Summer in Centropolis

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Summer in Centropolis

Post by Marah »

Soooo, new avatar contest. The concept is nice, but it involves forum voting (and thus forum posting and going into the forums in general) and I can't help but feel that a lot of people just show up in what they were wearing instead of trying to fit the (admittedly very broad) theme.

Anyway, I made a post on the forums:
http://subeta.net/forums/?act=read&topic=794038

Because the NC has some great avatar makers and from half of you I couldn't find any forum posts or avatars via your profiles. So please go and show of your avatars!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Summer in Centropolis

Post by TCStarwind »

I posted on the thread. My HA is kinda summery? I don't know. I don't feel like making one specifically for the contest.

Like I said, since it's in the forums I really wasn't planning on participating at all. I tend to forget the subeta forums exist anyway. What was wrong with the other system?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Meh. That's pretty much how I'm feeling about it. And I just made a cool SoIaF avatar, and I don't want to change it yet...
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Don't worry, I also tweaked an existing avatar :) So let me rephrase that, I think the contest where you can make an avatar specifically for the contest, submit it, and then go wearing whatever you want makes for a contest with more and better themed avatars. Does that make sense? What I'm saying is, while I don't like the last voting system (didn't see most of the avatars who won for example) this forum voting doesn't work for me. I like it if people follow the themes for a contest, but I completely understand why persons wouldn't want to change their avie. So far I have been hearting avatars that I think are pretty, fitting the theme or not.

And Joey, I wouldn't change my avatar either if I were you, it is very cool. But please post so we can like it anyway :)
And TCStarwind, I think your avatar is very pretty and summery :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm not sure how I really feel about a popularity contest. Mostly because of the prizes I won't get. Hope none have bones on--there's enough items I've added to my wishlist and told myself to forget about already.

But I'm glad you made an NC thread. Hopefully I'll remember to check it daily.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I agree with Ty on the whole popularity contest aspect of this and agree with TC about usually avoiding the forums on Subeta. But I posted to Marah's thread there and put on a summery type outfit for the contest. i figure I will at least get some kind of participation prize at least. Anybody want to take bets on who will be in the top 10 when all is said and done? The last voting system was flawed, but I don't think this is a better method.
Eh...I have seen some very pretty HAs just in the Neocolours thread alone.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

My newest HA is modeled after my little sister who just left to go back to the city :c Anyway she is the most fashionable person I know (seriously, does she really need over 100 pairs of shoes???)

Edit:
Contest is Over! I got 50 likes, which I am really surprised about because I didn't really post much at all or try and show off my HA. So I am pleased :D Hope you all did well!

I actually got 2 prizes which I am surprised about lol, guess they decided to throw those will not too many likes a bone! I got:
Image and Image