Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Seerow wrote:I used to be so happy that my battle pet Ishka had passed the 1.5k mark in all stats but level. I felt she was a decent battle pet. After all she is ranked #153 on the site which I feel isn't too shabby. But you know what, she can probably beat the same opponents now that she could when she had stats in the 800s. There is no middle ground with these guys, either they are super easy or insanely overpowered.
This so freaking much. Don't have much to add to that rant.

And I loathe the new Boss challenger because not every battle results in knocking HP off him thanks to his stupid blocking weapons. :? Why does he even have blocking weapons? AFAIK he can kill every battle pet on the site with the kind of damage he does.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

yeah. I train my "battle" pet every chance I get and have been doing that for over a year now. She is still on the weak side and I don't own any god weapons...I don't even own a legendary at this point, so I didn't expect to do much of anything against the new challenger. But I did expect to at least scratch him, maybe pull a hangnail or something...make him stub his toe? Nope, nada, nothing. He kills me in one swipe and then proceeds to heal himself the 400HP while I go crawling to the healer. I gave it a few good tries mixing up my weapons and attacks each time and the most damage I managed against him was 25 points. I walked away at that point and am just hoping he gets weaker as the rest of Subeta wears him down. I would like to get at least the one achievement where you leave a mark or whatever.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Turns out I was still in another battle. All is good. But I only damaged it for 16..haha
Image Image
ImageImage
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

He is no longer healing, so everyone can damage him. His HP is dropping fast! :)
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Aaand it's over. :)

I'm so glad he stopped healing. I was afraid this was going to go on for the rest of the week, or at least a few days.
moonsyne

Post by moonsyne »

... and I thought I was the only one who has issues.

My battle pet is well trained, rated around 100,
and has every weapon you can buy or earn.

I still suck terribly at this. It all seems to be a matter of luck instead of logic.
Image Image
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Oh goodie, I missed the minotaur. Shouldn't have logged off of the internet early. Huh.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Not all is lost Alecko :) Turns out in a rather smart move on Battle Admin Ryan's part, they released a second one. The catch is that if you damaged the first you can't battle the new guy, giving people from other time zones etc a chance to get in there and battle the guy. He's been tweaked a bit so he heals less now I guess.
To get him you go to the sundial room and either complete that or if you have just go back there and refresh and he should show up.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Well what do you know. xD Considering the achivements just says you need to deal damage to it, and I'm really picky about my battlers losing, I fed/played with one of my untrained pets then chucked him at the guardian. Fifth go I managed to deal an awesome 11 damage and I'm done.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Woohoo, I got to finish the sundial and toss a meager amount of damage at the minotaur. Do I get the achievement for that after its health has dropped to 0?

This one seems to be going really slow, but I'm very glad they gave the not-online-for-the-first people a second chance.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm a bit late but I was pretty frustrated with the battling too. I thought the first "lady" was frustrating but I was able to get 10 wins. The second one even more so, but I was also able to beat her. The satyr, though, caused me all kinds of frustration. I had some strategy going, and thought maybe I could get one win, but she was pulled while there were still 60+ left, so the minotaur could be released. (Ryan did say that he might ask to have some of the harder opponents re-released for a bit since they were so limited. There's a whole plot battle Q/A thread here.)

I so do get everyone's frustration. My pet is ranked 25th, and was as high as 19th for a bit, and I still can't beat some of the opponents (though lower-statted pets with god weapons can do it easily). I've been training him nonstop for 5 years now but, because of people who can afford to boost their pets like crazy, he's still continually a step behind. Every time he gets close to beating Forj or Prodigy or something at that level, things are changed to make them harder again.

There is such a divide with battling on Subeta, and it's grown so much in even the past 2 years or so, that I'm not sure they could ever really fix it.

And, Rakumel, sorry to hear you had such a negative experience with BC chat. I do post there but often times don't know answers to questions, or wind up skipping a bunch of pages. Most people there really are pretty friendly in my experience, and there are a few that are really very helpful (they just "get" battling way more than I ever could).
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I take it that it's all over now? I was sort of busy with my actual real life the last couple of days, so I haven't been on.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Prizes are out! And a new pet! Man there are a TON of prizes, I got 49 0_o They are all really really lovely.
I also got two additional prizes for being one of the top battlers against a Saheric Temple Guardian? I think I did like 400 damage to the guy lol. Neat anyway! Got a Stone Bovytaur Plushie and Saherimos Honey for that.

Meet my new pet Tripton, the Bhakoru.

Edit:
And there are even trophies, neat! Though I got three of them (participant, bronze, and silver) which is a bit odd.
Last edited by Seerow on 13 Aug 2011 02:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I got 41 items.

My new fave item is 'Shrine of the Silver Manchu'. How can you not love an item that references Legends of the Hidden Temple?
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I didn't count how many items I won, but I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the page full of them. Far more than I was expecting. I also got three "special" items for damaging the Saheric Temple Guardian (the third being a Gilded Targe). Only got a silver trophy, though (in no small part due to me missing the first step of the plot :P ).

Edit: That's really weird, Seerow. I only got the one trophy. :|

Edit 2: Buh? I just found a new bronze trophy on my profile....
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 13 Aug 2011 05:20 am, edited 1 time in total.