Weekend Special Quests

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Bacon

Weekend Special Quests

Post by Bacon »

According to the news:
Introducing Weekend Special Quests! Every friday, a random quest on the site will be chosen to be the weekend special quest! That quest will give increased sP and prizes for the entire weekend!
Right now you get a 50 point token for completing a quest. Also, the sP payouts are at least 2x as much as they were! I thought inflation was an issue. Why increase the amount of sP AND tokens? I mean, I love getting it, but it's a little weird to be increasing payoff so much!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Weekend Special Quests

Post by Officer 1BDI »

...I had not tried this yet, but Fifty Point Tokens?! Really?! :| I'd have been happy with a bump up to 20 from 15. 50 just seems excessive.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I'm pretty happy with this. I had run out of tokens and working on quests sounded... less than thrilling. Now I have a nice enough pocket to last me a little while, although I still have to quest more to get back to where I want to be. (Wish I'd been able to sign on before Subeta hit Sunday!)

It does seem like an impressive bump, 15 to 50, but hey--it's only for a weekend. And it's not going to be the wizard quests every weekend. There are a lot of quests on Subeta. Who knows when the wiz quests will take a turn being special weekend quests again? Let's not assume anything about deflation or inflation until we see the effects in a month or so. Subeta's economy might take a quick turn right now while quests are still active, but in the long term, I doubt it'll be that noticeable.

I'm kind of looking forward to what it'll be like for the other quests. I don't do many of them because I know they're generally not worth my while.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

50 point tokens were at about 125-130k before the weekend, and right now they're at about 100k. I'm surprised that isn't lower, although maybe a lot of people are stocking up while tokens are slightly cheaper.

It could also be because of the Epicon cards that went into the token shop. That timing seems pretty intentional, given that most people have been making over 1000 tokens per day. Maybe the whole purpose of starting with the Wizard was to deflate the Epicon prizes? I'm glad there wasn't a massive potion restock. Potions already inflate and deflate pretty dramatically, even without everyone suddenly being tokenrich.

I dunno. Trying to figure out Subeta's economy makes me headachey. I just know I like tokens.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I was really surprised they did that drastic of a bump as well. I expected it to go from 15pt tokens to 20 pt tokens. I am not complaining by any means that they decided to jump it right on up to 50 pt tokens. I had been running a bit low on tokens and am now sitting much more comfortably in case the Token Shop restocks or I get lucky with BHH. I only got to do today at the increased rate,and I'm sure a lot of people didn't get to take advantage of the full weekend, so i'm not too worried about inflation/deflation. I too am really curious to see how this effects other quests. There are quite a few of them that I don't even waste my time with because the payouts are just not worth it. Maybe this will help me get those quest achievements that I have been missing for a while now.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Well, I liked it. I have been questing quite a bit this weekend and I really need to do some saving. As for the tokens, I'm ready for every restock the token shop is going to have :)
I'm interested in the other weekend quests, like Shaelyn I think this will be good for my achievements!
Saggitarius will be the weekend quest in the weekend when I will be moving of course, that should be another interesting one
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I love this idea and so happy they started with the wizard. I'm also surprise the pay out was so high but also no complaints. You can never have enough tokens. :3 Also thanks to this it gets me back into doing wiz quests. I was doing them no problem before I left but have been lazy since I've returned. Now I'm back in the groove. Didn't get anything to exciting item wise but I did get a wishlist item so yay!
I'm quiet excited about this. It'll get me to try quests that I never even glanced at before. And might get me back into quests I haven't done in ages. The only quests I really try and do is Wiz and Sagg.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Marah

Post by Marah »

Saggitarius is this weekends quest. Everybody who wants to make some easy extra SP should do so now!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Whoa. That IS lucritive. I don't normally do Sagg quests so I don't know how much of an improvement this represents, but it's almost enough to make me consider activating the 1 Week GA I have kicking around my vault (I could stand to get the autopricer for a bit to clear out my shop anyway.)

How many Sagg quests do you get with the GA active?
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

You get 30. I made about 4 million from him today, I think. This is going to be a good weekend. :)
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Holy shit! The prize has most certainly increased and makes Saggi quests sooooo very worth it even when it is a four item one. I try to do Saggi quests as often as possible because if I'm careful i can make a good 300k-500k each day off of him. I have done 4 quests thus far right now, had to pass on one of those and I am already at a profit of over 300k. My bank account needed this boost.

I ended up making almost 2.75 million off my 20 quests today( and that is after canceling 4 of them due to outrageous expense) . I cannot complain one bit. If what i suspect is true, then I totally understand why Subeta is doing these special weekend quests like this. I know that with the added incentive of higher rewards, I am much more willing to buy some of the pricier items that normally would have had me quitting the quests. It gets those items off the site, possibly inspires prices to become more "true" for certain items and just gets more people questing in general. the more things they can offer to us users that we find fun and rewarding, the better.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hmm. I missed doing Friday quests, but doing Saturday quests, I'm not making all that much more than normal, probably because I'm not doing many more quests than normal; I only ever get to do about a quarter of my Saggi quests. Either I'm unlucky, or... the economy is just shifting. Given some of the things I've seen today, I think it might be the latter. Cream Bovyne Plushie is common rarity, overall average price is 22k, and it's 240k in shops right now. That strikes me as unusual. And a few other items have had similar inflations. But I don't know if it's solely due to the special Saggi quests or if it's a longer-term effect. (It's not like I track Cream Bovyne Plushies normally, heh.)
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

AngharadTy wrote:Hmm. I missed doing Friday quests, but doing Saturday quests, I'm not making all that much more than normal, probably because I'm not doing many more quests than normal; I only ever get to do about a quarter of my Saggi quests. Either I'm unlucky, or... the economy is just shifting. Given some of the things I've seen today, I think it might be the latter. Cream Bovyne Plushie is common rarity, overall average price is 22k, and it's 240k in shops right now. That strikes me as unusual. And a few other items have had similar inflations. But I don't know if it's solely due to the special Saggi quests or if it's a longer-term effect. (It's not like I track Cream Bovyne Plushies normally, heh.)
That was something I've been noticing with the plushies and beanbags...plushies more so. Both kinds of items have been ridiculously expensive over the past few months for reasons I can't grasp.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I think my winnings were roughly 1.8 - 1.6 - 1.4 mil. So a slight decline from friday to sunday, but still a very, very good weekend :)
I did do far more quests than normal. Normally I accept the quest if it is +/- 20k per item, but on these I went up to 40k per item and it usually made a profit.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I'm quite liking this addition despite not really... understanding the point, exactly. But it's still rather nice. I did all my wizard last weekend, but only managed half my Saggi this weekend - in parts due to my crazy sleep schedule meaning that, when I came around to doing them on Saturday... it had made it to Sunday on Subeta (just past 5am here...) and in parts due to the site going down just before I had to leave the house on Friday. But today I made a cool 2 million over 20 quests - I turned in items worth over 250k on some four item quests, and still made a nice profit.
Subeta: Thomas