Luminaire 2010

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Faun

Re: Luminaire 2010

Post by Faun »

Thank you all so much. ^^ I got so many pretty items, my inventory exploded. <3
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Today's prizes~:
Spoiler: open/close
ImageGingerbread Tree

Rocking Reindeer

Aww. Cute item is cute.

Snowthanks

I love this! XD
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I freaking love that snowman. XD His expression cracked me up.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

So much love for the snowman. It went straight in my gallery. It makes me giggle every time I see it. XD

Dec 29th
Little Angel Doll
This is kinda creepy looking to me. o.O

ImageImage
Dangling Icicle Earrings
These are really pretty. I quiet like them.

Snoblow
Haha, I have a dirty mind. >_< But it's really cute. Reminds me of a tapir.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

thank you to everyone who stuffed my stocking :) I got sooooooo spoiled, it took me forever to sort through everything (not a bad thing) and I was very very excited! Again a huge thank you to everyone!!!
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Same here, Alicorn :x That doll is creeepy.

And now I can't see the Snoblow any other way XDD Hee.

edit: 30th's prizes! :D
White Chocolate Tree

Penguin Candle Holder

Barely Plushie

Man, I dunno why, but the plushie's name just seems weird to me. I'm weird like that, I guess.
editedit: Prizes for the 31st~.
Axolotl Plushie

Axolots~ <3.

Vanilla Crescents

These are so pretty.

http://images.subeta.net/items/item_bluebells.gif
Blue Bells

These are surprisingly pretty, too.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Thank you for entering the Luminaire Costume Contest! You've been given a Nontoxic Snowberry Pie for entering!
Easily the most disappointing part of the holiday. A useless pie. Yay.

aAlso my HA had barely over half approval rating. =( I wonder how many votes that actually represents. I don't suppose the count was weighted at all, statistics not being a strong suit on this site.

I saw two of the top ten, and one of them, I did not vote for, heh. Really, showing only two HAs at a time is terrible.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Some of the top ten are very pretty, others less so. I can't recall seeing any of them and I voted (or skipped) a lot. I don't think 2 is enough either and I also think a theme like this might be to specific. So many avatars were alike it wasn't funny. But in general I like the contests very much. (to add a positive note to this post.)
I got nr 229 or so, not extremely good, but also not bad. I got beat by 6 places by Talexia, we are at the same page, yay! *Waves*

And I agree about the pie, last time we got the really cool wig didn't we? I expected/hoped for a similarly pretty wearable. *pouts* I guess I'm just spoiled but damn, I have a glacier pet but that pie doesn't even fit with his treasure chest.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

My little reindeer-me finished 146th and I'm strangely proud of that! Out of almost 4000 entries, that's not terrible. Especially since I wasn't wearing one of those fancy cash shop hats, which seemed to be an unofficial requirement, eesh. I was expecting much lower, male HAs were certainly a minority in this contest (and on subeta in general). Maybe I got a few boy-sympathy votes. I always tend to keep my HAs relatively simple, but I still thought he was pretty cute!

The pie is very disappointing compared to the awesome skeleton comb hair. I think my exact reaction was "Oh, great, a pie, that's... completely useless." Although pretty much every other pet that wins the Spotlight is a baker so maybe that's not true.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I voted pretty loyally throughout the month and I don't remember seeing any of the top ten HAs among my choices. :? And my HA finished 637th, which is... meh.

Ierosbats, your HA looks wonderful. I wish I'd had a chance to vote for it.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Can we be done with the HA contests now? Cosplay for a convention event made sense, as did Halloween, but this one was stretching it and voting felt like a chore I had to do because the events kept popping up. I'm bored of them.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

To be completely honest, I entered a completely irrelevant costume just to get the prize for entering. These contests are horrible, as, like everyone else, You never see any of the good costumes. At least... I never did! I was lucky to come in the top 10 in the EpiCon costume contest, but to me that was the only one that I enjoyed...
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Ierosbats wrote:Especially since I wasn't wearing one of those fancy cash shop hats, which seemed to be an unofficial requirement, eesh.
Or the Delish Tea wig. 2 of the top 10 is wearing that wig and as you go down you see a bunch more. And I swear every other HA I voted for was wearing it.
Mine placed in the high 500s. Which I have to say with how many entries there were I'm not to disappointed. ^-^ And my HA was male though you couldn't really tell. ^-^; [off topic]It was based off my character who is a dancer and some of his dancing outfits are dresses though he doesn't seem them that way. [/off topic]

I do have to say I'm spoiled and was also disappointed to see a pie as the prize. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty pie but still, after getting a transformable wig from the Halloween contest it was a bit of a bummer. But I can use it! A pet of mine does baking as a hobby.

I have to agree that after seeing there was 3,000 plus people that put HAs in this contest, you should be able to see more then 2. There is no way you could see even half that during the voting time. Definitely since you get a lot of repeats during the voting process.
And I have to admit, as much as I enjoy the contest, voting was starting to feel like a choir. It just doesn't help that it seemed I got nothing but bad ones over and over and so had to skip a bunch.

Contest aside, I really enjoyed Luminare on Subeta! The advent gave so many pretty items. I'm just so giddy with all the nice items I got from it. And I'm enjoying hoarding a few of them as well. :3 And we got some really nice items in the Holiday shop I have to make sure I snag before they are retired. Plus some pretty Angelic pets. In all, a fun holiday. ^-^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I did horrible in this contest XD I was number 1705 in the contest, far below the places of my other avatars. Ohh well!

I hope voting is tweaked when the new contest comes along. I think maybe 4-6 avatars per vote would be a good amount. Not as crazy many as the first contest, but far better then just having 2 to choose from. Not that I think we need another contest anytime soon, there have been a lot of them in a pretty short amount of time.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Heh my heat miser HA came in at 3342. I know it wasn't what most people were going for, but I did put some thought into it and thought it came out OK. I wasn't surprised at the poor showing though.

I agree that there should be more to pick from on a page. I only saw one HA I recognized the whole time, and I voted a lot.