Morostide 2010 (Pumpkins and Trick-or-Treating!)

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Morostide 2010 (Pumpkins and Trick-or-Treating!)

Post by AngharadTy »

I can't tell you how many times I've wondered why the hell I train/battle. Battling is boring as hell, and I keep at it so that I can... battle more? Insane.

If they wanted something harder this year than the Nightlady was last year, why not make another harder boss. Why make everything harder all around. That's just a dick move.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I haven't been paying the least bit of attention to Subeta, let alone their coliseum, over the past couple months. But, did they recently reset all the battles for each opponent. The site is too laggy for me to bother trying to battle any of the old opponents, but they all now show 0 wins and 0 losses. Is this a glitch or something they do regularly?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I believe it was reset within the past month or so for reasons I'm not sure of (maybe the introduction of the talent points), because my opponents were cleared too and I was finally able to get a Slush from Mama Mush after it glitched on me the first time. I don't believe it's something they do regularly, but rather something that happens whenever the coliseum gets a significant upgrade.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I sometimes wonder why I keep at it myself, especially since I train the hell out of every pet I own. Maigrey has level stats that are about to top 1400, and yet I don't think I'll be able to beat her this year, even though I could do so last year.

I know I don't have great weapons, but damn. Having to spend upwards of 200 million -- per weapon!! -- to have a good set? What the fuck?

Yes, there are people who have that much and want to have stuff geared around their needs. Okay, fine. But when those folks are the ones who get the nifty prizes and all the cool things? Be prepared for those few to be the only ones left who give a shit. Everyone else will decide it's not worth the bother and will go find something to do for fun that feels less like banging one's head against a brick wall.

In less annoying news, I've managed to beat Carrion Lord five times (which you have to do now, to get the special item drop) with Maigrey and Leftwing both. Maigrey easily, Leftwing fairly so, although I wasn't paying attention once and did lose. And Chaffee has beaten him four times, and I think I can get the fifth, though it is by no means a sure thing. Hopefully I can get him that last time though, as he drops a Death Tome, and I want another. =D

I'd like to get it done though, so I can beat him five more times with Maigrey. He drops death amulets from time to time, and I'd like to have more of those as well. If I can get one or two more, I'll be tempted to try for that achievement again.

Although those sorts of avatars/achievements usually hate me and enjoy mocking my pain, so maybe not.

*pokes critical hit mod* Work, damn you. >.<

Edit: Yay! =D
You Won!

You have defeated Carrion Lord 5 times!

Carrion Lord drops:

Tome of Death
Aura of Mortal Terror

Chaffee earned 329 EXP Points!

You earned 3281 sP for beating Carrion Lord !
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I will never understand why they're so dead-set against people getting the prize drop the first time they beat an opponent. Too easy? I can't buy that, especially on more difficult opponents and/or opponents that are around for a limited time. That's still time and sP spent training and more sP spent on weapons, and books to read to increase intelligence in order to use scrolls, which are bought with still more sP. It's not like a giveaway.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Officer 1BDI wrote:I believe it was reset within the past month or so for reasons I'm not sure of (maybe the introduction of the talent points), because my opponents were cleared too and I was finally able to get a Slush from Mama Mush after it glitched on me the first time. I don't believe it's something they do regularly, but rather something that happens whenever the coliseum gets a significant upgrade.
What are talent points? Is that something I'm ignoring that I shouldn't be?

Morostide is kind of over... except the costume voting is still going, so not completely over. I miss trick-or-treating already, but I don't miss hexes, heh.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

None of my pets are battle-trained, so there's a whole bunch of achievements I've marked down to never getting. And hearing things like this really don't make me want to train my pets any. :<

Anyway, I'm so depressed from TOTing. Most of the stuff I got was from several years past. I ended up buying a lot of things. :( And I want to thank everyone who sent me batty things! You guys are the only thing that got me the complete collection. So thank you, thank you, thank you very much! :D

Also, I'm still looking for a few things. Most importantly, the black and blue possessed contacts. I'm also looking for the cotton candy leg warmers, severed monster hand, and most of the ghost animal stickers. If anyone has extras they want to trade or sell, come to me. :D 95% of the items I have are in trades, otherwise, I have some sP but not terribly much (I'm going to start questing again to rectify this). Otherwise, if anyone sees anything they want in my trades, just tell me and I'll send it over. They'll just end up rotting in my shop anyways. Some peeps get first dibs, though.

