Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by AngharadTy »

Ooh, I will totally take you up on that! But I'll have to try it later, because I am dead tired right now. I'll message you on subeta when I wake up. =)

(This post had so many typos at first. Goodness.)

edit later: Welp. Think they'll release more of them to fight?
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Posting again to let you guys know that they released more of the limited challengers, 500 each.

And I swear they changed the catoblepas from last night. It's scoring at least two critical hits on me every battle, assuming I actually survive the first one. I did get my five wins (thank you, Alecko!) but am trying for 10, since I borrowed stuff, heh. It is not going well. I can't get 7 because of getting critical hits every few turns.
Image Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I remember it getting multiple critical hits on me last night when I was trying for an 11th win (for some reason, one of my wins didn't "take" and I only got the achievements after six and 11 wins).

Battling on Subeta is horrible. I have one of the top 100 pets (just barely; she's slipped down to 98) and I have high-level (not godly, but powerful) weapons, and yet I don't battle because I just hate it. Weapon stats are constantly being messed with, challengers are changed if someone comes up with a good strategy against them, weapons are downgraded if too many get released into the economy... nothing is stable, and despite all of the fancy scrolls and spells and crystals and "perks" and whatever else, it's still just click click click for endless rounds.

Now tonight, a new opponent, a devonti satyr thing, was released. Can't use any spells against her and curses also don't work, which makes her quite hard to beat. Apparently the god weapon Wand of the Phoenix would be excellent against her... so they programmed it so that this weapon's defence won't activate against this opponent only. For fuck's sake.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, that is a pretty good summary of why battling on subeta is worthless.

I only need two more wins against the catoblepas and I've borrowed things from three people to try to get it, but the critical hits are stopping me. I will continue to bash my head against this terribly fun brick wall for a while, but I just... I don't know if it's worth it.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

That said, I am perfectly satisfied with the million sp I made from the sale of a dozen Winged Stone Books, which I acquired by fighting that stupid griffin a total of 75 times(five times per pet). My pets aren't strong enough to survive past medium opponents. I'm not sure why I mentioned that, but surely you all must care, regardless.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Cranberry wrote:Now tonight, a new opponent, a devonti satyr thing, was released. Can't use any spells against her and curses also don't work, which makes her quite hard to beat. Apparently the god weapon Wand of the Phoenix would be excellent against her... so they programmed it so that this weapon's defence won't activate against this opponent only. For fuck's sake.
Bolding mine. Wait. WHAT?

Okay, I've just recently gotten into battling on Subeta, and by that I mean I've really started training Psione and spending a bit of SP on decentish weapons. Nothing too much because of all the rumors etc about how this and that will change and I don't want to deal with having wasted SP. But WHAT? That makes NO sense. It's bullshit to punish people who have trained their pets hard, who have shelled out millions/billions of SP for special weapons by making them virtually useless. I don't get it. Why bother having any weapons with different abilities/traits at all if you're just going to nix any time they'll be useful? Ugh.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I used to be so happy that my battle pet Ishka had passed the 1.5k mark in all stats but level. I felt she was a decent battle pet. After all she is ranked #153 on the site which I feel isn't too shabby. But you know what, she can probably beat the same opponents now that she could when she had stats in the 800s. There is no middle ground with these guys, either they are super easy or insanely overpowered. I spent a good fortune on my weapons, I don't have any god weapons but I have several legendary combos and other top tier weapons. I can't even beat the stupid boar from the second wave of challengers. I am able to beat the skeleton 7 times and can't get past that.

Keith is in talks of implementing a stat cap which I think is a good idea so they can scale weapons and opponents better. Only trouble is there is talks of it being like 15k stat cap per skill sans level. What is the point of even having a stat cap if it is that high? I dunno, maybe its just me but I've trained Ishka non-stop for over two years and I am getting no where in battling. It's all just very stagnant.

Though if staff is going to make certain useful weapons not work properly against opponents, none if this is going to matter anyway and I should just throw in the towel.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Next step is up early: go down the stairs and into a chamber with a Minotaur statue. Click on the bottom part of the pedestal on the left. Move the sundial pieces until they form a Saheric word from left to right, which you'll have to translate like the previous message. Then you get to participate in the battle against the end boss, yay.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Griffin wrote:Next step is up early: go down the stairs and into a chamber with a Minotaur statue. Click on the bottom part of the pedestal on the left. Move the sundial pieces until they form a Saheric word from left to right, which you'll have to translate like the previous message. Then you get to participate in the battle against the end boss, yay.
This is a stupid question, but... what stairs?

