New Features/Updates

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by Cranberry »

When Andi uploaded the new art, they were all pngs (while the old ones were gifs), except for Lizard Minion -- he was a png before. So it may just be a cache issue with him (I know you said you cleared your cache, though, so that's odd).
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Umm, there's certainly nothing wrong with Muffin Man's art quality but I must sadly admit that he scares me now. A lot. ;__; I'll be seeing malevolent sentient muffins in my nightmares.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Muffin Man is terrifying. Like I don't even want to fight him now he's that disturbing heh. I liked the old face on the Lizard Minion much better, this one seems to have odd "come hither" eyes. And I agree, would have been better as a tiny lizard!

The others I love. The new Oslyae is my favorite, she's so very pretty now. Pock, Saper and Riscors is great as well, I always liked that trio.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I remember saying to Lindsey I THOUGHT the lizard minion looked different on my laptop than my desktop but I didn't pay any attention to it... but I was right. It keeps showing up as that old image for me too though, weird!

And Cran, it's okay, we're all lazy at times ;D

ETA - I was chatting with Andi already, so I asked her, and she said it should definitely be the one Cran uploaded. She also said the image servers are a bit jacked so that might be why it's not updated for all of us xD

**The more you know**
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

This only really affects the battlers, but Keith finally implemented the pet stats cap today. I think you can get 22k stats total now; I'm not sure if that counts level and intelligence or not.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

It does not. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Image Image
new - old

Awww... she got an update. She's still cute, but she was my favorite shopkeeper by 1000% before.Anyone have the old image so I can pine?
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I agree Ty, I preferred the old version. She was actually one of the few shopkeepers I didn't have blocked. The new version is fine, but the old one just seemed, I dunno, more fantasy which is more my taste.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

I prefer the older version as well. I thought the old one was gorgeous!!! Not that the new one isn't of course, the art style is just not my taste. Very well done though, just as I said, not my taste in art style.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

They are both good looking, but I think the old one fits in much better with the rest of the shopkeepers.
I also don't think she needed an update that bad, there is quite a bit of old art that could do with a make over, but i didn't think this shopkeeper was one of them.

So count me in as a vote for the old one (if somebody is keeping score.)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

New, very cool BC challenger, drawn by NK. I love the stuff the artists come up with for us! This challenger is randomly found when picking up an item in the pumpkin patch (there's a pretty high chance of getting it).
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

yeah, I got him and have battled him a few times. I like what he drops XD.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Well, I was wondering when this would happen, with Pete being the weekend quest and all.

Not too bad. :P Still looks like he's pretty happy about getting food, but without the overdone face shadow.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Kinda weird; it doesn't look totally like Pete to me. Much better art, of course. How could it not be? Heh.
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I find this Pete "cleaner" somehow, probably because he doesn't have as obvious arm hair. and the hair on his head isn't scribbled in. His shirt and apron fit better too (or at least, it doesn't use black lines to show the stretch marks).