Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Gumdrops

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by Gumdrops »

I have three as well.

The only things I missed was fighting those temple opponents as I don't have a battle pet as of yet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh man oh man, these prizes are really great. I hope I didn't miss out on anything I need too badly. I already need duplicates. If anyone's looking to sell an hourglass, I will probably buy. I sooooo need two of those.

I got a silver trophy, too. (And only that trophy.) Which means battling must have counted for the gold a lot--I couldn't battle the Lady+ at all. But I still thought I was pretty far into the plot, so that's also kinda surprising. Maybe I'm spoiled because of how trophies like plushie collector work, with way more levels than just three.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I'm sooo happy with these prizes. The artists really did a wonderful job, though that's consistent with the rest of the plot. I've been thoroughly impressed the whole time, from the rooms to the challengers to the items. I got about 60 prizes, including the three I got from losing against that stupid minotaur more times than I care to admit. I'm probably in the minority because I didn't want the mosaic tiles as items after staring at them for so long, but I bet a lot of people did, and after the whole "box of evidence" situation from the last plot it's heartening to see that was taken into consideration. The only prize I really want that I didn't get is the divine peacock, so maybe I'll splurge a little and get one, because... only missing one? Since when does that happen! Usually I need all the things I didn't get, and dislike all the ones I did. Not this time, though! I love the desert hopper, and the winged boar plushie, especially.

The point system seems really fair this time too, with the exception of awarding 500 points for making it through the maze, considering it was the same for everyone and isn't really that hard to follow someone else's directions blah blah blah. But ehh, it got more people more prizes, so who cares.

The dinosaur pet is soooo cute, really adorable. I'm glad I get another loyalty pet totem in September, because I waaaant one. I like the common colour enough to own one, though I'm most excited for the Hydrus one (I don't know why. I can't even picture it.)

Yays and Woos all around! A job well done.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I didnt even try to fight the super bad monsters. Tooo hard.
Image Image
ImageImage
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I'm really pleased by how this plot went. I liked that we actually had puzzles this time - and some of them were fun enough that I wished I had the chance to do them again. I was also completely startled by the amount of prizes we got! After I missed attempting to fight the minotaur two days in a row, since I was at work while it was available, I was feeling a little grumpy about the fact that I'd probably miss out on some cool prize. It doesn't look like I did! I got 49 items, and although I'm not going to keep all of them, the majority are really great. There are a few prize items that I wish I had, although like Topher, the only one I'm really bummed about is the peacock. That one's sooooo pretty. If it ever goes on sale for a decent price, I'm definitely going to buy it.

I hope future plots are set up like this one; it was a really nice change from the usual plotless, clickhappy events that Subeta has had up until now, and I'm excited to see the next one.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I need that peacock as well. I hope the price drops a bit.

Anyway, I ended up with a bronze trophy and 45 items. Only items I'm missing that I'd like to get are the peacock and the grifin plushie.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I didn't count how many prizes I got either, but I was blown away by the sheer volume that showed up on the page when I clicked through. They were all so beautifully done and just plain lovely as both items and wearables(where that applies). I still had to add about 7 or 8 items that i wasn't awarded to my wishlist, but that's okay. This plot was fun and I am very satisfied with what I ended up getting out of it. I hope that any future plots will be as well thought out and amusing as this one was. I didn't do any battling after the stone statues other than throwing my pet at the minotaur a few times and getting creamed repeatedly by him...so considering i got zero points for the battle portion, I feel like I made out like a bandit.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

The prizes are lovely and I'm using lots of Magical Keepsake Boxes to put some in pet treasures. I'm pleased with how much I got given that I was on vacation for most of the plot so was only catching it occasionally. I do sort of wish everyone had gotten all the mosaic tiles, though (or at least that the tile was automatically a prize for completing the step that gave you the tile in game).
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I didn't count my prizes and wound up with a bronze trophy. I did everything but win against the satyr, so I'm wondering what the cutoffs were for trophy points (I only got to battle against the minotaur for about an hour).
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I think the only prize disappointment for me is that I didn't get one of those teleportation devices, largely because I know I had one during the plot (er, at least in my hypothetical "plot inventory"), and minorly because I need one for a pet's TC. :P I wish I knew what you were required to do to actually earn one, because I'm puzzled on that point.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm so happy with the whole plot. How everything was run and such. It was such fun! I loved it. Defiantly my favorite plot on Subeta thus far. I was so giddy when I saw all the goodies in my inventory. Such lovely items. The artist really out did themselves with this plot. Such eye candy. I'm also so happy that the plot was still going on when I came back from the cottage and that was able to catch up or I would of been heartbroken. I earned a bronze trophy. I didn't fight except for get a few blows on the minotaur. And I missed digging out when there was the cave in. There are only a few things I need that I didn't get. Only one I really want for a TC, the others I want just cause they are pretty.
And I'm wish you Wings on thinking we should of been giving all of the mosaic tiles. I mean since we sorta collected them in the plot. But oh well, hopefully I can get the 2 I need at a good price.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Wow~! Look at all the lovelies! Honestly was not expecting so much, that was a nice surprise. Not bad at all - I'm especially happy to get the tiles as items. The books and some the artifacts are beautiful too! My gallery and some of my pets' treasure chests just exploded XD And aww, cute new pet species to boot!

And good on Subeta staff for listening, they fixed just about everything I didn't like about plots they'd done in the past. I personally thought the pacing was near perfect; it gave people a chance to catch up without dragging, and moved things along without seeming rushed. There were lots of nice new items found and awarded. There were a variety of things to do, that almost everyone on the site could do. And even though the big boss battle was mainly for the top tier battlers as usual, I liked that there were harder-than-usual challengers for those of us who haven't quite got that far along yet. Something for, say, a battle pet who's just now about to hit the 500 mark in all his stats - clearly not a beginner, but not nearly a powerhouse either. Good to have some battle trophies for his treasure chest. Very entertaining all around.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I really enjoyed this plot, too. The art was gorgeous, the puzzles were challenging yet fun (I wanted to play more Mastermind!), the pace was good, and the story was entertaining (whoever wrote Blake's dialogue was great; he made me laugh several times). I had a few issues with the battling, but I did manage to beat almost all of the opponents, and I liked the idea of two bosses for different time zones. I'm happy with my prizes, too. :)