New Features/Updates

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Rah

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by Rah »

Which item, Ty? I've had to buy a bunch of them as I have the pet Ragdoll and so I have a bunch of spares!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The eyeliner thing--sell it if you can, it's worth sooooo much!
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

lavender: Thanks! Now I have all the Bento Box items I wanted. My pet Nightflare's treasure is up to 115 items now.

I hope you had better luck with the second Bento Box?

In other news, when the "sale is ending announcement" was posted on the news, I broke down and bought an Enchanted Castle costume trunk and an All That Glitters crate. The trunk was an impulse purchase that I think I'm happy with: I generally only look at the HA previews when a new trunk comes out and I didn't realize so many of the items in the Male trunk would be perfect for pet treasure (including the teapot for Nightflare!)

The crate I now wish I hadn't bought. I didn't realize they would still be for sale at a higher price after we learned what the contents were. If I had, I would have waited -- and then not bought it because I don't think I'm ever going to use the items. Oh, well.

Overall, it was a fun sale!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I actually bought CSC awhile back for +/ 10 mil sp because I realized I wanted to have some for the sale. Unfortunately all the trunks I wanted the most are retired. So I made the decision early on not to sit around a wait for the hustler to stock the things I really wanted only to find out they stocked when I, off course, finally went to sleep.
Allthough I didn't get my most wanted items I think I did well health wise :) I actually painted an entire room instead of sitting around the computer clicking the refresh button.

The surprise packages don't surprise me, most items are very pretty! What does surprise me is the amount of people that expected wearables from the thimbles & stickers packages etc. But maybe I missed something there.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

This is kind of an interesting update.
When you send a pet to a friend, or abandon it and it has high stats (2,000+ of a stat) it will lose 10% of it's stats.
From an announcement thread here.

I don't think this will ever really affect me, the one pet I have with stats close-ish to the limit I'll never lend or adopt out anyway. I know Keith has been trying to lessen the amount of pet and weapons loaning for the BC and this might help a bit with one of them. 10% is quite a lot of stats for some of the pets out there.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Purge and I actually suggested this because some people were transferring huge battle pets through the pound in order to get multiple copies of very expensive loot during events (for example, with our impossible Morostide challenger, Rouland, who drops a Manifesting Weapon). There was a 30-day battling block when pets were transferred, but no block on pounded pets. The 30-day block wasn't even deterring people as much as we liked, so we asked for the 10% reduction both places.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Am I allowed to practice thread necromancy to discuss a new "new feature?"

Well, not discuss so much as mention that I hope lots of people start using the CS to sell their custom wearables instead of having threads in the CW forum, since I am about 1000% more likely to buy them that way. (I haven't bought a CW yet because the whole thing just seemed like such a huge hassle.)

I wish they'd left the Friendship Cube, I'd have bought one of those just because, well, Portal.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Of course, this is definitely the best place for it.

I am finding 600 csc a little hard to justify... but it is much more tempting this way. I even added a couple to my wishlist.
Image Image
Marah

Post by Marah »

Eh... I thought it was 500 csc per item when it went life. Is my memory scrambled or did some-one with an opinion yell murder and fire in the forums over it?
Anyway, much more likely to buy stuff this way. Much, much easier for the consumers of the site. Allthough I liked the price of 500 csc per item better, why does 600 seem so much more expensive? Because you buy the csc in batches of (multiples of) 500 maybe?

Wingsrising, I still see the friendship cube in the ground section. It appears you can still buy it!

As for me... sonic device... sooo tempting.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

It was 500csc at first, but yes, there was a big riot on the forums about it. I guess a lot of people were upset after they had hoarded 500+ CWs that they were all going to be worthless now. And artists didn't like the payout to them. Which doesn't make sense to me since I would think doing CWs wasn't for profit but to have your items onsite. But I'm not an artists so what do I know!

I really really like the new system. Some stuff I thought I would never be able to get are in there now.
Last edited by Seerow on 16 May 2012 07:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marah

Post by Marah »

It was 500csc at first, but yet, there was a big riot on the forums about it.
Sigh, subeta is so predictable sometimes. Isn't 500 the "normal" price on the forums? It seemed reasonable to me. And I know some items are restricted to a few batches (as chosen by the artists) but I would assume that the items entered into this system weren't and that the people who bought them knew that. So even though it is easier for people to buy them know, all of these items should have been buyable before. So not that much of a change.

I honestly think 500 csc was the better price. For example 1000 csc could buy you 2 CW items. Now it is one and then you have 400 csc left. Do you buy another 500 to buy that second cw or do you spend it somewhere else in the cash shop? Subeta will get the cash anyway, but I think 500csc would have been favourable for the overall CW sales (and thus for their artists.)
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

600csc is actually the normal price on the forums, very few items sell for 500csc. The artists don't want to have to pay for one of their own items, which is understandable, so at 600csc, they get one for free the first round plus a bit of profit.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Ah thanks Seerow, then I understand the price a bit better!
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I mean I wish it still looked like a Companion Cube. I'm not interested in it as it is now.

I agree that 500 CS seems like it works better as a nice round subset of the cost of CS. Yes, people would make less money than going through the forums (as they are at 600 CS). But they're saved a great deal of time and work in terms of selling the items, they're probably going to sell a LOT more of them then they would through the forums (which means making more money because there's no marginal cost to the items) and putting it in the CS shop is optional -- they can still sell through the forums if they want to.

But whatever. Either way, I'm much more likely to actually buy something this way (although I agree with Ty, $6 for one item is still a deterrent for me. It will have to be something I like a LOT.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I know it's 600 csc in the forum, but I haven't bought any there either. That's a lot of money for one item. And because the system is so different and would in theory allow for many more to eventually be purchased from the cash shop than you can get from one batch, the different price made sense to me... but then I'm not an artist.

Also, there's no way to preview CWs in your own wardrobe, is there? I really, really don't want to spend that much money on something without being positive it'll work with my favorite wardrobe items.
Image Image