Weekend Special Quests

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Weekend Special Quests

Post by AngharadTy »

I am apparently still doing something wrong. I went with 40-50k per item for each quest, only got to even do about half a dozen quests of my 20, and made about 400k today. I got a couple rewards that seemed higher, but then I also got rewards like... 130k for 3 items. Isn't that kind of normal? Maybe barely above normal?

I made more with wiz quests last week, even discounting tokens. Maybe because I could do almost all of them. (I am still running into a lot of BS pricing--200k common items and such. Not just plushies/beanbags.)
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I was so happy to see Sagg as the next special quests. Get my two main quests out of the way in the first two weeks eh? :3 And I've done quiet well as well. Made 2 mill the first day, then just 1.3 mill the second day and today I made over 2 mill. So he seems to be finicky but that's nothing new with him for me.
I also found the amounts he gave me weird. Sometimes on 4 item quests he either give me as much as 400k or as low as 100k. But then the one item quests could range from as high as 100k to as low as 20k. So he was all over the place. I didn't really make heads or tales of it.
And I was also running into crazy common item pricing. Just made me stop and go "really?". Only thing I figure is they are commonly asked for items...maybe.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I agree that his rewards were all over the board. I made my fat profit on Friday because I took a gamble on a 4 item quest. The first 3 items were all under 5k each (score!) and then the last item was 107k. I almost just said forget it, but decided to take a chance and see how it panned out. Saggi must have really wanted that plushie, cuz my reward was just over 600k. Then he promptly turned around and screwed me without so much as a kiss on the very next quest where the single item he asked for was 61k and he gave me 22k as a reward. I wasn't really complaining at that point though since I had a nice stash from the previous quest. This came at a good time for me since I'm working on the Achievement for 5% of my account worth being in pure.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

boy did I love the Saggi quests (and I just realized he is a total hottie :P ) I made around 3.4 mil the first day, then around 3.6 mil the second day. On Sunday he was more picky about the SP he gave me so I made about 2 mil. I am not complaining. I don't make much SP as I very very rarely do quests and don't like to sell things...they either sit in my vault until I give them away.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

The time it takes for these quests to get started is kind of annoying. :x I thought I'd be smart and beat inflation and do the quests ASAP as I'm up anyway. But it seems like I'm getting standard rewards anyway. And now have wasted 8 quests for the day (yes, I am probably too optimistic/impatient...).
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The comments on the news indicate that they never work quite right straight away. That's disappointing. Last weekend's quests were disappointing, too, because Maleria always asks for black/dark/purple items, and all those inflated suddenly.

I like Quentin, but his/her quests were never worthwhile to me to start with. How much do they have to change them to make them worthwhile quests?
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

My budget went up to 100k with Maleria last week and I just about broke even in terms of pure - the items easily paid for it on top of that. She was handing out ~40k sP and super rare items as standard. I got quite a few new super rare items and a couple of nice wearables. Considering that one big item can pay for all your quests (I know I couple of people who have received potions - spectrum and reborn) if you're lucky, I usually take the risk and spend big.
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hmm, well, I only saw her asking for 500k-1m items. So maybe I gave up too easily, but I was pretty damn frustrated.
Image Image
Trith

Post by Trith »

I did okay with Maleria, I got pretty lucky with the items she was asking for. But really, I don't think I ended up earning more in sP/items than I would have on a normal day with her.

Tried one of Quentin's quests today... I spent 20K, got back ~2k and an item worth 900sP. As much as I'd like the achievements for his quests, I don't think I'll bother. I think that for now I'll just be ignoring the weekend quests until the Wiz/Saggi (and maybe Nori) come around again.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I did Quentin's and just made about 20k at most. I didn't spend more then 30k each quest. Got junk items mostly but did get a couple items I could make profit on. Maybe tonight I might get better luck with him. I'm trying my luck in hopes of getting a real nice item.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I only completed 6 of Quentin's quests just now...out of 20. The ones I passed on each asked for at least one item over 150k...That ain't happening, especially with Quentin. The one quest I decided to take a chance on asked for a single item that was 59k. I figured I' d give it a go what with the "increased prizes". Much to my chagrin, I got 6k and an item worth roughly 1.5k as a reward. If this is Quentin with increased rewards, I now know why I never do his/her/its quests on a regular day. Totally was not worth it imo.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image