Atebus Revolution Masquerade

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Atebus Revolution Masquerade

Post by Huggles »

Aside from the crazy stats and abilities of these opponents in the coliseum, they don't seem to be terribly impressive inside of the story. Why would blackmoon be interested in Wall•E when they already mass produce EVE? I only care because I'm writing profiles for my endeavors and trying to reconcile the notion. He technically won the war, even though most of his army is away playing house. He's either broke from fighting a war in friggin space, or he's out of whatever chemical X he used to build his army. Perhaps that ore Marcel and Vernon mentioned? The only other thing I can think of is that he's not really as smart as he puts on and he wasn't the one who made them in the first place. That or, you know, they're really enslaved non-biological aliens.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Huggles makes smart words.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Well this sucked. I missed out on fighting Marcel since I was at work at the time and he was beat long before I got home. This is why I loathe group boss battles, unless he's made to stick around for ~24hrs or so. Arg!

Still no luck on the giant robo dino yet either. Ishka got him down to ~600hps earlier today but haven't come that close to beating him again. I think with a few more Cobalt scrolls I could manage, as I have just two. I don't want to buy any more though since it's not like I need 5 of the things laying around. *Sigh* I'm probably better off buying the stupid horns.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

AngharadTy wrote:
mellaka wrote:I've read that pets with stats in the 600s can beat him now.
That makes me feel worse. Heh. My equipment sucks. (Is Maleria not a constant challenger? I can't even try to get my own MCAB--not that I think I can beat her with my sucky equipment!)
Keith (or Aaron, I forget) had talked about removing Maleria from the BC because "pets shouldn't be able to beat a goddess" (paraphrased). Honestly, I've been battling so much less since the revamp that I hadn't even noticed her absence. Also, I've been putting off battling the harder opponents because their special loot drops are not guaranteed, and I'm hoping staff will do something about that.

And I had only gotten about 16 battles against Marcel, though I was there at the end, when he went from like 200,000 to 11k in a few minutes. My new puppy is severely limiting my online time, and my ability to spend a lot of time on any one task when I am online, which is not necessarily a bad thing :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

So, no new MCABs ever? And that was already on my "hahaha, as if" list.

One thing I'll say about the Marcel battle: It's nice that the top ten damage-dealers all got prizes. Do they do it that way for hydragellos? (I really need that battle prize, sigh.)
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Not much seems to be immune to change on Subeta, and I don't recall if it was said that she's gone for good or not.

And they didn't do it that way for the last Hydragellos. I hope they change that for the future. (Ugh I could've beaten him like 3 times ago in the old BC, but didn't come up with the right weapon combo at the time. It bugs me since I fear I'll never get that chance again, no matter how much I train my pet.)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I am tired of dancing!
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I'm tired of dancing too, and wearing a mask. I had to be a pink rashy zombie for two months and now the masks, i just want my av back );

But iguess it's ok because not everyone has been able to dance like 2000+ times like I have.

I posted this from my new iPod while in the bathroom! Technology + laziness ROCKS
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Wash your hands, and your pod!

I was checking in every few minutes, in the beginning, hoping to get in as many as I could before it was over. But I don't want anything from either of the special shops. All I wanted was for some new bags to be released for me to sell. By the time this is over though, everyone will be able to purchase at least 1 of everything. I have over 1000 trinkets even after buying crap for no reason at all.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I still have dances to dance and things to buy. But the things I want the most I have been able to buy. I wouldn't be devastated if it ended.

On a side note, I think I remember buying the menagerie bag I for 150 trinkets... Now it is 75. Did that change?
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Congratulations! You've earned the rank of Sleuth in the Masquerade Murder Mystery. Check your Inventory for prizes!

Getting Marcel right, only shown Thorpe four pieces of evidence, didn't let him keep them. :)
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

My rank is "Participant"... I was very pleased with the plot ending until I saw that. I gave Thorpe every item except the one I couldn't access after giving him the key, and all I get is a doll of Thorpe? -_- oh well. I'm pleased except for that. New pets look sweet, great ending in the comic.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I got "Participant" I believe, and an Inspector Thorpe Doll. Guessed wrong, gave him ALL the evidence. *Kicks stupid doll* Yeah, it's SO much better than the pretty key and journal pages >_<

At least the new pets are stunningly awesome.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Strange, I gave him all but one item as well, and got the highest rank. I also guessed right, though, too.

The steamwork pets look cool, but when I first saw the schematics, I was kinda hoping for mini versions of pets for our user avatars. I'm not complaining about the new pet color, though. They look awesome. Mine will be done in three days (actually, that part does bug me!)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm a "Super Sleuth" and got a doll and a box of evidence which I haven't opened. I named Marcel and gave (and let Thorpe keep) only the pieces of evidence I thought were relevant for convicting Marcel. (IIRC, it was the journal page mentioning the argument, the bookend, and the mining permit.)