New Features/Updates

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by Cranberry »

I have personally begged Keith for a separate wig layer, and he won't do it for various reasons. Trying to go through the "all clothes on Subeta" option in the wardrobe looking for a nice NON-WIG head item always makes me so angry.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Various reasons including any particular logic? Because a wig layer makes a ridiculous amount of sense.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I was wondering that, too. I can't think of any reason not to have one off the top of my head.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'd guess that in part it's due to wanting people to buy extra layers/GAs in order to properly use the head layer. I know I get stuck on that one most (and face second most).
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

AngharadTy wrote:I'd guess that in part it's due to wanting people to buy extra layers/GAs in order to properly use the head layer. I know I get stuck on that one most (and face second most).
That strikes me as the most logical reason as well, but it still seems like a shame given what a hassle it is for users from an organization standpoint.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Oh, NOW they put in a "fight this opponent again" button, AFTER we killed all those dang terrseos! :-)

Useful to have, though.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

And a game over button on the top of the page. Handy Dandy!

Battlesets for different tiers next please? :D
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

That is the next thing on the list of "major wants" that I gave to Grace, haha. Some stuff (like collapsible sections on the battle pages) may have to wait until after the recode goes live because they are changing some javascript stuff then.

I have a thread here.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Nice thread, do you mind if I just post here? I think NC needs more discussion :)
I like option 4, the icons are more compact and the buttons take less scrolling. You can still read the text well enough, but less scrolling is happy wrists (if wrists could be happy on their own)

On an unrelated note to everybody else, I don't understand todays free gift but I'm a little bit dissapointed Queen Beatrix abdicated on April 30th and there wasn't even so much as a reference involving the Bumbus queen. They were both named Queen Bea even! (Allthough I wouldn't call the former actual queen that to her face...:P)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

No, I check this forum every day, so go ahead and post here. :)

I prefer number three, myself, because I like to see what happened last turn before I choose my weapons for the next. That said, number four seems to be the favorite right now, so we'll probably go with that for a while, and switch to number three once we have collapsible sections.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I like three or four best, too. I see your point about four but a lot of battle quest, etc. opponents are just sort of bash-until-dead for me at the moment and I don't necessarily need to see what happened last turn to bash them again. :-)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

There's going to be a lot less scrolling, whatever we go with -- here's what option three would look like with Sophie, who is an extremely blessing/curse-heavy opponent. That used to be three pages of scrolling before, and now it fits on one. Here is a fight with Chase, showing a more normal section length. Grace widened the side sections so that more icons can fit on a row.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I like three as well—even when I'm not bothering to read the turn information, it's nice to have the submit form at the bottom, because then once you scroll down the buttons are always on the exact same place on the page, regardless of the size of the opponent. (I've got flick-to-the-bottom, click-click, submit ingrained into my muscle memory at this point, sadly enough.) Anyway, the condensed icons are great, and I'm always glad to see little improvements to often-used parts of the site. I'll definitely echo the "multiple battlesets" request. Also, any chance of a going-over of the actual battle text, before the recode or after? There are typos and encoding errors and irregular spacing all over the place; it's so distressing.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I fix typos and grammatical errors when I see them, but there are hundreds of weapons/scrolls and I haven't gone through and read the text on every one!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Y'know, we also need a way to see how many times a pet has beaten an opponent before we battle them again. I've killed a lot of things 11 or 12 times with Mezz out of lack of memory.
Image Image