New Features/Updates

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Re: New Features/Updates

Post by RNA »

I think my theory is correct and there will be a Masquerade plot this year inspired by Phantom of the Opera.
ImageImage
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Chase, you beautiful bastard.
(Word is you have to quit a very high-level quest to get him. I guess that'll soften the blow next time around...)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

You're all going to hate me, because he's really hard to beat. He would have been called impossible under the old classifications! I love the art, though (Rah did it, of course) and I had fun writing his attack text. ;)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Well I don't hate you, but I am slightly dissapointed. He is way too big for me.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

There is an activity to tag every item onsite here, and you can get achievements for tagging up to 100 items! No idea how long it'll last, so you might want to jump in and start tagging right away.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Nothing like getting your users to work for you for free! No idea what it's for, but clever to crowdsource it. :-)

Hope it keeps going for a while because at this rate it's going to take me some time to get to 100. Of course, there are a lot of items on the site, so if the goal is to get multiple people to suggest tags everything it seems like it might take a while.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I think it'll go on for a while. Keith said this today (in this thread):
Because unless 500 people do the same thing, it won't matter. The idea is that users tag all of the items over and over and the popular tags are what we keep. Right now it's very early in the process (as it hasn't even been posted in the news) so a lot of these items have tags that aren't going to end up in whatever we use it for.

(Also there will be a screening process before they go live in any fashion)
Marah

Post by Marah »

I like it, it could be really helpful trying to find items for TC's and galleries and getting to help your users by giving it achievements is a rather brilliant idea to get the job done.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

That's the sort of thing I assume it will be used for. I think they may end up needing more than 5 tags total for some items.

(Also to decide whether to go with "clothing" or "wearable" as I've seen both.)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I think it'll be great if all gowns/dresses/frocks get tagged with dress, and all hats/bonnets/toques get tagged with hat, stuff like that. It'll be useful for minions, too, if all of the canine-looking ones are tagged with canine, for example. It's a good idea.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Oh, yeah. It could really work well for searches for pet treasures, too... if it works out right! (They'll have to pick whether they want canine or dog. :-) )

The fact that a new one comes up automatically makes it easy to keep going. I must say there are some I could easily come up with way more than 5, and others... not so much. "'Wooden Keeto Tile'? Um, 'wood', 'Keeto', 'tile'. Yeah, that's pretty much it." (Though in retrospect "brown" and "square" would have been good, too. I keep coming up with things after I hit submit.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I've only done a few, but I'm not bothering to input any tags that are part of the name.
Marah

Post by Marah »

See, you are doubting between clothing and wearable and I was going with clothes and wardrobe. harder than it looks, this thing.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Let's hope whoever organizes these things combines tags like clothing/wearable/wardrobe.
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm curious now if they're going to tag the custom wearables, too? Or ask people who submit new ones to tag them according to some sort of system?

I was just thinking about this as I was scrolling idly through that section of the Pawn Shop: it would be insanely useful to be able to sort them into wigs and non-wigs (I really really wish they'd just make a separate wig layer, frankly) or sort the wigs by things like length or color. The whole system is just really hard to manage and navigate now.