New Features/Updates

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, now it's only like getting slapped in the face instead of punched every time you search for things. If you make your site really awful, people will be glad to see when it's only kinda awful!

Foghawk, I haven't sat down to input that code yet, but thank you so much for developing it nonetheless. I'm certain it's brilliant as usual.
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Oh man, that sucks. Looks like I have my work cut out for me when I work on developing my new Custom CSS layout...I'll probably write a visual and text guide for Custom CSS stuff on Subeta, too. :|
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Foghawk, that coding for the pets page you made looks awesome. If I weren't using Opera, I would totally be using it. :D It's not working for me, and I'm not smart enough to know how to tweak it.

But oh my cod, the site is driving me batty right now. Every page I'm getting an SQL error and have to refresh it several times just to get it to work. I am so aggravated right now. It's a good thing I wasn't actually planning on doing anything on it today.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Opera doesn't use a browser code; it just wants "box-shadow" and "column-count", no prefix. Does that fix your problem?

And... yeah, I'm getting SQL vomit everywhere too. (Most of it is transitory, but... Would you believe that you can go back 10 pages on a 6-page forum thread? And that this will actually result in an error because Subeta couldn't find page -4?)
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Yes it does! You are a genius. Thank you very much! :D
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Subeta News wrote:Subeta will be offline on July 15 from 2 a.m to 6 a.m.
Subeta Newspost wrote:Comments are disabled for this post!
Uh... Really?

I have nothing against a bit of downtime. (I assumed this was meant to work on whatever was hanging the HA servers, but that's just been fixed, so evidently that's not the case.) I'd rather have a working site after maintenance than a broken one that's always up. This is for... what, though? If there's one thing Subeta's historically been really poor at, it's user communication. But at least in the past we got an explanation for downtime, and a chance to respond to it. Am I paranoid for being a little disturbed?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yup, I rolled my eyes. Thanks for making it halfway to good communication!
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I missed it so just in case somebody else did too:

http://subeta.net/newsletter/redeem.php?key=newsletter

free goodies!
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Hey...uh...guys? Is this new?

I'm asking because his Halloween version was based off of the artwork before this...so is this recent? o.O;; It's so...odd and tiny. And very, very shiny.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I think that new art has been up since after the summer cruise event. (At least, that's when I remember first seeing it.) The art's definitely better, but I'm not really a fan. Now the Wizard looks vaguely evil because of the angle of his eyebrows.
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Rakumel wrote:I think that new art has been up since after the summer cruise event. (At least, that's when I remember first seeing it.) The art's definitely better, but I'm not really a fan. Now the Wizard looks vaguely evil because of the angle of his eyebrows.
Oh. I haven't really been online on Subeta much, so it totally caught me off-guard today.

HA, I thought the EXACT same thing about the eyebrow angle!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Coming in late, but I just wanted to say Foghawk, you are awesome. That code on the Pet Info page makes it infinitely more useable. Thanks for coding it and sharing it with us.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I will spent the rest of now till whenever saving up for CSC. Finally, finally a doctor who thingy. Yay!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Marah wrote: Finally, finally a doctor who thingy. Yay!
Oooh, look at all those 10th Doctor items. I'll have to buy those. The sonic screwdriver appears to be 11's.
Marah

Post by Marah »

There is a new newsletter, it comes with a free masquerade mask and a random item. For those who don't get the newsletter:
click here!