Luminare 2011!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Re: Luminare 2011!

Post by shaelyn76 »

total agreement on hating Facebook and we get to decorate trees instead of stockings? bleh.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I'm trying very hard not to whine or judge this new thing too harshly, but I'm already soured on the fact that apparently I have to buy a bunch of overpriced ornaments in order to participate. At least with the stockings, you could put any kind of nice thing in them.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

They're probably going to release the tree-decorating feature that many users have suggested. It's good that Keith also posted the clue about ornaments in the news.

If ornaments are too expensive, try hitting the Mystery Box (write down the numbers that give good items and which give wrapping papers, those values should remain the same for at least a day), or vending at Dragon's Hoard, which dispenses holiday shop items. c:
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Agree with Griffin - hit up Mystery Box. I love to use it for holiday things in the first place, but spending only 200kish today got me about 10 different ornaments and lights. I sometimes do up to a mil at a time just for fun (and to collect wrapping paper xD)
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I'm trying not be resentful of the fact that it is now the 14th, and the new feature has yet come out. Some people have to visit relatives and are very busy closer to the holidays. I loved stuffing Subeta stockings early in the month so that I could focus on other things. If we have to wait until the 20th for this feature to finally get released, then none of my friends will get anything from me - I don't have enough time or wrapping paper to send 1000+ gifts out! :(

Does anyone know what the book The Summit and the Sands represents? I'm clueless.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I miss the stockings too, last year was my first christmas on subeta and I finally figured out how they are supposed to be used. (Or how NC members use them) so I was looking forward to doing it "right" this year.
I don't see why having a tree means we can't have stockings too, unless we have the option to put gifts under the tree? In that case, fine but hurry up a bit, like Sunwolf the end of December will be a busy time!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Something posted on the Facebook pagve..not sure if it's related or not, but the comments seem to say so..

http://f.cl.ly/items/2S0F3E0e0t2Q2c1Z2M ... 1%20PM.PNG
Image Image
ImageImage
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Goldenchaos, maybe it's an Ikumoradeekanox revamp? It really needs it. If we have to have a decorated tree, I'd rather it be an evergreen. Boy, the ornaments will really clash if that's what we're decorating!
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Thanks for the advice, I didn't even know about the Mystery Box! I went through 500 tokens and only managed to vend about 5 ornaments (assuming baubles count as ornaments), but I probably would have had better luck if the Fireside items had been retired. Though I did vend a few other spiffy things that hopefully will sell so I can recoup my losses. Mystery Box went much better; I wound up just buying anything under 10K, and most of the time it was an ornament. I'm even holding on to some lights in case we can use those too, some time in the future.

Now if they'd only finish whatever this thing is we're supposed to be saving our ornaments for...at this rate, I'm thinking maybe they should have saved it for next year. I'm sure it's going to be awesome and that staff's working very hard to get it done, but this is cutting it kind of close. =\
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Stupid snow fairy achievement. After all this time and getting what feels like tons and tons of them, I only have 166. Absolutely ridiculous achievement. A thousand. And you have to release them individually. This is one of those times when I go, "Subeta, you are not a fun game. I am going to go play a fun game instead of being here."
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

122 for me. Released 122 fairies and didn't even find a new one. Poe-eeh
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I somehow missed Melody giveaway on the 16th. :/ Which is weird because I could have sworn I grabbed my gifts before I went to bed on the 15th, but... whatever. The only thing I can think of is that I got an SQL error when I tried to get the gifts and forgot/didn't realize I had to try again.

EDIT: Apparently my pet can read books that I never actually bought for her. :/ I filed a ticket to see what's up, because now I have no clue if I actually collected those items from the Melody or not.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Indeed. Frankly, both the Fireside and Luminaire themes annoy me, because I really like them both and I'm nowhere near either of them. Why couldn't it have been something more doable like, dunno, 250? Even 500 would be better. But 1000 is pretty much impossible without lots of money, insane grinding, or both.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I had about 100 snow fairies in my vault from previous years and about twenty just sitting in my inventory found from this year, so I was able to get a little over a tenth of the way there right off the bat. Still, god, it was tedious. I don't know if you can only get this achievement and unlock the new layout during this month, or if it'll be available to get year-round. Either way, I'm not going to break my mouse and eat up my time trying to release all those fairies at once for a layout that, while beautiful, isn't something I see myself using at any other time of the year. What few fairies I do find around the site, I'm just going to sell.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

If you have large stacks of fairies, you can just release one and then rapidly hit F5 on the "fairy released" page to keep repeating the action (note that it'll give you the "you don't have that item!" error at times when you still have some left). A lot of things on Subeta are refreshable that way, like fragging, snowball throwing, and um... other stuff I forget.

I won't be surprised if the next Survival or Masquerade has a 1k achievement that unlocks a layout. Another reason I'm an advocate for hoarding everything!