Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by Huggles »

Does anyone have a picture of what it's supposed to look like when completed?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Someone posted it to their photobucket: http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff35 ... lution.jpg Hopefully they'll leave it up for a while. There are probably more posted to the forums but I ran in to get this and ducked out again.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Puzzle #8 made zero sense to me but it didn't slow down the first 100, as usual. I'm really beginning to wonder how dumb I am.

I thought I was supposed to put man-woman-something-something in order in the backwards S shape, but after unexpectedly finishing, it looks like a vertical order of man-woman-something? These Saheric people are so androgynous I'd have trouble ordering them even if I knew what to do.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I have no idea how I got the latest puzzle, and judging by the forums, no one else does either...
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

The instructions on some of these are really vague. In this one they're straight-up misleading. You're just supposed to group the statues by some trait—which one seems to be different for everyone. As long as they're in groups, it doesn't matter how they're sorted. And put me down as someone else who can't tell the difference between the men and the women :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I did the sequence based on just having one trait the same as the previous statue, but that didn't work, even though I quadruple-checked it. Then I said "fuck it" and put all the sad ones together, then all the angry ones, blah blah. That worked fine. I guess I could have been overthinking it, but I think actually I'm just too dumb to understand what the point was.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Yeah, at first (after reading the stone book thingy) I thought that it had to go in man-woman-happy-sad order. So I started by putting a man? then a woman(they all look very feminine to me) then a happy(ish) one then a sad or mad one. That didn't work out so good for me so I went looking in the forums for a solution. I read that it was where you just have to have one trait of the statue previous to continue the pattern and the "traits" are the headdress, the pants/skirt and the facial expression...what in the hell do those traits have to do with the cryptic message on the book on the pedestal? Whatever. I missed the first 100 by a long shot (it seems to go quicker and quicker each time and I really have to wonder how these people know what the fuck they are supposed to do with some of these.) but I got it completed and am now ready to see what is in the last room. Funny thing is though, there are 10 spaces for artifacts in the journal and only 9 rooms...so where are we going to get that last artifact from I wonder.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I grouped them by what kind of bottom they were wearing. I lined up all of the ones wearing a skirt, then the ones with the hanging sash type thing, then the ones with shorts, and lastly with pants.

Didn't bother looking at facial expressions. I did pull them out of the top row in order though.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm back from the cottage and am so happy to see that the plot is still going on. The only thing I really missed out on was more digging but that's okay. I've just caught up with all the puzzles. The aeanoid one was really simple I found. Just hacked away till I got it. The marble one I had to check the forums to see how to figure that one out. Once I did I got it no problem. I hissed at the sliding puzzle for about a minute. Then was able to figure it out all on my own, which shocked me. Then the statue one I played around with, grouping like stuff together till I got it.
So now I'm all ready for that 9th door. And I'll be here to try for the first 100, though I won't hold my breath for that one. I'm just so glad I'm able to see the end of the plot. :3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Wow, I actually got the 'be one of the first 100' achievements today.

Didn't expect it. I blazed through the puzzle pretty fast, but I figured that if it was so easy for me, it'd be that easy for everyone else too.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

In case anyone's forgotten about Blake's journal, it holds the key to solving puzzle #9!

So happy I made first 100 on this one :D After you finish this one you can actually put all the pieces into the mural and enter into the temple! It's a maze thing, but I seem to be getting lost no matter which way I go. And there's two limited opponents who are harder than the statues but not essential to advancing further, I think.

edit: Scratch that on getting lost, there's a fixed path through the maze. You gotta write down your progress. I'm up to room FIFTY THREE. My mom is whining at me to go to the store and she'll majorly guilt trip me if I say I want to stay and play a game -_- this maze is way too long.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

The code puzzle was fun, but the labyrinth is madness. It's reminding me that I can't tell left from right easily.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

There's only 75 rooms (got the 1st 100 again). I guess that's not that much better than 100, but still a bit shorter.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I thought I might of gotten the first 100 in the decoding but I guess I just missed it. My own fault, I kept missing letters I thought I had caught all of and then ended up miss spelling one. ^-^; I had a lot of fun decoding it though! I was all giddy till I hit the maze. Was doing alright but then ended up getting annoyed the higher the number of rooms got and the more I had to restart. Once I hit room 61 I used the guide on the forms for the last bit. Though by the end I had the path pretty much memorized so I didn't need my paper to get through it really. o.O I was met with a nice surprise when I went to my inventory though, to see I found a bunch of things while in the maze. Unfortunately you can't see them yet, a glitch maybe. I can't wait till I can.
And now we have to battle scarabs, a cobra and a scorpion. The scorpion and cobra are a bit to high for me to beat down..though I might give a try for the hell of it. I don't know about the scarabs cause they were gone when I went to challenge.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I love this plot when it works. I am very, very, very unimpressed, however, with the consistent way this goes: Prizes come out but images are broken, items are set to "Staff" rarity, challengers have to be taken down because they're glitching, blah blah blah, always and forever errors. How many times have we gotten prizes through this plot? They have never worked right for me straight away, I think. Always broken in some way. Usually broken images, often also Staff items. How is this still happening? Shouldn't these things be an error you see maybe once and then, I don't know, you fix?

It seems like a small thing, and maybe petty because they do always eventually make them work for everyone, although sometimes they have to make people open tickets so they can get their items.... It's just that this site always works like this. When things are going wrong in this way and you shrug and go, "Well, it's Subeta, what can you expect," that is a very bad thing for your company. Sheesh.
Image Image