Atebus Revolution Masquerade 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Faun

Re: Atebus Revolution Masquerade 2011

Post by Faun »

http://subeta.net/explore/masquerade.ph ... ser=475127

I'm not really in the mood for this event yet. That should change soon though.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Here's mine! I'd love to dance lots!

http://subeta.net/explore/masquerade.ph ... ser=188747
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Hey, when did the CS retire the billboards? I was going to get one for this, but there aren't any in there (unless I'm missing something) or the user shops (except for the 100k, and that's too much). I'm sad now. :(
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

TCStarwind, they've been out of the cash shop for quite a while now xD Now at the forums, you just click "purchase billboard", i believe it is, next to the billboards that appear in the forum - you buy them directly from the forums now!
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

I never even noticed that. XD I don't go to the forums very much and never considered getting a billboard before this, so I'm totally out of the loop.

Thank you for the info! ^_^ Now I'm off to the free offers.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Keith updated the way the dancing works and the old links no longer work.
So, we just pushed a new change. This adds a 'key' to the end of the link to have a dance. That means that you have to click from the forums. The 'key' expires after 30 minutes, so you can go ahead and click it and then keep that window open and keep refreshing for 30 minutes, btu then you'll need to get a new one.

OR.

You can set up a note widget (or on the forums!) and use the new [*dance=username*] sCode, and it'll format the link correctly and you can just use that to click on your friends
@Seerow I imagine that you guys (the NC people!) can either make a thread here with all the usernames listed, or just have the person running the thread give you guys a block to paste on the site somewhere (like the notes widget) so that you can run down them yourself
It's going to be a pain for me which ever method I use since I already use the Notepad widget as a makeshift sidebar and it is already quite long. Hopefully I can work something out.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Erm, well, in the event that we can actually get links to work in the forum here, this is my basic invite code:

Officer 1BDI (TestName)

Code: Select all

[url=http://subeta.net/explore/masquerade.php?act=invite&user=150891]Officer 1BDI[/url] (TestName)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So basically the idea is to make this as big of a pain in the butt as humanly possible? Thanks, guys. That'll make the event a lot more fun, that's for sure...
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Wings, the whole idea behind him doing it this way was to stop people from being able to constantly use auto-refreshers on it. It's less than a pain in the ass as the first attempt to do it, heh. I dunno, it's not that big of a deal to me, because I'm just putting everyone's usernames in a notepad widget, so it'll work.

There's also the Subeta forum post that Ali started about it, which is here if it's easier for you guys to use -

http://subeta.net/forums/view/772046

(in fact, she's already updated that entire list with everyone from here, so it's pretty easy to use!)
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yes, all updated! Whew! I must say, the whole putting in the dance=username thing is easier then doing the whole code with ID number. XD I shall update the first post to say this, but anyone that wants to be on the list from here on out can post in the forum or just post there subeta name here and I'll add it. ^-^ Also if anyone wants me too, I can copy and past the code here that way they can copy and past it onto their notepad if they so wish.

I don't really mind it at all myself. I can keep the forum open in a new tab. And it's cool you can put the code in your notepad and it works.
Also seems that the achievement was lowered. It is now 2.5k instead of the 10k. Which is soooo much better. Cause really, 10k? Not in this lifetime.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I guess it's not that big a deal. It was just sort of nice to be able to refresh on the same person a few times before you headed back to the forums or whatever. (Not using an autorefresher, just refreshing.)
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Wings, you can still refresh the same person a few times! The code at the end of the URL lasts a half hour, so you can get a few dances in with someone before you need to click their dance link again.
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

Whoops, I had my code already but I see they've changed it up? Ah well in that case my Subeta name is YellowEmbers. I'll be sure to check out how the new dance invitation is supposed to work out x3

I'm surprised that I forgot about this event! It's the first one that I ever really participated in last year, but I'm not sure if I'll have the chance to really be a part of it this year. Taking on too many not-at-the-computer projects this week.
Hopefully I won't miss any of the main plot points! I'll probably just be a casual dancer as well. Still I really like this event so I'll try not to miss out!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

You can put the [*dance=username*] (without the asterisks) code in your status as well, so all your friends will see the link to dance with you in their sidebar/friends online thing. I'm clicking on those when I see them. :)
TCStarwind

Post by TCStarwind »

Hey, that works. Cool! 8D Also, I never knew this note sidebar thing existed before. It's pretty handy. And now I don't have to have two tabs open to dance with you guys; I can do it all from subeta. And to think I was all pissed last night because the links didn't work from here. Haha. XD