Battle Quests/BC changes

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Battle Quests/BC changes

Post by Jessi »

Wings, when I feel like making quick SP, I'll blow $5 on a 500 CSC card, put it in my shop for the going rate (usually around 8 mil. Like Kamil said, CSC doesn't fluctuate much in price) and it usually sells within a few hours, a day at the very most.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Have I mentioned before how much I hate the change to the Gelatin Golem? I have two of the item it drops from beating it with two pets ages ago, and now it's "too hard" for my best pet (rank 187 today). It's crazy. Especially considering how damn easy the first two things are.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Jessibean wrote:Wings, when I feel like making quick SP, I'll blow $5 on a 500 CSC card, put it in my shop for the going rate (usually around 8 mil. Like Kamil said, CSC doesn't fluctuate much in price) and it usually sells within a few hours, a day at the very most.
Excellent. I'm all about easy sP. I'll also remember that for the next time I want a CS item but don't feel like spending real money for some reason.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It's worth noting that they changed the Gelatin Golem's stats to be less stupid! I.e., I can actually beat it with Mezz now. Phew, yay, etc.

Although, I didn't get anything special for the fifth time I beat it. Is that specific to this opponent or something they changed yet again?
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Not quite part of the BC, but the Huster's wing of the Cash Shop is currently selling Maleria's Short Sword for 250 CSC, which I'm told is a steal. I was lucky enough to have some spare CSC in my account so I grabbed one, but there are only about 130 left or so.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm still not too sure how I feel about battling (mostly because it's sooooo deadly boring), but I guess I'll buy one anyway.

Sadly, the opponent I'm stuck on is Jacques, and it's no help there. ;) I beat him three times, but four is proving difficult. Almost. It'd be easy if I had better equipment. I understand that Mezz should be able to beat Wyrmgear and the Felibot, in theory, but practice is proving impossible with my gear. And I really don't like spending money on a deadly boring activity. (I figure the sword will be good for resale at some point, if nothing else.)

Also, when I was beating various opponents with my other pets, I noticed that the fifth drop wasn't the Super Special Item of the Opponent. Did they change that yet again?
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

...to continue on with some of the recent changes.

I seem to be getting items from challengers in the easy to medium range every time I battle. I've also checked out the battle shop, where you use tokens from battles to buy items, and it's really quite sad. The whole first line of crystals are crap everyone got for nearly free early on and no one really uses to any degree because you still can't put crystals in anything but the uber weapons. Why even have easy tokens, which you can't trade up, to buy crappy items you can't even use?
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I can put crystals in my weapons, at least I did. I think all of my weapons have one modifier slot. (I'm a complete beginner, but I have been trying to understand the battledome)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

When it first started, the only weapons that could be modified were legendaries, and a couple others, I think. The rest could not be. The only weapons I have equipped are an infinite and a massaquerade, because I don't want to bother with scouring through the rest of my pets' treasure chests. The infinite shows 4, but I could have sworn it was only two before. I don't rememeber. The massaquerade, which was a special shop item for the ball, has 1.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

They might have just added 1 slot to everything. I don't have a ton in my armory, but the ones in there have at least one slot. The antihero sword I happened to have is notable for having 3. I should check the rest of those forged swords someday. Sack of crystalline shards has 4. That's not bad. =)
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Well crap, now I want to go and see how many my blackheart blade, mysterious maple katana, and potion of the robot have. I won't, because that would mean taking them out of treasures, putting them in the armory, and then viewing them from the modification page. That's not like, info I would want to show up in the item description anywhere or anything. Can you still not use weapons in your treasures, and do the crystals disappear when you move them into and out of the armory instead of from account to account?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Blackheart blade has 1. I know because I have one. It's possible that the people who run subetalodge have the slots recorded for the others, too. I would check but I have to go pick out a birthday cake yayyyy (that is the best excuse ever).
Image Image
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

AngharadTy wrote:The antihero sword I happened to have is notable for having 3. I should check the rest of those forged swords someday.
I have most of the "finished" forged swords (Descimatii is the only one I don't have, I *think* ), and your post made me curious. So, I looked in my armory.

Fairy Lance, Shear Sword, Lords Sabre, and Wolfslayer all have 3 slots. Which I didn't know until now...I thought they had only one, like the rest of the weapons. That's pretty cool, I hope that's permanent.

(And happy birthday ^^ )
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

From the forums:
Types of weapons that can be modified - each socket is a slot for a crystal
All weapons have at least one modification socket. Some of the higher end weapons have multiple sockets for added effects:
Legendary Weapons (except Shinigami, Balrog, Icekiss, Avarice and Ametsuchi): 2 Sockets
Legendary Combination Weapons: 4 Sockets
God Weapons: 4 sockets
Genetech Laboratory Combo Weapons: 3 sockets

Weapons that don't fit into the above categories
Ametsuchi: 3 Sockets
Avarice: 3 Sockets
Balrog: 3 Sockets
Icekiss: 3 Sockets
Malerias Clawed Glove: 2 Sockets
Malerias Cursed Arm Bangle: 3 Sockets
Shinigami: 3 Sockets
Shinwas Strength Bracelet: 6 Sockets (Is this weapon still being tested??)
Swashbuckle: 4 Sockets
I simply copied, does that help?

And congrats AngharadTy, I hope the cake tastes good!