Morostide 2010 (Pumpkins and Trick-or-Treating!)

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Morostide 2010 (Pumpkins and Trick-or-Treating!)

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Well, Morostide has all but officially kicked off this year. The pumpkin patch isn't open yet, and trick-or-treating won't be available until Friday, but there's a new feature this year to play around with in the meantime: pumpkin collections! Finally, those piles of carved pumpkins sitting in your vault have some sort of purpose! :P

There are 56 63 pumpkins in total right now to collect, most of them released over the past few years. The plain pumpkins are giving out ALL of the previous designs, so there's no need to run out and buy an older version of the plain pumpkins to complete your collection, but I thought it might be easier if we set up a trading system to swap pumpkins. I have a whole slew of them in my vault and I'd love to hand them off to people who actually need them. Edit: Ty introduced me to this nifty Wishlist search feature, so I'll be distributing my spare pumpkins that way.

Trick or Treating List

It's that time again! If you want to be added to the OP please post your ToT URL in the thread or PM it to me. I'll put the list in alphabetical order.

[*] 11th
[*] Alicorn
[*] adi_gallia
[*] AngharadTy
[*] Bacon
[*] Bonecrivain
[*] Cranberry
[*] Cyro
[*] fluffy_emo_wolf
[*] Elzaim
[*] Goldenchaos
[*] Gumdrops
[*] Ierosbats
[*] Jessibean
[*] Joey
[*] Kamil
[*] Kari
[*] Marah
[*] Mellaka
[*] moonsyne
[*] Officer 1BDI
[*] Rakumel
[*] Seerow
[*] shaelyn76
[*] Sunwolf
[*] Talexia
[*] TCStarwind
[*] Tom
[*] Wingsrising
[*] ZomgethMew
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 27 Oct 2010 01:27 am, edited 21 times in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Morostide 2010 (Pumpkin Collections!)

Post by AngharadTy »

Do you get anything for the collection? I assume probably achievements....

The kinda frustrating thing for me is that because they've been completely useless items, I was using them to feed my pets. =P So I've run out of some of the styles.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Right now the only award just seems to be achievements; you get the forum title "Pumpkin King" if you collect them all. Aside from that and the occasional Asmodeous lab recipe, the pumpkins don't seem to have a purpose right now.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay for pumpkins! I always enjoy finding and carving them. I have a bunch just rotting away in my vault too so I was able to fill my collection up some already. I have to say I quiet like the collection edition. Gives you something to do with them. They also have some new designs to go with this year. I'm really loving the way they animated the flame, very pretty. a lot better then their earlier ones.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Oooh, collections! I have a complete set of the old ones in my pumpkin gallery, but I don't want to dip into that. While there are bunch I have that aren't able to be collected yet, the only one I need that isn't new is the Antlephore Carved Pumpkin. I have a large pool of oldies to trade from, I stuck them all in a shop for easy access: http://www.subeta.net/ushop.php?shopid= ... cat=330526
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

My impression is that they forgot that there are carved pumpkins that don't have the word "carved" in the name. Tsk.
Have your pets eat 100 carved pumpkins!
0/100
Seriously? All year. And now starting at zero. Grarrrrgh.
Delete 1,000 Plain Pumpkins by hand! Using quickstock will not work!
0/1,000
Oh god that sounds thrilling! Can I!
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oh oh! Me first! I love pointless clicking! It is my most favorite thing ever to do and it is certainly a worthwhile achievement. I cannot wait for the achievement you get for logging in and logging out of your account 75 times in one hour. That shall be most exciting!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Ok, I was bored so I carved a bunch of spare pumpkins (Pumpkin for Carving gives the same as Plain Pumpkins, FYI) and completed the collection along with adding the 12 new ones to the gallery. Now I have a user-title I like, for once! I was always the Pumpkin King though :D

So anyway, I have many spares, and I shall trade them for Plain Pumpkins!
Kari

Post by Kari »

Meh, now I wish I hadn't sold/gotten rid of all the pumpkins I had in the last valut cleanout I did. I've only got two left and they're in a gallery, so I'm not taking them out.

Those two achievements Ty posted look horrible, good thing I'm not really that interested.
derp
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Hee, another thing I'm not interested in! Sort of; my pet .Deva.'s treasure is pumpkin-themed (thought half of them are in my gallery~), so I'm hoping they'll release some more pumpkins this year :3.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Something to do with the pumpkin you get? Whoo! Unfortunately, I seem to have gotten rid of all the ones I had from last year. Somehow. I don't remember selling/deleting them at all. :/ And I'm not sure anyone would have bought them. So, I only have 2 in my collection. Feel free to throw extras at me. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

They made more of the carved pumpkins collectible, so now I'm not sure which ones I'm missing. But it's good they added them. Is that it now? (Joey, I'm looking in your direction....)
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ty, the following pumpkins were added! They're all old 2007-2008 carvable pumpkins!

Kumos Pumpkin
Sheeta Pumpkin
Torrent Pumpkin
Whistling Pumpkin
Kanis Pumpkin
Feli Pumpkin
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I have a full collection again, and tried to put my extras in shops, but quick stock is buggy and ate them :(

EDIT: Never mind, I got them back! Man the ticket system is fast, I've never had to use it before. Anyway, let me know if you guys need any of my bountiful pumpkins!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I started out with something like 48 of the needed pumpkins as duplicates in my gallery and was able to carve all but 3 of the needed ones within these first few days. I broke down and bought the last 3 though, and it cost me about 100k.

I've always saved all my pumpkins - the recycle beast has asked for them before. I think there were only about 3 that I had in my gallery with no extras for the collection.

Out of my 200 or so saved plain pumpkins 5 became carved ones with the rest becoming fresh. I'm glad it's not too many that aren't usable for that dumb achievement that, yes, I'll probably try to get.

Edit: Oh are there any tips about how often you can feed your pet? I know there are tricks on Neo to make things like this go faster, but never paid attention to pet feeding here. All my pets but one are in the resort, so it's slow going so far.