Token giveaway in Free Shop

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Token giveaway in Free Shop

Post by Wingsrising »

There appears to be a wizard token giveaway going on in the free shop. Mostly 1 point tokens, but I thought I'd give a heads-up.
Ierosbats

Re: Token giveaway in Free Shop

Post by Ierosbats »

There's stuff other than tokens being given away, too. I just got a Calvin Blackmoon Plushie. Kind of a random time for a giveaway, especially so soon after the big cash shop sale, but I'm definitely not complaining! Maybe it's just to help kill some time between holidays.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Yeah, I got a Bear Plushie and a 50 point token. That's all so far, though -- I seem to keep missing the boxes. They're going quickly!
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I always feel weird when the staff says "delete or freeze." It feels too dictator-y or me... :-\
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Bacon wrote:I always feel weird when the staff says "delete or freeze." It feels too dictator-y or me... :-\
Well, what would you want the alternative to be? The vast majority of users understand that some items are NPC-only, and if one or two people managed to get them through a glitch and tried to sell them or even show them off in a gallery, that's inherently unfair. There's nothing "dictator-y" about having your players follow a few simple rules on site. :|

I think it was nice that the downtime screen even told us specifically what rarities are glitched items that shouldn't have been given out. People really have no excuse if they decide to sell an item that they can't find in any trade, shop, or through a forum search at this point.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Ditto Tiki. I'm glad they were so imformative about it all instead of keeping people in the dark.

Now I must say I'm happy to be having a free shop event! I just enjoy these so much. Though who wouldn't enjoy free things. XD I like that they've thrown a mixture of things in there too. I just got a subetique item! :D
I always like the surprise of what you're going to get. But boy is that stuff going fast. Also the restock times are random. There was once I sat there, checking the site for 13 minutes. Then I get up to do one quick things, check and I just missed the restock. Should of saw that coming. ^-^; Oh well!
Good luck to everyone on snatching some items you want!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

True, it is unfair, and since they made a news post explain the situation, freezing should be necessary now.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I wish they had been more explicit that it wasn't ONLY uber-rare, NPC-only items that should be considered in error. If I hadn't read the comments -- which I don't usually do -- I wouldn't have realized that the Humming Power Crystal I got was one of the erroneous items.

It appears to have been deleted now.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Wait, we were supposed to delete those. I ALMOST put those in my shop... wow I almost got screwed1
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm pretty sure the humming power crystals were given away in the free shop before. But they weren't specified as being all right, but... pretty sure I got some last time.
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Well, my Humming Power Crystal appears to have been deleted. :shrug:

I doubt they're freezing anyone over Humming Power Crystals. (As well they shouldn't... it was their mistake, after all!)
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I do have to agree about the HPCs. I only grabbed one, and happened to vault it instead of putting it in my bank, which would have been a slight PITA to replace and then delete. :| Oh well.

On the bright side, did anyone get anything of value? I only managed to grab around 250 tokens before all the random items were thrown in, at which point I got nothing but 100 sP wardrobe items. XD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got a few rare items, though nothing really noteworthy, the highest being worth a little over a mill. I find it sort of amusing that this was supposed to be mainly a token giveaway and I got a grand total of 2 one point tokens :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I didn't get to take part in the giveaway until the crappy wardrobe items were thrown in. But I got twice as many tokens as you, Seerow! Hahahaha what a take!
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I think I might have grabbed a 5 point token! woohoo win1!!1! But I mostly got relatively cheap items, but many of them I hadn't seen before and they were pretty so I am happy.