Fireside 2010

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Fireside 2010

Post by Alicorn »

I love fireside. All the autumn and fire theme things are always so pretty. And this year they out did themselves. So many pretty items! I'm needing a lot of things.
Also this year they introduced an achievement with a layout as a prize. Once you burned 1000 items you'll get an autumn theme layout. And it's gorgeous. For those curious to see it, click here. So with the combination of the items I want and wanting that layout, I shall be clicking whenever I get a chance. XD

Also I want to give away extras I get so I'll be checking on wishlists. I just might end up putting a list of extras here as time goes on and people can let me know what they want.

The rreign sure likes to bless me. I've been blessed enough for my lifetime and then some. So I enjoy ticking him off and burning wreathed rreigns. I'm evil. :twisted:
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Fireside 2010

Post by TCStarwind »

I'd love to get that new layout; it'll probably take me a few years, though. I'm sure all the cheap burning items have been bought up already.

But I love all the new wearables this year. I need them all, especially those masks. And I think I'm going to start a collection of those HTTYD plushies. XD
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

I've been on a bit of a Subeta break since there hasn't exactly been anything for me to do. So boy am I happy to see Fireside again, it's my favorite of the holidays :3 Tons of work for me to do if I wanna get that layout and still throw some items into my gallery.

Also loving the How to Train Your Dragon items <3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I get blessed more than anything else, it seems like. Hmph. I really love some of the new items, though. Very nice.

Wow... if you fight the cursed effigy and steal its dampen, do not use! It heals for -100% if you're not a cursed effigy, I guess. Heh.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

There's a new feature now, feeding autumn dragons. Every few minutes, the dragons ask for a new item, and everyone scrambles to buy all the less expensive items from user shops. Everyone sees the same item at the same time.

I get that they didn't want to just recreate the minion feeding on the Galaxan wastelands. But this implementation is wreaking havoc on individual food prices. Very low rarity items were selling for millions. I sold a r27 item for several hundred thousand and probably could have held out for more.

Remind me not to do item hunt until this insanity is over. I really don't want to have to start over just because of... this.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

haha, I actually love feeding the dragons if only because they GET SO CUTE AND HAPPY OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM. So cute ;____; Also I just like the Farmer's Market in general, though I hope we get some new baskets. Medi likes baskets xD
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Why the hell are they giving me money in return for food? If they have money, why can't they pay for food themselves? Surely 27k is enough to buy some dragon chow. Hell, they're dragons. Why are they begging when they should be demanding food in exchange for not burninating your precious wicker baskets?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Haha I was wondering the same thing Huggles!

I fed them five times to get that achievement and lo and behold one of them followed me home! Apparently some people have fed them 100+ times without getting anything, so I hope those people get them soon. It's a bit odd that they are releasing an old DP this way, especially when they weren't that expensive to start with.

And yes Jessi, those Dragons are so freaking adorable when you feed them X_X If it was cheaper, I'd go feed them tons more!
I hope I can actually find some baskets this year, I found a grand total of one last year.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Clearly it's all a conspiracy. The dragons have been hired to look absolutely adorable in order to hoard all the food on Subeta, so when the Thanksgiving feast arrives there will be none left. And suddenly when everyone is in a panic, who should come to save the day but the Farmer's Market!
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

I was also thinking the same thing. I'm with Joey on her theory. It makes total sense. **nods**

I also thought it weird that they are putting old DPs into circulation like this. I remember buying mine when that DP was out and I didn't pay very much at all for it. But if I remember right wasn't the Snow Fairy an old DP? And now there are tons because of giving them away in the free shop. Maybe the dragon will be the minion mascot for Fireside like the Snow Fairy is for Luminare.

And the happy dragons are the cutest things ever.
I'm also hoping they have new baskets this year. They are nice and I have fun filling them.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

You know, I found a basket and went to the market. I'm thinking now that feeding it to my pet so she could battle may not have been the best of ideas.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm still waiting for the baskets to actually do something. I still have one of each basket, both full and empty, in my vault because I thought they looked pretty, but there doesn't seem to be a purpose behind them except being a basic food item/TC fodder.

And the new art for the autumn dragons is freaking adorable, but I'm not thrilled about fighting the masses just to get their proper food item in time. I did it once for the achievement and I'm afraid I'll quickly use up my Luminaire shopping money if I keep it up. :P
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Finally finished the burning achievement a little while ago. I like the autumn layout more than I thought I would, being anti-large amounts of red and orange in layouts, but it gives kind of a nice toasty feeling after a while. Now I'll start sending out my extras to people who need a boost. Feel free to mention if you'd like some!

Oh, and the farmer's market has settled down so the achievement shouldn't be too expensive to get. Lots of items level out around 20-30k or less when users have large amounts in stock. Getting a dragon to follow you home is a different story; I'm sure I gave those little hellions over 200 things before lucking out. :l
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I definitely need items to burn if anyone has extras! The username there is the same as here. I really like that layout. :)
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

I finally got the layout, phew! I was starting to get sick of burning. o.o
Now I shall be throwing burnables at NCers to help them out. ^-^ So don't be surprised if I suddenly throw stuff at you.