The Great Pandemic 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: The Great Pandemic 2011

Post by Alicorn »

I'm actually not disappointed with the ending or anything. I didn't expect anything huge. I enjoyed doing all the collecting. Though I agree that Fantine could of done the news post instead of SAI, would of made more sense. Or even Skitters! I do quiet like the art though, I find it cute. ^-^
And I knew I had the kiss wrong. I just wanted so badly for the scenario that I cooked up in my head to be the right one. Fantine and Ecks would make a cute couple. o.o Yup, let my imagination run wild I did.
**coughs** Anywho, I completed almost all the steps so I'm happy with myself. I think I did better then in the Masquerade plot.

I think I'll be healing myself tonight. I've been dying to dress my HA up as a non zombie.
And I'm quiet excited about Masquerade. I just love dressing up my HA for it. :3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Just got some prizes:
Thank you for participating in the Infection 2011 event on Subeta! You've been given Fantine Doll, Skitters Doll, Faded Yearbook, Conveyor Belt, Codebreaker Glasses Hard Case, Frosted Top, Morse Stamp Kit, Zombie Heart Plushie, Leech Food, SAI Junior Agent Badge, Gen. Ecks Flyer.
Some neat wearables, and a couple books. Not too bad.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I got all of the same items, which surprised me because I skipped some of the plot "steps". But, hey, free books! :D
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

So... the ability to give the poetic kiss was not immediately available.
Those few who got the uber-prizes were just lucky to be there first.

Yay?
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

- anyone know what you had to do to get the second skin and stuff? i got it and i'm not sure what i did differently from my friends who missed it
- it was for the people who finished first
- oh huh really?
- like the first 100 or something?
- ..holy shit XD
Ugh, I HATE plots that give out prizes based on how fast you completed them. If the steps were released at the same time everyday so that everyone had an equal opportunity to try for it, I wouldn't care. But otherwise it is just one of the worst ways to distribute prizes in my book.

The prizes themselves are very neat though. I think my favorite is definitely the Morse Stamp Kit :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

You know, I wouldn't mind if it was timed per person. Say you had a plot step and the moment you started that step it kept track of how long it takes you to finish. This must mean, of course that it is a plot step that generates a different puzzle for each person, because otherwise there would be a walkthrough available allready.
I guess that is what these 25 are for, for the people who took the first guess and didn't have the boards to fall back on. I understand that, but it isn't fair to all the people who were asleep/ at work/ at school/ visiting their grandmother at the time and who simply could never be among those first.

So I agree with you Seerow, do not like. Love the rest of the prizes, still think the plot had a non ending. Maybe next year...?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I honestly... don't care too much about the first 25 getting separate prizes. Last year there was an achievement for the first people to be infected by the new diseases (in fact, it might have been ONLY the first person) - so that required the luck of being on the moment the plot started, being the first to get a floating zombie mask, and being the first to have a lucky refresh and get bitten. There were obviously quite a few people asleep/not at home/etc for that. I do agree that maybe it would have been better if the plot steps all started at the same time each day, but I honestly doubt that would have made much of a difference - because even then, someone would have been at school/asleep/at their grandmother's/whatever and missed it, heh. Like you said, Marah, it's a good prize for the first people that said "Wait let's see what this poetic kiss does" and tried it without waiting to see what the rest of the forum had to say.

I really like the prizes though, and the pastry conveyor belt is adorable xD Yay lots of potential treasure items.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I haven't been able to get online the last couple of days, so signing on to a nice fat list of prizes was a very nice surprise. What all extra stuff did the first 25 people get? I feel so far behind on stuff!

I did all the steps and was telling my husband early this last week that I really hoped there was some kind of payoff at the end like an achievement or two...the prizes far exceeded my hopes. This was a fun mini-plot and I really enjoyed being able to participate in it much more fully this year than the last two. I still fell short on a couple of the kissing achievements, but I can live with that as there is always next year.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm one of the ones who's unhappy with the way the system worked. Of course there's always going to be someone who misses out, and you can't please everyone all the time, but the way they did it is more frustrating than good. I'm not on board with it. It's impossible to come up with a solution that will please absolutely everyone, but... there are degrees.

(That said, I am aware that it could have been a lot worse--last year's masquerade conclusion still irritates me.)
Image Image
Trith

Post by Trith »

I thought the prizes were quite nice (I really like the doll wearables). I never expect to get the really great prizes, so I'm not overly disappointed in missing some of the items. Of course, the situation could have been handled better, but it's Subeta after all.

The plot was pretty anticlimatic, though. Here's hoping that the continuation next year ties up the loose ends.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I definitely wouldn't have a problem with the 'first 25' thing (though the numbers could be a bit more generous) if the poetic kiss was immediately available after finishing up with the scraps. As it was, you just had to get lucky to notice the kiss appear and commit.

Still, I'm happy with the prizes. :) There's a nice array.
Subeta: Thomas
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Late to the party I am. ^-^; Anywho, I'm quiet happy with the prizes I got. I got everything except for the stuff for kissing the baker and being the first 25 people. I don't mind the first 25 people prize thing. I quiet like what I got. And I'm happy to have an answer to a question that has been bugging me. Where did such pretty pastries come from?! Now I know. A factory. I'm quiet content now. 8D I do wonder what next year will bring with this little build up. I just hope I remember about it next year.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel