Omen Islands Festival 2010

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Bacon

Omen Islands Festival 2010

Post by Bacon »

This should be starting in a few days. What do you think will happen this year in relation to last year's events?
Pyrostatic

Re: Omen Isnlands Festival 2010

Post by Pyrostatic »

As long as it doesn't delay Morostide again...
But I don't even remember what happened last year. Didn't a girl get dragged into the depths of Merana's hell? Or something?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yup, and all the users got pissed because they couldn't actually afford to buy anything in the point shops.

Here's hoping we all get another stab at some of those pretty Islander items...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

And hey, let's not forget the users who are still pissed that they threw a flower and should have psychically known it would renounce all allegiance to the islanders. Yeah, there's no way I'm still pissed at that, or the unspent points I wasted doing so. There's certainly no way I've never given money to the site since then. Or brought it up here at every slightly related moment. Yup.

I mean, uhh... looking forward to it! Though the idea of things starting on time on Subeta is a wee bit amusing. ;P
Image Image
Wingsrising

Re: Omen Islands Festival 2010

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, that too. :-)

Did someone actually say on the site that this is happening again this year?

(On an unrelated note: has anyone heard anything about a possible reading drive yet?)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm not 100% sure we'll be 'invited' to the Omen Island festival again, heh - last year the guy whose name I can't remember said he regretted ever inviting outsiders and it would never happen again. Or something similar. I honestly didn't expect to be getting it again, so I haven't thought about it much xD
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I just hate remembering how close I came to getting a god weapon (about 5k points away). First and last time probably. Ugh.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I searched the forum and didn't see anything about the festival coming back? I've been expecting the book drive, though.
Teera

Post by Teera »

As long as it doesn't delay Morostide again...
It didn't delay Morostide last year. It ended the 19th of September, or thereabouts. Morostide doesn't usually start until a week into October.

Either way, the Islanders felt it was a mistake to invite outsiders, so I don't think they'll be doing that again.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, that's not fair. I can't ever even hope to get my islander status back? This sucks on top of a pile of suck that has never gotten smaller. =(
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I had sort of assumed that it was going to be a one-time only thing, but...

...if it's going to be the case that throwing the damn flower means that you can't participate in the event in the future, that's REALLY not cool.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, not all the outsiders were against them! Some helped! I helped!

Although I don't imagine they'd actually put on an event for only a small subsection of the population. Not because it's not fair--I mean, it's incredibly not fair, but that's not the reason it wouldn't get done. (Subeta has proven so many times how not fair it can be. Flower!!) But that'd be too much effort for way too little return.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

AngharadTy wrote:Well, that's not fair. I can't ever even hope to get my islander status back? This sucks on top of a pile of suck that has never gotten smaller. =(
No, it really, really hasn't. The ending of that was handled so very, very poorly. Starting with the whole "The prize shop is open now!!!! But hurry!!!! Because it'll only be open for a teeny, weeny while! So hurryhurryhurry!!1!1

"No, of course we won't say how long; that would be telling."

So, everyone scrambled to decide how to spend points on extremely high-priced items, afraid that the magical window of opportunity would close and the points would remain forever wasted.

Who knew that tossing a damn FLOWER IN THE WATER WOULD DO IT INSTEAD. *SMASH*

I will never get over that.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

"Flower in the water?" I don't really have any recollection of that, what was it again? xD;;

An upcoming Omen Islands Festival would explain the sorta-quiet news status, though. I've been on my seat for the past few days expecting something because of how short the news posts have been compared to past weeks.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

After Amy got killed as a sacrifice, the war was effectively over, and the pirate area opened up. You couldn't get in if you were an islander. There was a free gift that was a flower that had a "toss in water" option. I was like "oh, what's that do" and clicked it. Then I was no longer an islander. Turns out that throwing the flower was grieving somehow, and a way to atone for mistakenly helping Amy to get killed. And also bullshit, because I never liked her and was happy she died.

There was just no way to guess, from the item itself, that "toss flower" would lead to "renounce all claims of loyalty." It wasn't even clear what it had done after throwing the flower. I only found out what it meant when I came here and saw "ohshit! I'm not an islander!!" from people (probably Kamil).

The one time I don't come to NC first! Well, I learned my lesson. And I also learned that I can never trust Subeta.
Image Image