New Features/Updates

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by lavender »

Re: new shop layout - I personally don't have a problem with it. What I don't get is the people on the forums complaining that organizing by item ID just gives restockers a bigger advantage... I see it as an advantage to everyone. Maybe I'm biased because it does make it easier to grab new items that I need for my gallery. However, restocking new items is hit and miss anyways. People are smart enough to wait for the prices to go down. Unless it's needed for a quest, new items actually can be trickier to sell.
That's just my opinion, though. Not worth much. :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

I am wondering what everyone's opinion is on the newest cash shop items, the Deluxe Picnic Basket and the Gilded Turtle Trinket Box...because I am a little torn about how much CSC I want to spend to get the items.

I love the art, especially for the food items....therein lies the problem. I want a lot of them, but for some reason I find it hard to spend so much on, well a food item. maybe I'm just being silly...

What do you guys think?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I also feel that's a lot to spend on food. I am glad I don't care about the gourmet thing at all. Maybe if I just wanted a particular item or two for treasures, but luckily, I don't.

I like the turtle a lot more overall--the turtle items are really cute.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I feel like... the picnic basket was released wrong, haha. I mean, clearly it wasn't, but I feel like it would have been more effective as an item like the movie reel a few months back where you paid a flat fee and got all the food. I'd easily pay 500 CSC for that, because the food in it is SO PRETTY and I want a lot of the items for treasures (and Fen to eat) but I can't justify spending 250 CSC for just one food item. Even if I got to pick like.. 3 or 4 that'd be something.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got all of the pincnic items (Even the one I didn't need, the blanket! Because I thought it was celery on whatever) and I found it expensive. SEriously, wasn't really fond of spending 25$ on these, even though I needed them for a TC.

It's a fun idea, but I wish it had been cheaper.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

250 is indeed far to much for a food item. Maybe if they were 75 or possibly 100 I'd buy a couple since I do love the items inside. But I can get a Collection and pick what I want for that price. And it amuses me to no end that the Turtle items is only 225, less than the food.

Speaking of the cash shop, the cart has finally been updated and actually functions a bit more like a cart! After you've clicked to add an item to it, you can then go to the cart and change the quantity of how many you want. Yay! There is a thread on Subeta here (Link) where you can post minor annoyances and such. So far a few have been implemented already, such as some link backs in shops and the cart feature.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Seerow, you DO get to pick what you want from the picnic basket, it isn't random. Just an FYI XD
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

Jessi, I was just mentioning to Ali yesterday how much I wish they had made the picnic basket like the movie reel...I'd totally pay 500CSC for it like that...I'd probably even buy an extra to give away items. Blah :P

Edit: LOL, Serrow, I was so confused when I saw the turtle and its price...I'm still trying to figure out what that's about *blink*

Editx2: I think I am in love with the Cash Shop Hustler! When it restocked the Fairy Costume I almost fainted! I needed some items for Little_Lute's TC and I got extras to open and give away items. The only problem is I am now going to be paranoid that I will miss another great restock when I am not online lol
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Subeta's artists did some lovely battle challenger revamps a while back, and today Andi uploaded them for us. The old challengers look awesome now.

And more here!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Good, some of them really needed retouching. Although I'm sad Prodigy is still fugly, but it's not like I can beat him anyway, so it only comes up in battle quests. (I actually hate the new Prodigy art so much I had it adblocked for a while, but am too lazy to do it on this computer too. Lazy lazy.)
Image Image
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I was surprised Cranberry didn't post them all, so here's the rest ;) Because those little icons on the challenger page don't do them justice!

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The lizard minion is the only one that's worse*; it's the same art, looks like, just made bigger. So it's less crisp, kinda fuzzy overall. Also, I realize they have that big a canvas for enemies, but lizard minions just are not that big. It looks bizarre.

* Arguably also the muffin man because he is terrifying. Think it's the eyebrows.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

The muffin man is terrifying! He scares me too.

It would be rather cool if the lizard minion didn't fit his entire space, if you were actually fighting against this inytine creature.
Love the new art overall, the not-rock, paper and scissors and the amazonian are my favourites!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The lizard minion looks completely different to me... weird. Here, I screenied it:

He looks more disdainful now. :)
Jessibean wrote:I was surprised Cranberry didn't post them all
I'm LAZY, okay? :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Wha... how would... I don't... well I guess the new art is definitely better than I expected. I don't get how I'm seeing what I'm seeing?

Clearly the old art, but edited with no shadow, and I had cleared my cache.
Image Image