Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Re: Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

Post by Tiki »

bonecrivain wrote:My wrist hurts from hitting the space bar so much, which is my main complaint about the Omen Raiders game so far. Well, that and the fact that I can't figure out if there's an option to pause.

I got a score of 7820 and 2 restock war points. That does seem like a lot of effort for very few points, but since I'm terrible at restocking, this will be the best way for me to build up my total a little. And it is exciting to see an actual (sort of fun) game being added to the site -- games are something that have always been sorely lacking on Subeta, so I'm hoping that I'll get a chance to play the new card game, too, once this war ends.
The 2 points per game thing is just temporary until Keith can calculate what an average score is for both games. I'm sure the ratio will be much improved, although it probably still won't quite compare to the hourly points a good restocker can get. :D Also, quit tapping that spacebar and killing your wrist! Holding it down accomplishes the same goal.

Inching my way toward 4,000 points! There has been nobody in my shop this afternoon for reasons that are beyond me, so I have been rampaging like a maniac. Now that 95% of my stupid graduate work is done I can dedicate a whole day to Subeta-ing on Thursday. I think I'm aiming for at least 8000 total points now; at that point, if a bunch of crap in the prize shop is beyond my range, then so be it.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I wonder if this calculation on the average score is based on the average score people are actually scoring, or the average score people are sending. Because those are two very different creatures. People won't be likely to send a score that won't get restock points, once they figure out that threshold.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

They changed the amount of points you can get for the games, I got 3 and then 4 for a game of Maze and Mahar. On the boards, people have had scores as high as 13 or 27 (for M&M) not quite sure wether it is how fast you beat your opponent (I had a pretty good game) or how many games you played already.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Cool, I saw and voted for Seerow's HA - the first one I recognized from NC.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Marah wrote:They changed the amount of points you can get for the games, I got 3 and then 4 for a game of Maze and Mahar. On the boards, people have had scores as high as 13 or 27 (for M&M) not quite sure wether it is how fast you beat your opponent (I had a pretty good game) or how many games you played already.
I just got 30. I have to say, I would still play it if we got only one point - it's the most fun I have ever had with a game on Subeta! I could do it all day. And I agree, the artwork is stunning!

And somehow I have my Pirate status back! :D
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Great job! You gained 2 points for our team this game! Play again so those video gamers can see what they're missing some more!

:c Damn. I just cleared the game in 7 minutes and got only 2 - compared to the 14 I earned earlier for 14 minutes. Hmmmm...
Subeta: Thomas
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I got 11 points for my game but didn't pay attention to the time it took. Didn't get through a whole deck of cards but came close.

Edit: And I got to vote for Wingsrising's HA too. It's nice seeing ones I recognize. =)
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Woo, I got 20 points for the game :O
Image Image
ImageImage
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

I can get 20 points pretty consistently with Omen Raiders (I think it's 10k+ that gets that score?), but it takes around 15 minutes to complete. I think in the same amount of time restocking I could make at least double that.

Still, it's a great option during the midday when there is too much competition in the shops! I'm really glad they implemented this option.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm glad for the adjusted point reward. It makes Omen Raiders a viable way to earn restock points, finally. However, I still hate this game, aside from the lovely art. It is extremely unpleasant to play because it is so deadly boring. If there were powerups or skills or extra challenges or a pause button or anything aside from "hold down space, aim self, sigh, wait, sigh, wait, sigh, wait," maybe I could enjoy it. But all it does is get "a little bit faster and a little bit worse" every level. Same boring formation, same boring strategy, same same boring boring gah. I wish it had been a match 3 game. I would have played that for hours and hours and hours. I will never play this game again after the RS war is over.

Okay. That's out of my system. I probably don't need to rant about the game any more.
Image Image
Marah

Post by Marah »

I really hope at some point M&M gets an expansion set, it is fun but I already want more cards and options!

I also got to vote for Wingsrisings avatar today :) a lot of avatars are repeated though, surely there enough entries to show me new ones!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yay! So at least I got two votes. :-)

I don't think I've seen anyone from NC yet in the voting, but I haven't been on the computer as much as usual this week. (First week of classes... ack!)
Marah

Post by Marah »

Apparently speed has nothing to do with the amount of points you get for M&M, it is either the amount of guardians you kill or how many cards you play. I've been focussing on killing guardians and got 30 points. The game does take much longer that way, but it is a nice change from restocking. (It doesn't help that the only shop I can remember what to buy in is the grooming parlour, so I now have an endless supply of hair conditioners and razors. Woooo!)
Tiki

Post by Tiki »

Haha, speaking of unlimited supplies of junk...
Spoiler: open/close
I hit 6,000 points just now and I am torn between being DONE and continuing because hey, I'm over halfway to 10k! That would be a nice rank to reach.

Of course it doesn't compare to the top scores that are approaching 50,000 points. :| But through lurking on the forums and such, I've learned that the only way these people achieve this is by restocking for 12-18 hours a day. How they don't suffer from carpal tunnel and eye damage at this point is beyond me.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I really want to play M&M. I hear it's fun. No offence, but Omen Raiders is boring once you beat the first level. They're all the same, and the game requires too much patience and little skill. I find myself committing suicide just to end the game for my points!