Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Re: Restock War - Nico vs. Manwar

Post by Tiki »

YESSSS I'm (briefly) on the high score list. <3 Of course when I get home from work tomorrow night I'll probably be in 200th place, but I screenied the moment now while it lasted.

Hope at least a few of you get to have fun with this event as well. ;D It's been such a quiet summer I would think that people would be happy to have -something- to do at all. There's been plenty of rants about it on the B&C this month, at least.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I hate this RS war because it's stupid to do Tabletop vs. Video Games. Obviously, there's going to be an unfair advantage. Every newbie and a half will pick and did seem to pick Video Games.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Bacon wrote:I hate this RS war because it's stupid to do Tabletop vs. Video Games. Obviously, there's going to be an unfair advantage. Every newbie and a half will pick and did seem to pick Video Games.

Meh, it makes the video game group the underdogs because they bring our average down. We're all having fun on the forums trying to get as many Nico teammates to 500+ as possible. Someone is even offering art to anyone who does it. :D

Also, Obliterate is a machine. I'm glad they're on our side. If only Heiress was as well...
Last edited by Tiki on 17 Aug 2010 06:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Tiki wrote:
Bacon wrote:I hate this RS war because it's stupid to do Tabletop vs. Video Games. Obviously, there's going to be an unfair advantage. Every newbie and a half will pick and did seem to pick Video Games.

Meh, it makes the video game group the underdogs because they bring our average down. We're all having fun on the forums trying to get as many Nico teammates to 500+. Someone is even offering art to anyone who does it. :D

Also, Obliterate is a machine. I'm glad they're on our side. If only Heiress was as well...
But still, at least year the Islanders and the Pirates had advantages/disadvantages and less fans of one side.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

It is rather uneven if terms of the sides! I think Keith should have made the amount of players on each time hidden until you actually joined. Hopefully it will even out over time.

And grats Tiki on being on the high score table, even if it is just for a bit! I'm happy an event is going on, as it has indeed been a rather dull summer on Subeta. I hope some of the other aspects of the event come live soon, I want to join in on the fun but I hate restocking.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm also glad we have something to do (allthough I should be studying).
Seerow, I think keeping the amount of players hidden would only make the unbalance worse, because since Manwars average is higher people might join him for that.

congrats on the list Tiki, I have 34 points and I thought that wasn't too bad. The worse part being when I'm not fast enough to restock something I actually wanted to have...
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Marah wrote: Seerow, I think keeping the amount of players hidden would only make the unbalance worse, because since Manwars average is higher people might join him for that.
The imbalance wouldn't be as bad, actually, because once the average got too high, more people would join that side and it would bring the average down. For every one good restocker, there are 10-15 bad ones!
Marah

Post by Marah »

Sorry Bacon, I'm not sure I expressed myself very clearly, but I'm also not sure I completely understand you. Do you think that even though Manwars average is better, people join team Nico because they see he has more followers?
Because since the average is visible I would expect people to start joining team Manwar simply for that reason (higher chance of being the winning team.)

I actually love looking around the forums and seeing the avatars. Doctor Who is well represented, I'm just missing Buffy! I'm just waiting for creativity to hit me to change mine, allthough I don't think I will be roleplaying.

I'm secretly hoping some of the new items released in the card shop will be related to board games, I love playing settlers of Catan! And Werewolf is also a boardgame, maybe Werewolf could get some love :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Marah wrote:I actually love looking around the forums and seeing the avatars. Doctor Who is well represented, I'm just missing Buffy! I'm just waiting for creativity to hit me to change mine, allthough I don't think I will be roleplaying.
Agreed! My avatar is currently Mercedes Thompson from the titular series by Patricia Briggs. I saw a rather great cosplay of Kratos from God of War. And yes, several Doctor Whos, which isn't a bad thing.

Image Mercy Thompson
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I havent been able to restock anything...yet. Im waiting on the other way to make points. D: since I keep missing the rarity 45+ stuff
Image Image
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm closing in on 200 points, most of it from last night but I've been rs a little from work today.

I thought about trying a Buffy, Firefly or Dr. Horrible HA but it's hard to work around zombieness. So, I wound up going with my first thought: Go Go Yubari from Kill Bill.

I only wish Subeta had a nice silver chain mace or whatever her weapon is called. I did find an image of her with a blade, so I went with that. And I hate the face paint, but needed something to hide the zombie. Might still try an Anyanka one.
Last edited by mellaka on 19 Aug 2010 02:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

What are good shops to restock in? I keep lurking in the Bits and Bytes and the Candy Shop.. D: no luck so far.
Image Image
ImageImage
Marah

Post by Marah »

Pick a shop you already know well and check on subetalodge for a list of items with rarity 45 and up.
I find it getting harder, obviously more people recognise the 45+ items, they are gone so fast.

Also I made a Rose (season 1 version, let there be no doubt about that.):

This is one simple avatar :( I tried making a River song in space suit, but I don't want to buy the space suit items just for that. Still, she looked pretty cool, I gave her a little blue book.
Maybe if I have more energy I will try a Harriet Jones MP or one of the Torchwood girls.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Marah wrote:Sorry Bacon, I'm not sure I expressed myself very clearly, but I'm also not sure I completely understand you. Do you think that even though Manwars average is better, people join team Nico because they see he has more followers?
Because since the average is visible I would expect people to start joining team Manwar simply for that reason (higher chance of being the winning team.)
Oh, i understand, but say a ton of non-restockers join Manwar because he has a higher average. Because those new people add to the member count but not to the points total since they don't restock, the average would go down.

Example:
Team Manwar has a hidden member count of 2 members and 10 points. Their average would be 5. If 8 people join and don't restock a thing, there would be 10 members and 10 points, meaning an average point count of 1.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I seem to recall from last year that people with 0 points don't affect the total. The problem is, then, all the people joining and restocking two things and thinking they've done their part. I don't know how the average points are being calculated, but it seems to me that a simple "points per person" average just won't cut it, even if you ignore the 0 point people. A more sophisticated average method would be better. But hey, I like statistics.
Image Image