Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Thanks for the image, Ty (and, damn it, I actually need that dragon egg for a pet's TC. :/ ).
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Looks like they snuck in a few more items this morning. A few Yuna themed clothes (yay), a Moogle minion, and a Link cap so far.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

If anyone is interested in selling their points, I need items from both the VIP and normal shops! I'm interested in buying everything from my wishlist, here. Just comment me or smail me and I'd be more than happy to buy buy buy. <3 Sadly, real life overtook and I only managed to muster up 1.1k points. Which is nice. But not nice enough.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Me, I only have 105. (Last few weeks of summer + first few weeks of semester = BUSY BUSY BUSY).

Sadly sP prices are still sky-high at the moment. :-(
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I didn't even bother joining a team this time. I only want a couple of items-

-Pearow Plushie
-Desolate Avian Skull

So if anyone has any spare points, give me a yell? /goes back to lurking
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I got the Blue Ruffled Side-Skirt (Final Fantasy X-2 reference FTW, since that game isn't very well-beloved in some circles), and the Piece of Heart and Magic Enhancer. Couldn't resist. xD And the Pokemon references! But yeah, in terms of my real life at the moment, baaad timing, lol. xD It started pretty much the day I moved back to college, and then I had band camp and my classes to deal with! I wanted to get more points! xD Not the end of the world, though. The only item I couldn't get that I wanted was the Keyblade Club. Aaaand the Serrated Seraph Wings.

I'm kinda miffed that Nico lost, though. Well, less the fact that he lost and more the fact that it was a foregone conclusion to begin with. After you saw the numbers the first few days or so, it was obvious who was going to win thanks how big Nico's team was. There really needs to be another way to do this...
Tom

Post by Tom »

To be fair, the pirates did win last time with more members - so it's not like having more members means they're instantly doomed. And I don't think keeping the statistics hidden would have been a great way of doing it either. People could just head to the forums to find out whoever is winning - though I suppose you could make it so that you had to join a side before being able to access the Epicon forum, or something. And huge numbers of people kept joining team Nico even though it was evident he was still losing. Without the statistics being shown, I'd wonder if the loss would have been even greater for him.

I don't know really, I suppose I don't understand why there was such a huge gap between them. I suppose newer players might see team Nico and see more total points, so think, 'ooh, he's winning', while more experienced (and just by generalisation, determined) players see Manwar's average points and join his side. I don't know, really. It's hard to call when last year, it was so much closer between the sides - I remember the islanders overtook the pirates the day before the event stopped. So yes. Pointless speculation. I really don't know.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I didn't join Nico's team because of winning or losing or numbers or any of that; I joined because I love video games and only enjoy tabletop games periodically. It's possible that video games are just more popular than tabletop games overall. And by that I mean "yes, that's so." ;)

But I still think not showing the statistics would have been better. How would going to the forum reveal who was winning? Counting up all the big name players...? If all those stats (number of people, total points, average points--just show the user's personal points) were completely hidden until the day of the big reveal, then at least it might be a surprise instead of a "well, duhhhh" news post at the end of the event. This way it was just frustrating.
Image Image
Tom

Post by Tom »

Ohhh right - I thought people meant only keeping things hidden until you joined the team (for some reason). Where forumers would declare that 'yay, team is winning!' and thus the problem. There's a part of me that likes knowing the average as it gave me a goal to aim for, but I would also quite like a big reveal for the element of surprise. I just want everything.

Personally, I chose team Manwar out of preference for the characters. He has such a geeky cuteness to him so. Yes. *nods*
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

....oh honestly, what the hell. I earned 616 points for team Nico, which isn't a ton, but is just about enough for the items I want. I haven't spent any of the points yet, because I haven't completely decided what I do need - and I'm waiting in case they add any additional items, like they've already done today. I went to look through the shop again just now, and I accidentally clicked on an item in the shop....which promptly sent it to my inventory and removed 25 of my RS points. I immediately submitted a ticket, asking if I could have the 25 points returned to my balance and the item removed from my inventory (or I'd be happy to delete it). mbif responded, "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't do that, bonecrivain."

Because....why? I don't want the item. I didn't mean to buy it. I had two windows open and clicked from one back to my browser...intending to click so I could SCROLL DOWN, not to buy the stupid book. There should be an "Are you sure you want to buy this item?" button.

So...warning to any of the rest of you who don't want to lose points. Be very, very careful where you click.

EDIT: Huh, Ty just tested buying an item in the shop, and she DID get a confirmation pop-up. That's incredibly weird, then. I'm positive that I only clicked once, because by the time I realized that I'd clicked on an item, instead of the edge of my screen, like I'd intended, it had already taken me to a page saying that I'd purchased it. So either I ran into some wacky glitch or...something else is going on. Ugh.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oh I'm going to have hard time choosing. I don't need too much, because I miss most of the references, but I would like some of the clothes. But if I get all the clothes I want I can't get the blue elemental. And it is so pretty. Tough decisions!

And I choose Manwar because of the tabletop games, I think I would still have chosen him even if he was loosing, I don't play videogames much. Allthough my mother dug up my old atari lynx lately. Mostly boring games, but I have fond memories of playing Bill's and Ted's excellent adventure on the backseat of my parents car with my brother on our way to vacations in France. (It was a two player game)
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

The prizes in the prize shop are so cool! I'll have no trouble using up my points here. And I like how the VIP lounge doesn't have to many more things then the prize shop. There's nothing I really want from it either other then the Black Elemental (must have for Amar). I just have to narrow down the stuff I really want. Some of the stuff I love to have is for the description alone! Oh I'm so glad I decided to aim for 1k in points. XD
As for the cosplay contest, I earned 31 points. Which surprises me, I thought I get less. My entry was so simple compared to others. I'm still alittle bummed that I didn't have the time to put more effort into it. Oh well! Always next year (hopefully, the contest was fun).

I also joined Nico's team because I love video games. I've only done table top/card games now and again. While I greatly enjoyed them, I've been playing video games a lot longer. Plus I thought Nico was cuter. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel