The Gourmand!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

The Gourmand!

Post by Jessi »

So we had this conversation on my cult's forum, and I thought it would be very appropriate for Neocolours too!
You can now see what foods your pet has eaten and work toward earning The Gourmand achievement and title!
Basically, you feed your pet food and it keeps track of the food your pet's eaten, a point for each unique item. Eventually, you earn your way to achievements for making your pet eat a lot of food xD As of right now it doesn't count towards any stats and what not, it's just for fun and achievements.

So, that leads me to my real question - which pet are you using to earn your "Gormand" title? Are you just feeding your main battle pet to keep it up with the rest of their stats? Or are you feeding another pet because it matches their character!

I'm personally feeding my Fen because he's a little chubby snackhound xD Fen is a workaholic, and when he works he likes to snack, and oftentimes he doesn't notice that he's eaten an entire bag of jellybeans or bowl of chips or plate of brownies before he's done working, haha! It seemed extra fitting for him to get the Gourmand title, even though I've only been able to feed him 6 times so far xD
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: The Gourmand!

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'll mostly be feeding Albia (well, once she's out of the resort, anyway) because she's my "everything plus the kitchen sink" pet, but I'll probably feed relevant foods to Norn since I was thinking about making him some sort of foodie character anyway.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Is the food stat going to be a part of the pet rank calculation? Because that'd affect my choice a bit, I guess. Mezz slipped four places last night alone, so I'm concerned that it is part of it. (But at the same time that doesn't seem like such a huge slippage, I dunno.)

I'm irked that the books and foods in the pet stats on profiles are links. Because if I want the links to food/books to show up, I have to turn off the bit of code that turns off the "Enable Weapons Showing" link. And that link really irritates me. However, those lines are now in their own ids, so I guess I can just turn them off and call it a day.
Image Image
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Ty, there's a way to do it! Mary from Circuit helped me do it in my code, let me get it for you (will edit in a sec xD)

ETA - Okay, keeping in mind I'm really bad with code, so I THINK I'm pasting everything you need to know xD

Code: Select all

#column_3 a { display:none; }
#column_3 li a { display:inline !important; }
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Heh, explains your status Jessi and reminds me that Fen enjoys his snacks. ^-^;

I actually was wondering about this with people going for the achievement. If they just picked a random pet to feed or cause it's part of the character or what. So I'm happy to see this topic!
Anywho, my pet/character I'm using to get the achievement is .Sean.. He's a fire dragon with a hearty appetite. He eats a lot of stuff because he's a big guy and he burns it pretty quickly. Heck, even if he doesn't taste good he'll eat it as long as it's filling (as long as it smells good though, his nose is sensitive). He doesn't really taste much cause he doesn't chew his food, he just swallows it most of the time.

I'm going through my vault for food to eat before I even buy anything. Finally, I can put all that stashed away trick or treat candy to good use!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Stupid resort! When this came out I spent some time restocking some 200 unique foods. Then I realized my pet is in the resort. And that they get full on food regardless, so this is going to take for-eh-verrrr.

I'll be feeding my battle pet Yggdrasil just for orderliness, though story-wise he's just a bony old neurotic guy who probably subsists on pills. This made me realize I would like to switch Ygg with Hyral completely so she can have his stats, because she's really a beast. But that would mean 3 EHWs, an Aeanoid seed and a long stint at the zapper to get an 8001 again. Hmm... maybe I'll do it someday.
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

whoot! My pets are finally out of the resort. I'm feeding my pet Valour_Silverlok because well, he's usually ravenous! He was created and has a flaw where his energy is burned much too fast, so he needs to eat and sleep...a lot. Like most of the time. ^_^ Valour will eat almost anything...including non foodstuffs. His entire take on life is based around "can I eat that or can it eat me?"
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Well, I just fed my pet about ten items and her rank went up by almost 1000, so apparently it does effect pet rankings. that kinda irks me since I picked one of my newer pets to try for this achievement. If I would have known it was going to change their ranking, I would have most certainly picked a different pet to "feed" for the goal. As for why I picked the pet I did, I see her as a very girly pet. She collects shoes for her treasure and I had planned on only feeding her sweet foods to get to the achievement so it would stay with the all things girly theme. Originally I was only going to do chocolate items, but realized there probably aren't enough of those to get to the goal.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Shaelyn, feeding pets does NOT affect pet ranks - that's been stated a few times, even by Keith. Pets that are lower in rank, especially new pets, tend to fluctuate a lot as it is, because the ranks get kind of funny then. But feeding absolutely does NOT affect rank.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Really? The only thing I did was feed her and she went up by a nice chunk. Hmmmm. I guess it's like you said Jessi and she is just so low to begin with that her rank will fluctuate depending on other newer pets. Sorry.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I read on the forums that pets with higher stats get hungrier more quickly - making it easier to get the achievements with these pets. Out of habit, I just went for my 'everything but the kitchen sink' pet too. :P So it worked out pretty nicely.

As someone who has absolutely no interest in achievements... this one has me oddly interested. I try to feed my pet as often as possible - since the achievement has been released, I'm up to 64 different foods - without anything fed today. My pet has around 550s in str etc. How does this compare with other people? (went up to 73 just now after feeding)
Subeta: Thomas
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Tom, I think Keith also said that THAT wasn't true either, but just a rumor xD I'll have to double check - my Gourmand Liason isn't on right now, haha - but I'm almost 100% positive she asked Keith about that and he said it didn't actually affect it xD Fen, the pet I'm feeding, has totally basic stats. I feed him 1-2 times a day when I remember, but if I let him go 24 hours without eating I can get 8-10 foods fed to him.