.

Edit: Double checked on SubetaLodge and yes, you can use the Schematic to obtain any of the existing schematic of one of the steamwork pets.
Last edited by Alicorn on 20 Apr 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel