Reading Drive

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Reading Drive

Post by Seerow »

Yay Reading Drive time! I know a lot of people have been waiting a long long time for another Drive. This year the rare the book the more points it is worth so that should be neat. I have no idea what the point distribution is though since the site is (surprise surprise) super laggy and I haven't had a chance to turn any in yet.

I have 537 books saved up so far and some still to get. I can't wait to see what the prizes are, it's always so much fun to try and guess what they are inspired from.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Re: Reading Drive

Post by Kali_Lupine »

I've turned in some books, I think I got like 4 or 5 points on a few books that I got via the cash shop (2 were from the film reel) Anyway, I'm very excited! *wags tail*
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm glad they added the rarity thing. But what exactly is the scale...? I have some books worth quite a bit and I'm not sure if it'd be better to turn them in or sell them now.
Image Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I thought I didn't have any books in my vault, but I do! Haven't turned any in yet, but I like the idea of the scale (I'll decide whether to turn in the rarer books once I find out how it works). I know there are going to be some neat new prizes this year that reference some books I really like, so I'm excited to see those. :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yay!

About 6 months ago I bought up all books less than about 100k SP at the time in order to get ready for the next reading drive, and stuck them in a shop. So all I have to do is get books released since then. I'm quite happy, since I have few old Reading Drive items that crept onto my WL (hopefully they'll still be in the shop this time around) as well as looking forward to the new stuff as always!

That said, this is going to take a while.

I installed the "Multi Links" add-on in Firefox (to replace Snap Links, which I used last time but doesn't work in the current version of FF). Makes turning in those books WAY easier.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I've been waiting for this for a long time! Not that I'm super prepared, but I'm excited to see what I can get with the 300ish books I stashed away.

Think I'll hold off on submitting my books for now since it appears to be glitched. I have 23 books still turned in from last year and it says I have 23 points for that, but when I go to the prize area it says I have 0 points to spend.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I need 360 points just to buy the items I want out of the old selection. I have 12 books in my vault at the moment because I could never be bothered to buy up a lot in advance. I think I'm screwed.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Cryo: Is that a glitch? I know you're never allowed to spend points while the reading drive is actually going on. I had assumed it was related to that. I can't recall how that worked last time.

Alecko: You can still buy books: they're probably a little more expensive but there are too many books for them to inflate beyond all reason, in my experience.

I'm wondering if the price of the old items will go up with (some) books worth more and so many more books on the site now? Otherwise the top prizes will be much easier to get than they were last time.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Shush! Don't give them ideas!
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Looks like the point system was figured out by the user Indigo. Link.

1 point - rarities 1-60
2 points - rarities 61-90, 101, 115, 155
3 points - rarities 91-99
4 points - rarity 150
5 points - rarity 110
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

ah great! Thanks for posting this Serrow, that will be very, very helpful...must go through the black hole that is my vault, as I am completely unprepared for the Reading Drive. 47 pages...sheesh...
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

AngharadTy wrote:Shush! Don't give them ideas!
Oh, I hope they don't, too. In particular, I keep forgetting that not everyone on the site has been playing since the first reading drive... and if you haven't, between the old items and (hopefully) lots of fantastic new items, you're going to be hard pressed to get enough points to buy the things you want.

I'm just curious since the idea of Malice is that it was very hard to get... in previous years, you had to start buying up really expensive books to get 500 points. This time between the point system and the new books that were released I got over 500 just on what I already had around. Granted, I had every book that was 100k or less as of about 6 months ago sitting in my shop, but still... you can get there with much cheaper books than in previous drives.

Or maybe they'll release new, improved ultimate prize?

Can you still get the books from the first Pandemic in Skitter's shop? If so, and if there are any original zombies left, that might be a good way to turn a profit (assuming they're actually selling for the prices listed).

EDIT: Actually, some of the newer zombie books are priced pretty high, too.

Also, in case anyone didn't know, note that the Masquerade and Vesnali shops are still open, if you need books from there (although some are pretty cheap in user shops.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I hope the drive lasts a while. I can barely do anything on the site. I've been trying to do Saggi quests for about 6 hours now. And I have 9/30 done. I can't even imagine trying to get things out of my vault, much less trying to turn them in--one at a time, still? No bulk add? This is going to be so fun. Gosh.
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Do you use FF, or Safari? If you use FF the "Multi Link" add-on is really useful for turning in books.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Chrome. It's not that it's hard to do, it's just that it's part of what's causing the massive lag on the site. Well... and every one that I have to load is something to wait for, even if I am waiting for a hundred at a time.
Image Image