Yeah, why can we still vote again? I'm in favor of using points we got from voting to get ToT/Patch items we missed out on. Though I doubt I got many points.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I'm glad Morostide's over now. Those've you with a life may not have been so fortunate, but I did a hella ton of refreshing this month. Can't remember but I got at least 3 Kawls, 2 Snowflaiks, 3 Oowels, 2 Jakyls. Time=money, of which I have none in real life, so there's nothing to be envious of :P

I'm anxious for the contest conclusion so I can see how many votes I didn't get!

Also, if there's anything you guys missed but need, it'd be good to mention it. I tossed everything under 30kish into my hoarder achievement gallery.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Can't remember but I got at least 3 Kawls, 2 Snowflaiks, 3 Oowels, 2 Jakyls
How do you do that?! I didn't manage to find any of those special minions. I do not even want to know how much time you spent on subeta the past month :D I mostly got candy and pumpkin figurines.

I got some nice stuf, bought a few tattoo sheets and got hexed... a lot! But I liked it, we don't celebrate halloween or trick or treat in this part of the world. I just wish some of these chocolates would have been actual chocolates sometimes. Other than that I got my egg and TP achievements and hope I helped some people get theirs. ( ZomgethMew, I didn't read your post in time to specifically target you, maybe next year?) Now I'm looking forward to the costume contest entries.
what was everybodies opinion on the new set up?(vote best out of two) I'm not sure I liked it. I was happy when they gave us the "skip" button, but I think a "both are great" button would have been nice as well. But mostly I liked looking at the avatars, and with this system you just see fewer of those.

If there are people who want to do a album sticker swap with some of the halloween stickers they have collected, let me know!
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

I take it there won't be any new/revamped Bloodred, Nightmare and Graveyard pets? That's kind of disappointing for those who play. =(
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Damn, Cyro. I guess you're the one with all the minion luck. I didn't even find one (never have, and I was swamped with midterms work so that cut down on my online time). Would you happen to be interested in selling some?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I wasn't overly fond of Morostide this year either. It seems like 75% of the stuff I got was old items, of which I already had. I spent so much sp buying the items I wanted this year from the activities and I'm a rather angry about that. Usually I have to buy a few of the rarer items and I'm fine with that, but when I have to buy nearly every new item something is wrong with the system. I bought that minion nip (thank you video offers) but didn't get a single minion from the Pumpkin Patch. I tried both wearing it and just having it in my inv and nothing ever came of it.

The Talent Points are something Keith never mentioned in the news, of course. You can get to them by clicking here but other then the direct link I have no idea how one is to find it. You only get one point for every 100lvls your pet is, so don't expect to be using it all that often really. I can't understand why Keith would add some pretty significant like this to try and entice more people to battle, then not mention it anywhere other then in the battle thread. Makes no sense! Neither does raising the stats on the spider lady. Like many others here, I could beat her last year but didn't even attempt this year since none of you can beat her I know Ishka won't be able to.

*Sigh* Is it time for Christmas yet?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well hell. I read the battle forum, but hardly regularly. I had no idea talent points even existed. Then again, maybe they're in beta, because the page is kind of weird-looking. Is what I pick permanent? Mezz is level 500, so that's sweet, I can get a curse, apparently, dunno which to pick.

The one thing I was hoping about the costume contest: That not all the prizes would have bones on them. So, that's, uh... Yeah, that's another item I'll never get for my Ossuary, and... I feel awesome.... I also thought I had a really good entry (I remade my Slender Man and improved it), but I guess it wasn't Edward Scissorhands, so. ;P Actually, it's funny how many of the winners I recognize from Epicon.

edit: Also, if anyone's planning to sell their comb, maybe let me know. I need one to transform into the other item for my Ossuary. At least I can get 2/3. =\

edit of edit: I have one now! Thank you, Jessi! =D
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I'm also in the market for a comb! I didn't have internet at the time so no entry from me - which is a bit of a shame as I knew there'd be an achievement attached and was just planning to submit whatever I had on. Ah well!
Subeta: Thomas
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

AngharadTy wrote:Well hell. I read the battle forum, but hardly regularly. I had no idea talent points even existed. Then again, maybe they're in beta, because the page is kind of weird-looking. Is what I pick permanent? Mezz is level 500, so that's sweet, I can get a curse, apparently, dunno which to pick.
My understanding is that the system's still in beta, which is why I assume it hasn't been announced in the news yet. When I asked in the forum if my choices right now would be permanent, I was essentially told "no" (though I never got an answer from a coder so YMMV).

I'm actually really happy with how well I did in the costume contest, even though I got #139th place. It's a hell of a lot better than I did last time around. :P