Free pet slot(s) for mystical plushie users

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Free pet slot(s) for mystical plushie users

Post by AngharadTy »

Subeta news wrote:Exciting news, we've updated the way that pet slots work! Here are the changes that we've made:
* The limit when using the Mystical Donadak Plushie and Mystical Montre Plushie is still 20 pet slots. That means the initial 5 slots all users get, the 5 slots that you get from a gold account, and 10 through the plushies.
* You can now gain unlimited slots with the Loyalty Pet Slot Totem. Using the totem will no longer count toward the 'hard' limit imposed by the plushies.
* Anyone with a total of 5-10 extra slots now (regardless if it is a combination of totems and plushies) have been given one free pet slot.
* Anyone who has a total of 11+ extra slots now (regardless if it is a combination of totems and plushies) has been given two free pet slots.
I also had a loyalty box waiting for pet name inspiration to strike me. Now I have three new pet slots! aaaah *dies of happy*

Pets are by far my favorite part of Subeta. HAs are second, but pets win!
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Free pet slot(s) for mystical plushie users

Post by TCStarwind »

This is amazing! I love pets, and I love having the ability to get more pets. I just got a loyalty box, too. *dies of happy* So, I've also got (will have?) three free pet slots. One of them is going to be waiting until October to be created, but I still have two new slots that I don't know what to do with. So excited!

The only thing I'm worried about is the last time they gave away free pet slots, you pretty much had to use them right away or they disappeared forever. I hope that doesn't happen this time. I'd ask about it in the news comments, but I'm not sure anyone would know what I'm talking about. :<

But yay, PETS. 8D

Edit: Also, I have 22 pets, but the site only reads it as 19 since I don't have a GA active. So, do I have get one or two slots?
Rah

Post by Rah »

TCStarwind - go HERE and look at the pet slots number - if you don't have a GA active, add five to uh...the second number. That's how many petslots you have :) (I believe from what you said there, you got two extra slots!)

(The amount of free slots you got depended on how many slots you had before - it could have been 0, 1 or 2 free slots)
Last edited by Rah on 06 Apr 2011 04:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay! So excited about this! Very cool of them to do. I love pets as well even though I keep getting distracted from working on my pets, I still love having them! And I'm excited to see what any NCer with extra slots will do with them. I just love looking at all NCer pets. :3

Thanks for the info Rah. I was so confused. That means I get 1 extra slot. Yes! My pets will be all even again. Now to get my hands on a gold account medal and to decide who I should make. Hmmmmm.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Thanks, Rah! :D My stats are currently at 22/19, so I wasn't sure if it was looking at the 22, or the 19. From the second news edit, I was worried it would have made a difference. XD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay slots! I gained two slots, so that brings me up to 26 pets I can have now. Excitement! So happy Keith was finally able to work out a way to do the whole pet slot thing.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

...I'm not sure how I ended up with an extra pet slot (I've only used 2 totems and Keith's 2k players "gift" for pet slots and no plushies, and my current stats are 13/9, or 13/14 if I had a GA active), but I apparently got an extra pet slot. Not complaining, though.

Edit: My math's off. :oops: I've gotten 4 loyalty boxes, only one which I used to color a pet, on top of Keith's gift, so I... must have had this extra pet slot all along and I had no idea until now. Lulz.

Y'know what, I give up. Brain's too tired to remember how long I've actually been on Subeta and I'm just going to take my extra pet slot and shut up now. =P
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 06 Apr 2011 05:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I have three boxes saved up for this occasion, and used one to create Sackbut :3 I have no idea what I'm going to do with this, but I love the Sackbut. Only because it is called a Sackbut. Sackbut!

/immaturity
Rah

Post by Rah »

We were only going to give the 1 free slot to people that had between 15-20 pet slots, and 2 for the people with 21 or over, but something went wrong with the coding (for the good this time, it seems xD) and Keith told me he didn't care and that he was fine with more people getting the free pet slots. So I think anyone that used one totem/plushie in the past got a free slot - of course, I've only guessed this based on user comments!

A few people seem to think they've gotten two free slots whilst having below 21 petslots, and I'm not sure what's happened there. I'm not entirely certain they're not just confused about how many free slots they had before, but I'll believe it more as more reports come in!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm, maybe. I know I had 14/9 in December when I started this thread. Since then I've activated the Loyalty Pet Slot Totem we got when 2000 users were online and added a 15th pet. Now my pet slots are at 15/12. That seems to imply that I got 2 free slots, otherwise it would have been 15/11. (14/9 to 15/10 with the Totem, then 15/11 with one free spot.)

Er... if I did get an extra slot, can I keep it?

I'm just trying to figure out where the 5 non-free pet slots came from. I bought a Mystical Donadak Plushie with sP back some time ago when they were a lot less, sP-wise. :-) That's two. I've activated 2 Loyalty Pet Slot Totems, one from a box and the 2000 users one. But where did the other one come from? Was there some other time when people who had activated a plushie got a free slot for some reason? I have a vague recollection but can't quite remember.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yes, your vague recollection is correct. =)
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That makes sense... or at least it would, except that I think I've actually only used one Totem, the 2000+ users one. At least, I have two Loyalty Boxes left, I've been on for 4 years, 6 months, and I think I used the third box to paint my Angelic pet, so I can't have gotten a slot with it. Unless I bought a Montre plushie at some point and have just forgotten about it...

I suppose it doesn't matter, it's just bugging me now. Was it only that one time we got a free slot, or is there another one I'm forgetting?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I've gained 1 I believe. I have 15/11. Assuming I ever get around to get a GA account, that would be 21?I also still have a pet slot loyalty totem, and today just received another loyalty box. I used the box to paint my pet, although getting a 3-month GA subscription could have earned me enough sp to buy the potion outright if I bothered sticking around. I am happy with my decision. Hooray for freebies.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Talking to Keith, we can't figure out why a few people seemed to get 2 free slots when they were only supposed to get one, but he doesn't want to take away slots now if they've been given. So a small handful of people seemed to get 2 extra slots, and they should just consider themselves extra lucky :) (I know there are going to be people who will feel shortchanged in some way, but as far as I can see nobody got /less/ than they were supposed to. We hope everyone is at least happy with what they got! Whether it be a free slot, or the ability to finally use up their loyalty boxes before they buy all the plushies and not have it matter c:)
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Wow, this is really cool and well-timed to boot! Now I've got 12/17 slots, two more than I had before. I can't imagine filling all those slots... then again, there was a time I couldn't imagine needing more than five pets. I only have one new character coming up (name due to clear in August), the rest are just potential name replacements. I like having the free slots for other purposes. (Speaking of which, if anyone wants help getting a name tomorrow, sMail me and I'll lend a hand.)