The Great Pandemic 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Re: The Great Pandemic 2011

Post by shaelyn76 »

Is anybody still working on their pastry collection? If so, I have a bunch of duplicates. send me a message and I'll send em on over to you if I have what you need. (HighlandLass over on Subeta)

EDIT: So I just looked at the achievement page to see how far i was from the pastry box ones...it says I have only opened 46 boxes! Why does it seem like I have opened many more than that in the last few days? I was shocked to see such a low number. I'm now really, really hoping that this event continues for at least the rest of this week so I have a chance of completing those achievements.

EDIT 2: well crap!! I still need quite a few kisses for achievements and apparently I need to continue being a kissing fool as well since I still have a couple of tiers of the" give a kiss" achievement to get still
Last edited by shaelyn76 on 24 Feb 2011 03:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I completed the papers easily by buying the remaining pieces. The papers stay completed whether you have the pieces in your inventory or not, so I decided to sell all my papers for like 10mil, way more than I had spent. I recommend doing that.

I don't really understand the point of this step. There should've been achievements for completing the papers. Everyone puts together the same paper that says the same thing, and people on the forums had it decoded very quickly, so there's no reason for anyone else to waste time doing it themselves. You can see it all here. It's lame emo poetry and a cryptic message.

Also, before finding that thread I had no idea who Ecks was or that she was a relevant NPC. I hate it when important information is only released on the forums because I do not foray into that shitheap unless I have to.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Anyone still want Pastry Boxes?

Ill send to whomever wants one.

xD Im still missing a whoooole mess of them. Same for the paper pieces.

But I keep getting boxes whenever I get on the site, so, Ill keep sending!
Image Image
ImageImage
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I completed both sets of papers, and so did Bon, and we just vaulted our pieces and the messages were wiped for both of us. I'm pretty sure you do have to keep all your pieces in your inventory for them to work, at least for now. Kind of annoying, I usually keep my inventory pretty neat.

I actually really liked the poem, I thought it was cute. Especially the end. Sounds like Skitters has a crush on Fantine? Adorable, and a way more creative use of secret messages than a zombie uprising. That's been done to death. </pun>
Cyro wrote:Also, before finding that thread I had no idea who Ecks was or that she was a relevant NPC. I hate it when important information is only released on the forums because I do not foray into that shitheap unless I have to.
I really, really agree with this. The number of ugly HAs, uglier forum sets, and the amount of ass-kissing towards (and condescension in return from) the "forum elite" *gag* is overwhelming. It's far and away the least appealing part of the site, and when, months (years?) ago I had to post 100 times to get into the blue building, it nearly made me quit the site. It's a shame that once every three thousand posts there's some worthwhile information, like you said. When I was checking for info on the new Pylots (because I actually do like the battle forum, it's much more useful than the other ones) I stopped by the Survival board* and saw that someone connected a few items in the Underground to the NPCs you can kiss (eg. Maybel's denture cream and minion treats, Jade's coffee beans and cup, Rumi's sticker, Joyce's handmade keychain). I don't really know what that means... but it's interesting! A thiefly zombie? Were those ladies *in* the Underground somehow?

*as a sidenote, never go here, ever, unless you want to see an endless wall of people asking for kisses. What a useful place.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Oh, that's weird. My papers stayed complete all of last night but now it's cleared. Well, if I have to rebuy the papers for any reason, they're much cheaper now :v

And yeah.

Skitters and Fantine is so incredibly random though. Wonder how much further the plot can go before the end of the month. I need 500 kisses and 925 flowers (who the heck can get that achievement now?! I never even see the flowers stock.)
11th

Post by 11th »

http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=22367

Tardy to the party, but kisses? I've got all the NPC ones, too, if anyone needs 'em still.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Yeah, I sold half my set last night, then got sad and took what I had left out of my shop. I'm going to be clicking around all weekend to get the rest back, because I don't want to buy them again. Hopefully. If it lasts that long. Extras in trades if anyone wants to trade.

And thinking Skitters wrote the poem makes me sad because I love Skitters and don't want him to be sad. :( Although, at the same time, who thought it was a good idea to nominate a shopkeeper to be chanceller (of anything)? Does he have some super political prowess that I'm unaware of?

Edit: Does anyone have the Skitters mask? May I borrow it?
Faun

Post by Faun »

Ugh, I didn't go on the computer at all yesterday (I went to a club O_O) and now I have 25 boxes in my inventory, and this paper thing is probably going to be over before I can get all of them. :(

If you sent me a box, I'll try to send you one back as soon as possible.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

There is too much stuff to do for this event. Right now I'm just focusing on the papers; I think I've collected all of two hearts and given all of one kiss in the past week, and I've been purposefully delaying pastry delivery requests because I just don't have time to do everything. :?

I mean, I do appreciate that the site's a lot more lively and interesting right now, but I just can't keep up with everything, especially given all the stuff I still have to do offline.
Rah

Post by Rah »

I just want to say - the trade center is a great resource for switching your doubles of the scraps and snippets. There are a bunch of people in there who are literally just putting up different pieces and just asking for another piece in return, in order to help you out. I completed my set last night just doing that and a tiny bit of asking about in trades!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yes, the trades really helped me out. With both the pastries and the paper.
I collected all the bloody papers I needed. Bought like 3 pieces which weren't expensive at all so I didn't mind that. And thank you for all who sent me papers! You helped tons! **hugs** Now I shall be sending extra papers I get to NCers that needs it. ^-^
I'm also sending boxes to people that still needs it. I also plan to go through extra pastries I have and see who might still need them.

Thanks for the forum Cyro! People have more patience then I to solve that scrap note. As for Ecks, I only knew of her thanks to seeing the plushie of her in the Zombie Den when it first came out. So I figure she might pop up sometime during this. Though I didn't know she already had her own account and HA.
I also like reading the different ideas people have on the plot. I didn't even notice the connection with the trash and the NPCs that were asking for a kiss. Shows how observant I am. ^-^;
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Eh, where exactly are we supposed to find the papers aside from opening boxes? I have something in my inventory called crumpled paper, but it doesn't show up on the workspace pages.

Edit: Public bitching ftw. I just found one in a RE. No wonder I didn't have any.

I'm a bit annoyed that there isn't a Not Particularly Amused by Your Pathetic Attempts at Aggression Pylot, for me to fight at around 500 hp. I can only beat the first one, and I probably could do that even if I hadn't trained my pets.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Where do you go to place the pieces of paper down?
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've been using this link from the front page, but I don't know how else to get to the "workspace" from the site.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Oh lord...I was without power all day yesterday and most of today and have a lot of catching up to do. So if I either miss someone or send you too many things, my apologies. At least I can get my own pastry boxes now and can start sending some to anyone that still needs 'em. Speaking of which, thanks again so so much to those of you who have been sending me things; if it weren't for you I'd be way behind and would probably have given up trying to keep track of this plot by now.