The Great Pandemic 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: The Great Pandemic 2011

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ok; thanks, Ty. :) I found out what the messages said through the forums a while ago, but I wanted to make sure I didn't have to do anything else after I put everything together.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'd rather like to know if we're done with having paper bits in our inventories after the poetic kiss. I have a lot of paper bits. The clutter is slowly driving me mad.
Image Image
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

Thanks for everyone's help... Anyone wants to pass a pastry box back and forth just to get the delivery achievement?

Big thanks to Griffin for playing Pastry Volley ball.Now just to get 858 kisses and open 29 more boxes :mrgreen: If anyone needs any scraps or snippets just shout
Last edited by sezrin on 03 Mar 2011 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Well, I bought all the scraps, snippets, and pastries... Then I got Skitter's message and kissed the baker... I guess I'm caught up!
Elucifer

Post by Elucifer »

Wonder what the code is. Guess there's always Saturday to wait for! xD
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

March 5th, huh?

Anyone else up for some pastry-box vollyball? I'm at 10 now and wouldn't mind getting up to 50. :-)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Thanks, guys! I got the 50-boxes-sent and 50-boxes-opened!

I won't say no to getting to 100 for either if you have some spare boxes or time on your hands, but I'm not too worried about it, either, if you're bored of sending me boxes. :-)

(If I get sent a box I'll send it back unless told otherwise.)

(I know, bad double-poster, but I wanted to make sure it showed up as a new post otherwise no one who read the last post will see it.)

EDIT: I got my 100 boxes. You guys are awesome. :-)
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

11 boxes left to open... If anyone has any spares I'd be really grateful! They're suddenly something like 50K a piece in the shops....
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

So..this plot is really now over. Which I didnt even know till I checked the news.

This is cute!

Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

After all the wait, this was the big finale? Kinda lame really. Fantine creeps me out on the best of days so even bigger art isn't going to make me like her, but Skitters looks so happy frolicking :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm extremely let down, honestly. It's been over a week since the last anything with the plot. And why bother introducing Ecks if her plot thread isn't going to go anywhere (how can it? Masquerade should be starting soon, right?)? Everything was happening around Skitters, why doesn't he have a forum account to interact with people? They could have at least used the NPC accounts for Skitter's final love declaration to Fantine and she realizes she still loves him or something. Or a news post from Fantine about that (not SAI's "OHAI, sorry we're dumbasses lolz" with a picture that is only vaguely related to the post) I'm normally not crazy about things happening on the boards, but at least it would have been something. I still just feel like this has no resolution.

It seems like so much stuff was dumped because of timing/pacing. Which means these things should either be planned out much farther in advance, something else is still going to happen, or they're setting us up for an Epidemic super plot next year.

I also don't like that image at all. It's kinda derpy and doesn't really fit in with Subeta's usual art style. Fantine is ok, but in my mind, Skitters just isn't someone who can pull off that kind of cute.

Sorry for all the complaining.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Keith said somewhere on the site that this was only ever meant to be a mini-event type thing. Which is great and all, but only if you present it as such from the beginning. A "real" plot starts the same way--small, builds up. A mini plot is always going to disappoint people who didn't know it was supposed to be mini. Don't lecture your customers for not being psychic.

That said, he did say that it's a build up to a bigger thing next year. I'm looking forward to that, but it doesn't completely negate the disappointment this time around.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Ah, did he? That does make a bit more sense, then. I don't use the forums or twitter or anything, so I don't get little messages like that. Still, a little more input from Fantine would have been nice. It still seems a bit smooshed together.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

The plot end was pretty much the definition of anti-climactic, but that's okay, I heard that it was going to be a small thing. I was expecting Skitters to start searching for a cure to become human again (hey man, it's only 50 candy hearts) as it makes absolutely no sense that Fantine would suddenly find a dead rotting corpse attractive and skip off with him into the sunset, even if they were childhood friends. But I guess the absurdity was intentional for the lulz, and next year Skitters and Ecks will probably be competing for zombie chancellor.

I think I completed every step correctly, so I hope there's a few nice prizes :)

Now I'm just hoping against all hope there won't be a Masquerade HA contest. Please nooooo.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I'm fine with the plot being over. I just cured my illness last night and was thinking, "Now there's gonna be some huge climactic battle and I'm going to wish I was still a zombie." So I'm happy I was wrong XD And hey, I can finally get rid of all the stuff cluttering my inventory and get ready for the Masquerade!