Morostide 2011

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Re: Morostide 2011

Post by Alecko »

I managed to get a Slivyne yesterday. :) First time getting one of Jaxon's special minions.

Really enjoying the challengers as well, though I'm not sure I'll be able to get past the Carrion Lord.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Nightlady was impossible for me last year, and I trained all year and got healers and a malice, but she continues to be impossible. I am frustrated.
Image Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

It's frustrating for Jason and me, too, believe me. We had to adjust her to make her a little harder (really not much, though). This should be the last adjustment on her; we have to tweak pretty much all of the existing challengers to fit with our new system, and then they will be left as is -- no more moving the goalposts every year. We added new opponents (the bat and candy scorn and wolve) to kind of soften the blow as much as we could, to give people at all different levels more things to fight.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I managed to beat the Carrior Lord 5 times this year which was nice, but yeah, no way I'll be able to take on the Nightlady or the new opponent anytime in the next few years. With only being able to get 3 or 4 training sessions in per day with my battle pet it will be a long time before I get the right stats!
I created a Bhakura when they came out and have been autotraining him basically ever since and he was able to beat everyone up to Rictus for the Halloween challengers, so that was fun :D Was able to get double of a lot of the special prizes.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Cranberry wrote:It's frustrating for Jason and me, too, believe me. We had to adjust her to make her a little harder (really not much, though). This should be the last adjustment on her; we have to tweak pretty much all of the existing challengers to fit with our new system, and then they will be left as is -- no more moving the goalposts every year. We added new opponents (the bat and candy scorn and wolve) to kind of soften the blow as much as we could, to give people at all different levels more things to fight.
You work on Subeta?! :shock:
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yep, Cranberry and Purge (Jason?) are heads of the battle system now. ^_^

And for what it's worth: as frustrating as it is to not be able to defeat Nightlady again, the new opponents more than make up for it, and I completely understand why you had to re-balance everyone.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I love the opponents, even though my pet and my weapons aren't strong enough for the wolve and the pumpkin crotch thingy. Which leads me to a question, is there a specific reason why the opponents are being brought out in order of strength? I get that you are working towards a certain goal, but it would be nice if occasionally a (new) weaker opponent was mixed in towards the end. Makes things a little bit more unpredictable. I like unpredictable (but that is a very clear personal preference :D )
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Anyone need any more pumpkins to carve to get the achievement and the site layout? If so just let me know (sMail, comment, whatever) and I'll send over some. Otherwise I'm just going to throw them in my shop to sell.

Also, damn it I want to find that Sylvine so I can click on other parts of the patch, already. =( *shakes tiny fist of impotent rage*