Also, battling: I hated it before and I continue to hate it now. I never managed to get the last two wins against the catoblepas. I think the crit hit thing has only just struck me because I never was able to fight opponents before that could wipe me out in one move (wyrmgear and the recycle beast both did that as well--1500 damage even when I'm defending?!). I paused in my headdesking to look at the battle forum for ideas on what the hell I could possibly do to get two more wins, and I read the thread about battle changes that the admin posted. It's all downgrade, downgrade, downgrade, etc. They are too lazy to code something where only one stat-booster works if you equip two, so if you equip two, neither stat boost works. That's great, fucks with my set. My chimerical cloak claims it is infinite in its tooltip but broke after a couple turns when I used it--because on the thread a month ago he posted that it got downgraded to semibreakable. 1) That ain't what I bought, 2) it's not that great anyway, what the hell uses only physical, 3) don't bother updating the info on the actual item, eh? But it's Subeta. What can you expect.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Do all my pets have to be well fed and happy in order to be able to fight? Or is one enough? ...Im pretty sure the last time I battled only one of my pets was well fed..it wont let me fight now
Image Image
ImageImage
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

AngharadTy wrote:This is a stupid question, but... what stairs?
The barely visible staircase to the right of the pedestal base at the end of the labyrinth. (or click here)

By the way, the Minotaur boss heals 400 HP every turn, so maybe doing less than 400 damage is actually counterproductive? Meaning... we get to take a shot at it for laughs and a participation achievement, but once again it's only the godliest weapon owners who can (or should) be doing anything. Go fig. I do around 100 damage on it with my icefirewand and morostide helmet thing.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I threw Theremin against it a couple of times, but I think I just made it worse. Whatever, did some damage at least.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Apparently the 10 people who do the most damage (cumulatively, not in one hit) will get the same prize as whoever delivers the killing blow. So... uh, I hope we all enjoy sitting around for hours losing and healing over and over?
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Goldenchaos wrote:Do all my pets have to be well fed and happy in order to be able to fight? Or is one enough? ...Im pretty sure the last time I battled only one of my pets was well fed..it wont let me fight now
I just got done with a battle and only my battle pet was fed...so no, they don't all have to be full. Maybe one of them's stuck in a fight? You can check under Statistics. Other than that, no idea what's going on.

Took one shot at the boss just for the hell of it (and the achievement too, I guess). Poor Valtam managed to do a whole 96 points worth of damage as he got his ass handed to him. Actually, I'm surprised he could even do that much.

Anyway, yeah, we're done. XD

...although, if we're venting frustrations about battling, mind if I add one more? It's damn near impossible to get good advice. There's no equivalent of the IDB for Subeta, at least not that I've found. And the forums aren't much help either, at least not when I went. About a year ago I asked if Pandemonium, a sword that's been on my wishlist for some time because it looks awesome, was actually a good weapon for the price. The one person who replied said (and I'm paraphrasing all this), "Kinda, but you can do better." So I ask, "Okay, got any suggestions?" Person says to check the sticky of recommended weapons on the top of the board. Okay, fair enough. Except I had already checked it, and Pandemonium was on the list. :x

Another time I asked if I should try to sell an Acidic Throwing Vial I'd managed to get from a gelatin - this was before any of the Throwing Vials were common - and use the sP towards something better, or if I should hold onto it. *At the time I asked*, there was only one vial for sale, listed at 40 mil. (I don't recall seeing any for trade.) Most people missed my question entirely and harped on the price I'd quoted. "OMG, you'll never get that much for it." Okay, fine. Sorry. I get it. I should have gotten a better idea of the price from that other board before coming here. Now what about my ACTUAL question?!

Frustration accomplished. I never opened my big mouth on the Battle forums again.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I tried to get the actual IDB into Subeta battling (I'm a rater there, and at one point we were trying to figure out how to revive the site -- I figured a Subeta weapon database and advice forum would be cool), and a few of the other raters tried it out, but didn't like it. I think only one of them (THESOVEREIGN) still battles at Subeta.