Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

Post by Huggles »

I think perhaps future avatar posts should go in the avatar thread. Mine can stay though. Don't worry, I'm a doctor.

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I got 60 points yesterday--and I'm talking between work, in a moment here and there, no big deal. I'm actually trying for it today and have missed every single thing over r45. I am good at restocking; not top 20 good, I guess, but I click fast, I type fast, and I don't pause to do math in my head. And yet. Piles of four items are disappearing from under me. It's almost enough to make me miss the captchas (although I find it hard to actually miss them, given how many items I've lost because I had to refresh the image when the word was almost entirely off the screen).

It's a bit wacky, how many people are restocking right now. Painfully wacky. I hope they introduce this mysterious other way to earn points soon.
Image Image
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

At this time, I personally don't plan to participate in the Restock War because I completely and utterly suck at restocking. Also because I kinda sorta don't really log into my Subeta account much anymore. But, I have to know:

Will Nico's art in the shop get a makeover after the Restock War's over? No offense to the original artist, but I always thought that his eyes and that pointy unven smile was kind of creepy. His art in the news, however, makes him look better. In fact I'd even go so far as to say he looks cute now. :oops:

(not enough to make me join his team and try restocking though)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I think I give up on restocking when America is awake. I was never good at it, but jeeez, that goes fast.
I will try to get some points during my day, I just got 4x2 new ones. Obviously I need to try harder:
Manwar has 59 average points
You earned 56 points for Manwar
The least I want to do is have more points than average.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

You earned 55 points for Manwar.

Heeee. I am actually rather proud of my 55 points. I don't actively restock in any way and last night managed to climb from a measly 0 after a couple of depressing days in the Graveyard Shop (which I have quite happily abandoned) to above Manwar's average! With the way things were going this, it seemed impossible. And... I think Manwar is pretty cute. At least, he's one of my favourite shop NPCs. :)
Subeta: Thomas
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Good god, the high score table is verging on ridiculous. :C I was proud of my 700 points, now... not so much:

Also, ROFL/WTF/I don't even know:
Spoiler: open/close
You chose a team just after midnight on Tuesday, and you have 4,600 points within 36 hours (that is 127 points an hour with no sleep) and you're suspicious of the OTHER guy?!

I'm suspicious of ALL OF YOU. >:| HOW DO YOU DO IT.
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

Sorry to double post, but I'm kinda starting to really worry about the high scores. :( For any of you that participated in past wars, were the prizes scaled to match the high score table, or did they seem to be set prior to seeing how much people scored? I'm at about 1050 points which seems fine on it's own, except I'm at only 1/3rd the score on the lowest part of the table. If a typical user is meant to get maybe 5 or 6 prizes, they could be as much as 500 points each according to the best players.

Either way, I'm hoping to get to maybe 2500 by the time the event is over. Keith stated in the news comments recently (if you missed it) that the event is set to last until the end of the month, so I would not be surprised to see the high score table reach 30k points, LOL. Hopefully people start to get burned out and slow down soon.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Last year was a huge tangle. The prizes were ridiculously priced, simply terrible. I assume it was based on the leaderboards. After an outcry of "wtf are you all on" from the users, they added some cheaper prizes to the prize shops. But the damage, such as it is, was already done. There are so many, many prizes that I still want but can never have. (Even more so because my unspent islander points got tossed out of the window when I tossed a flower, of course.)
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, if this is going to work anything like the last RS war, there's really no point in my participating... all the good prizes were so insanely expensive they were out of reach of anyone but the top few people. (You couldn't even buy them for sP).
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*points up* What Wings and Ty said. Thankfully for my sanity, I didn't participate last year either, but I'd planned to buy the pretty stuff for sp. Not so much, as it turned out.

I joined a team this year, and I may try and get a single point, so as to have some sort of trophy, but that's where my interest begins and ends. I'm sure anything worth owning will be extremely expensive, and there will probably be a double whammy, where if you get your ability to revisit the pirates back, you lose your restock war points.

Hey, it was funny the first time.

If you weren't the person it happened to. No, I'm never ever getting over that.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Gaaah! You know, I thought I was doing well, because I didn't have 0 points. And I even managed to stay above my teams average and now it is weekend and the scores are going up so fast! I'll never keep up.

I should probably find a larger shop to restock, but maybe I will simply give up to keep up.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I haven't rsed a single thing. I don't have the patience. Keith keeps saying there will be other ways to earn points, but... when? Isn't this thing over in 10 days?
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

Wellllll, F.

At least all of you will be able to sit back with the knowledge that you enjoyed the real world at the end of the month, whereas I've spent hours and hours fighting my way to 1000 points. :C I hope I can get SOMETHING worthwhile after all this.

*thinks of all the unobtainable Islander/Pirate minions*

Yeah, now I'm not as thrilled anymore.

Edit:

Also, are you serious? Team Nico has to hunt after a SUPER RARE item today to get bonus points (after having to hunt down a brand new item yesterday), while Team Manwar originally had a Very Common and now a Mundane item.

Rage is building.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, don't go to the subeta forums looking to defuse that rage; you'll just get a dismissive all-caps post from Keith, and the assurance that yes, these items are hand-picked. Just trust that they'll even out over time.

When it comes to RS wars, I don't trust the staff at all. I bet you can't guess why!
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Yeah, the stealing items are pissing me off. Keith can say that he's making it more fair all he wants, but all I see is the gap between the teams increasing even further. Actions speak louder then words, and Keith has never been one to instill any trust in his judgment.

Meh, at least increasing the stock rate was useful.